About this listing
In an ancient building, built in the late nineteenth century and renovated in the 2000s;
Apartment of 105 m2 with 3 rooms, high ceilings, very quiet and enjoying double glazing windows:
- A large living-dining room of 40 m2, with a very comfortable sofa bed (140 x 200) and speakers to play your music.
- A large bedroom (20 m2) with a king size bed (180 x 200).
- A small bedroom (10 m2) with two single beds (90 x 200).
- A fully equipped kitchen (fridge, freezer, induction cookers, oven, microwave oven, dishwasher, washer-dryer, coffee machine, toaster, boiler...)
- A bathroom with shower, toilet and sink.
- A lot of storage space, wardrobes, an iron and an ironing board, a hairdryer.
- A Wi-Fi internet connection.
- Linen (feather quilts and pillows and their fitted sheets, hand and bath towels).
The apartment has been completely redecorated in July 2013 in a unique style inspired by a painting of Coluntino that you can enjoy in the lounge.
Located in the heart of Prenzlauer Berg, a trendy and very animated district with many cafes, bars, restaurants, parks and tourist attractions which make the former East Berlin famous and attractive.
The Mauer Park, major Sunday meeting with its flea market, outside karaoke in a stone amphitheater, its concerts, shows and performances, its animal farm for children, is about ten minutes away with the tram.
The area is particularly well served by public transport:
- Two tram lines intersect at less than 100 meters from your place of residence (M2 and M10) and take you straight to Alexander Platz, Wahrschauer or Nord Bahnhof.
- The S-Bahn (overground) station Prenzlauer Allee is a 10 minutes walk away and connects to the other districts as well as with the airport Berlin-Schönefeld.
If you go for a bike ride, a renter is at the corner of the street.
Finally, I’ll be very pleased to share with you my knowledge of the city and the district in particular, myself been living there for 8 years.
Etienne made us feel very welcome,the listing is exactly as posted (add'l clarification, there is a twin trundle bed under the other twin bed; also a nice pull-out sofa in the living room). It's airy, not cluttered, a very quiet street, and a very nice place to stay.
Etienne was not available in Berlin the day we went. So most of the (minimal) communication was through mail. Excellent location.. very central and well connected to the transport network. Markets Pubs and everything else within 10 minutes walking distance. Big house..very well suited for groups of 5 or more people.
One disadvantage, as pointed by other guests too, is the weak wifi.. very weak.. difficult to even check mails.
The apartment is conveniently located near S and M train stations, and within biking distance from all major attractions. 2 bikes come with the apartment, and renting more costs only 10 Euro for 24 hours. The apartment is surprisingly large and comes equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay. The host, Etienne, is a great guy. He is nice an considerate, and tried to help us as much as he could.
Beautiful and clean apartment in a quiet neighborhood with plenty of shops, restaurants, and transit options nearby. Etienne outfitted us with everything we'd need for a few days in Berlin, and gave us great local recommendations!
Great apartment, very spacious. Located just a few minutes walk to tram line S&U bahn which took us to the heart of Berlin in 10 minutes. Excellent restaurants all around the apartment. Kaiser supermarket just a few minutes walk. Brilliant location, away from Berlin madness in a stunning arty suburb
Etienne was a graceful host, he suggested some good spots in the neighbourhood and prepared the flat with everything we needed. The place is huge and in a great position, perfect for restaurants and night life, a great space for groups of people, especially.