We were stunned to read this review, as our interactions with Mr. Gannon and his wife (text communication prior to visit, brief meeting when they arrived) had been very pleasant. We showed them the suite and chatted about nearby attractions.
- Mr. Gannon never communicated any concerns to us during his visit, by telephone, text or in person.
- There has *never* been a cat in the guest suite. The only dog visitor (a family member's) is infrequent and was last here two months before Mr. Gannon's visit, since which time the suite was booked every weekend, with positive reviews from all guests. Clearly no animal odors.
- Our conversation re air-conditioning entailed Mr. Gannon asking in advance whether it was working, and my responding that indeed it was.
- The thermostat is in a highly visible location in the guest suite next to the bathroom door. Guests control the temperature, and we never enter the suite after guests have checked in.
- High price? It is in line with other listings in the area, and with two rooms plus bathroom (600+ sf total), it is larger than many.
- Cleanliness: One of our recent reviews commented that the place was "spotless." We clean carefully before/after every guest, dusting windowsills, bookshelves, ceiling fan blades, scrubbing kitchen area and bathroom, etc. There IS a vintage sink in the kitchenette; perhaps Mr. Gannon is referring to its permanent age spots.
- By the time we read this review, we had new guests checked in; they had no complaints.
The first we heard of any problem was a notification from AirBnB that Mr. Gannon wanted his money back. Perhaps he had an emergency that caused him to leave in a hurry (after sleeping here one night), so he came up with some lies to get a refund. I don't know how else to explain it.
Thank you for reading.