About this listing
When looking for accomodation im Ponta Delgada city center 3/4 Hostel is your best choice. Located in an old typical portuguese house and based on vintage decoration, the hostel provides you with three cozy rooms and a large dining space with Internet access.
Besides, the hostel celebrates several amenities during each month (such as cinema screenings, workshops, etc…) and our team will be more than delighted to guide you through the exploration of our beautiful São Miguel island.
Tangerina room is a private double room. We can put the two beds together if you are a couple, or separated if you just don't want to sleep that close. The inspiration for this room are clementines: its freshness as well as its smooth and glossy appearance.
Convidamos-lhe a ler os nossos termos & condições:
- Temos rede wi-fi disponível: Caziff.
- Só é permitido fumar nos espaços exteriores: terraço e varandas.
- A casa de banho do hostel é partilhada. Caso nessecite de algum utensílio de banho como toalhas de banho, alugamos por 1euro.
- O pequeno-almoço está disponível entre as 8.30am e as 10.30am e encontra-se nos balcões da cozinha no figorífico tudo o que necessita para o seu pequeno-almoço. A refeição é composta por: café, chá, sumos, leite, pão, mantenga, queijo, compota, cereais, iogurtes e fruta.
- As chaves devem ser guardadas. Em caso de perda, terão de pagar 50 euros.
- Não se esqueçam de fechar a porta principal sairem do hostel.
- Não aceitamos cartões de multibanco. Todos os pagamentos deverão ser feitos em dinheiro.
- O check-out deve ser feito antes das 12pm.
In order to make your staying better and helpful, we invite you to read our terms and conditions policy:
- There is a wi-fi connection you can use. It is called Caziff and doesn’t require a password.
- It is only allowed to smoke in the terrace and in the balconies.
- The wc is shared, so we kindly ask you to keep it clean as you found it. If you need a towel, we have towels for rent for just 1 euro.
- Breakfast service is available from 8.30am. It includes coffee, tea, fruit juices, milk, bread, butter, cheese, jam, yoghourts and fruit. You can find it all in the kitchen and in the main room.
- You’ll be given one key to the room and main door. Take care of it: if you lose it we’ll be charging you 50 euros!
- Don’t forget to lock the main door twice when leaving the house.
- We’re not accepting credit-card payments so, please, check you’ve got cash before leaving.
- Check-out must be done before 12pm.
Such a beautiful place and Carolina was an amazing host. There is not a thing that I would remark, except that we stayed just for two nights.
WiFi tends to be a bit unstable, but who needs Internet when you're on such a magical place :)
The room itself, and Cristina who was present when we arrived, were both great. It was particularly nice of Cristina to change the sheets on the bed when they were rained on through an open window. However, the hostel's lone bathroom really needs some attention; we avoided it altogether during our stay as the toilet seat was disgusting, the bath mat (a thick rug) was squelching wet and the room was generally damp and very unclean. I understand that at a property like this guests are generally expected to keep the facilities clean but it was in this state during our entire stay. The owner should look into having it cleaned at least once a day as this alone seriously detracted from an otherwise pleasant stay.
The Good: The hostel is in a great part of Lisbon-- easily walkable to the wanter and to the main square. The Tangerina room was large and the bed was comfortable (two mattresses pushed together on painted wooden pallets). There was a large window over the bed that allowed for a nice breeze. The common space downstairs was also airy and bright. Carolina (the host) was accessible and easy to talk to. The not-so-good: There is only one bathroom and it is not on the same floor as the bedrooms. It is narrow and damp without good ventilation and the towels come at an extra charge. The kitchen is also small and dark-- adequate but not a great place if you hope to cook your own meal. The breakfast is a serve-yourself affair and starts at 8:30am. We left earlier than that each day, so we did not partake in the breakfast offerings. All in all it definitely feels like a pleasant hostel more than an apartment-type unit. It is a good place for the budget-conscious traveler and it is clear that the owners have made efforts to make it charming despite some awkward shared spaces.
Die Unterkunft war sehr schön und so wie beschrieben. Uns wurde sehr viel geholfen, was die interessantesten Orte der Insel angeht. Allgemein haben wir uns sehr wohl gefühlt.
Espaço simpático, central e pertinho de tudo, com anfitriãs muito acolhedoras! O pequeno-almoço apenas abrangia uma parte da variedade descrita e era em pouca quantidade, mas não foi problemático. A gestão da única casa-de-banho para os 3 quartos é poderia ter sido complicada, mas, por sorte, não nos colocou nenhuma dificuldade!
Prostředí hostelu bylo moc příjemné a domácí, Carolina byla milá a snažila se nám ve všem vyjít vstříc. Moc doporučuji, nejen kvůli pěknému interiéru, ale taky kvůli dobré poloze přímo v centru Ponta Delgada, odkud bylo všude blízko a úplně nejblíž do vedlejšího baru na výborný burger a čokoládový dort:)
This host has 54 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ana
Hi, and welcome to Azores Islands. It's here where I'm in charge of the cozy 3/4 Hostel, the most affordable and lovely choice if you're planning to stay in Ponta Delgada.
Under the hostel we have a nice bar/café with a great team, where you can drink local beer or something else, eat a nice burguer and get some tips about the Island.
Best wishes, Ana