About This Listing
Fully furnished, 45m2, one bedroom apartment, in the center of the city, with good access to the Historical Center, the Train and Bus Stations, public transit and basic services. NON-smoking unit with no carpeting (laminate flooring/ceramic tiles only) preferable for guests with chemical and/or environmental sensitivities.
Before anything else would be outlined, it is important to disclose that there are four major conditions imposed on all visitors interested to stay in our Apartment NOMAD :
* Absolutely NO SMOKING, DRUGS or ALCOHOL
* No PETS
* Adults only / no kids under 12 years of age
* Respect for permanent residents of the building, for the house rules and towards our property.
We welcome respectful visitors and will do our best to make their stay a positive experience.
Rowdy or unruly visitors will be dealt with swiftly and effectively.
Now, back to the actual information for visitors.....
The biggest draw for visitors of Pilsen is the long history of the beer production, but there is much more to see and explore.
Pilsen is the largest city in Western Bohemia, very diverse region sandwiched between the border with Germany (80km), and central section of the Czech Republic dominated by Prague (90km).
Relative close proximity to foothills of Sumava mountain range separating Germany and CR, as well as close proximity to Prague, makes Pilsen a favorable base camp for visitors planning to explore Czech Republic.
The city was established in 12th century on the confluence of four rivers. Besides its long love affair with the beer production, it contributed also heavily to the creation of unique, world class puppet theater school..... just to name one, less frequently known, fact. (The Museum of Puppets is located at the Main Square.)
Regardless of the specific reasons for your planned stay in Pilsen, personal, or business, we will do our best to meet your needs and to exceed your expectations.
=== DAY TRIPS TO PRAGUE ===
Our apparent Nomad is located in Pilsen, city of 170,000 inhabitants, some 90km South/West from Prague.
There is just short walk (7-8 min.) from the apartment to the train station, followed with 90 minute train ride in order to get to the center of Prague.
Consequently, if you target exclusively Prague, renting our apartment is not the best option.
If you look for combined experience, visiting Prague and exploring Pilsen & western part of the country, I dare to believe our apparent would serve you well.
We encourage you to check maps to get more familiar with the distances and the possibilities for trips off beaten tourist track, while using our Apartment NOMAD as a base.
=== LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY ===
Apartment NOMAD is located in the larger center of the city. The buildings in this quarter were all built around 1900, and after many years of neglect during socialistic era, many buildings were renovated and restored in past 25 years.
Our team purchased Houskuv Dum (Houska House) with 8 residential units in 2007. Between 2009 and 2012 the whole building was renovated from the ground to the roof. Many property owners in the area did the same, returning to these buildings and streets their original charm and function.
In the Spring of 2013 restored Mikulasske Namesti (Mikulas Square) park was opened to public, further enhancing the area, which is quickly becoming a stronghold of new generation of well educated and well paid young people, who appreciate close proximity to city center and growing network of walking and cycling paths.
=== BOOKING INCLUDES ===
The guests staying in the Apartment NOMAD will have an access to:
* Houska House common areas - hallways, backyard, etc.
* Apartment NOMAD - full use (not shared with anyone else)
* In the Apartment Nomad, there is a free TV and WiFi. Internet signal covers also the Houska House Backyard.
* Final cleaning of the Apartment NOMAD
=== PARKING ===
Parking is a challenge in all inner centers of virtually all EU cities. Pilsen is not an exception. However, PAID parking with kiosks on the street are just 1-2 minutes walk from the Apartment NOMAD. There is always a place there......
In any case, we encourage all visitors to consider coming without the car. Public Transit system in Pilsen and in Czech Republic in general, despite its hiccups and occasional confusion, is providing very respectable level of service for a fraction of the cost of comparable service delivered in other EU countries.
Interaction with Guests
=== AFTER YOUR ARRIVAL ===
* The manager of the Apartment NOMAD will provide you with basic information about the apartment, various appliances, house rules, etc.
* You will be also provided with information about various services in the area (shopping, eating out, transport, etc.)
* Feel free to ask questions specific to your interest and/or related to your planned activities during your stay in Pilsen.
=== WALKING AROUND THE CITY ===
* Due to the location of the Apartment Nomad, and relative small size of the city, all major attractions, including historical city center, are in 20-25 minute walking distance.
* There is number of "service points" in very close proximity to Apartment NOMAD (corner stores, supermarkets, pharmacy, restaurants, ATM, etc...)
* Pilsen City Information Center (Historical Center) can be reached within 25 minutes following a river path
=== PUBLIC TRANSIT ===
* The street TRAMS #1, #2 and #4 create the "spine" of the Public Transit in Pilsen, which also includes buses, and troley-buses.
* The TRAM #2 Stop is just 2 minutes from the Apartment Nomad. The Stop for Tram #1 is 3-4 minutes walk.
=== TRANSPORT IN/OUT OF THE CITY ===
* Main Train Station is just 7-8 minutes easy walk from the Apartment NOMAD
* Central BUS Station can be reached by Tram #2 (approximately 10 minutes).
Other Things to Note
=== BEFORE YOUR VISIT ===
* Regardless of the purpose of your stay in Pilsen / Czech Republic, you may wish to consider downloading into your smart phone a few applications before starting your trip.
* We did our own search for suitable applications, and we can confirm there are many available - from off-line maps, to city guides, to public transit schedules. We encourage you to do your own search, as Airbnb system does not allow for publishing web site links.
We strive to provide a professional level of service to our short term visitors of Apartment NOMAD as well as long term tenants of the residential units. We hope that all users of Apartment NOMAD will treat with respect our property, our team members and our other clients.
Few simple rules:
* Please make sure the Apartment NOMAD and the building is locked when you leave
* Please be tidy in the areas you share (backyard, hallways)
* Please don’t bring unregistered visitors without a permission
* Please limit the noise and any noisy activities, specially between 10pm - 7AM
* Please, NO outdoor shoes inside the Apartment NOMAD
* Please, NO Smoking / NO Drugs / NO Pets anywhere on the property, and/or in the close proximity to our building
If any damage on the property will take place as a result of your actions, we expect you to voluntarily report it to us, and to take full responsibility for the expenses associated with the repair(s).
Apartment NOMAD is comfortable, newly furnished and perfectly equipped for stay. You will find there everything you need to have at home for living. Very fast smooth WI-FI internet connection available without any break. Location is good - centre of Pilsen accessible on foot or easy connected by tram. We (family of four: two adults + two kids 3 and 8 yo) have stayed almost two weeks in NOMAD having great conditions and time. Surrounding surprisingly quite, although the apartment is located at the low floor. Parking (if one travels by car) only on public places on the street depending on availability - it was 'crowded' but better than I have expected - always found a place near by. In terms of contact with owner, establishing all conditions, answers on questions - absolutely perfect - there was very immediate answer/explanation on any of my questions, very good pricing conditions. Very nice contact with Mrs Sarka that supervised the apartment. Upon arrival we received keys and all practical information about the apartment, equipment etc. There was also no problem to established different than originally planned time of our check-out. Summarizing: very enjoyable stay. Definitely recommended place. Thank You..
About the Host, MyRubiconEU Team
Vladka & Den Rasplicka:
We are Czech-Canadian couple, permanently living in British Columbia (Canada). We maintain in the Czech Republic the Apartment NOMAD in Pilsen as our second residence, and the Cottage ELSA in Kunvald as our vacation cottage.
We were born and educated in Pilsen and lived there for 26 years before we migrated to Canada.
In Canada we established a company focused on the design and the production of laboratory instruments. In 2009 we have passed the responsibilities for daily operation of the company to our son and went into an early retirement.
Since 2009 we travel frequently and extensively, spending in average every year 3-4 months in Czech Republic. When not using Apartment NOMAD and/or our Cottage ELSA, we make them available for visitors interested to explore the Czech Republic.
Our Team in the Czech Republic:
1). Pilsen, Czech Republic:
The maintenance and the management of our buildings in Pilsen, including Apartment NOMAD in Pilsen, is done in close cooperation with Mrs.Petra Fujova and Mr. Stanislav Petras.
2). Kunvald, Czech Republic
The maintenance and the management of our Cottage Elsa i Kunvald, is done in close cooperation with Mr. Marcel Jirku.
Mr. Jirku lives in Kunvald/Zamberk and we work with him since 2009.
More information can be found posted at our web site. Its name corresponds with the name of our AirBnB profile.