About this listing
Live the best Montreal experience in a bright, spacious Victorian apartment: two blocks from Mount Royal, in the heart of trendy Mile End and chic Plateau. Very close to Downtown, Chinatown and the Old Port with easy bus and metro access.
Best location ever! This is the most sought after neighborhood in Montreal. Leonard Cohen lives down the block. Live the best Montreal experience ever in a classic Victorian apartment with hardwood floors, exquisite original moldings and nice views from all windows. Oh, and it's on a beautiful quiet street so you will sleep soundly.
Location, Location, Location:
- Two blocks from Parc Jeanne Mance at the foot of Mount Royal (need a little nature? This is where the locals go for walks, running, biking and lying in the grass.)
- In the Heart of trendy Mile End and chic Plateau. Everywhere you could want to go is walking distance.
- Very close to Downtown, Chinatown, the Old Port. (5 minute cab ride, 25 min walk)
- Public Transit: Metro Mount Royal or Laurier, Bus: #51 on St-Laurent, #80 on Parc Ave (takes you straight to the Jazz Fest)
- Two minute walk to Montreal's Best Vegetarian Restaurant Aux Vivres and local designer boutique Katrin Leblond.
- 1 block from upscale Laurier ave for croissants, shopping and steak.
- 2 blocks from best local grocery store "PA", 24h bagel shop, fruit+vegetable stands, health food store and fish monger.
- 4 Bedrooms with comfortable beds and gorgeous designer bedding (1 Queen, 2 Doubles, 1 Twin = 7 adult spots). Possibility of 2 extra futons on the floor (= 3 additional spots).
Pack n' Play available on request. If you need room for an even bigger group, we have an apartment upstairs that sleeps 16.
- Flat screen TV with apple-TV (use your Netflix or itunes accounts)
- The kitchen: equipped by a chef, you will find everything you could possibly need and the knives are always sharp.
- The bathroom: deep claw-foot tub for soaking after a long day, toilet in separate washroom. Handheld shower.
- Small back porch with view of neighborhood.
- Located in a safe, quiet and family friendly neighborhood, right next to a park that includes a children's playground, this apartment is a perfect "base" to explore the city.
PARKING: There is always free parking on the street. However, you must read the signs carefully; don't park in the reserved for residents zones.
Full kitchen and washer dryer is key to a pleasant stay (especially with kids).
Interaction with Guests
We are never present when our guests rent the apartment. The place is all yours!
The most coveted area in Montreal, our apartment is at the foot of Mount Royal, two blocks from blvd St-Laurent, in heart of trendy Mile-End and chic Plateau. Amazing restaurants and grocery stores in all directions, you can explore the area on foot and walk to a metro station in 10 minutes.
Parking is free on the street, though some areas are reserved for residents only. Bus and metro access is easy and central taking you downtown in 5 minutes. Walk to the Quartier des Spectacles in 20min. Drive to airport is 25 minutes.
Other Things to Note
Other listings in same building:
check out 11 am (Please respect this check out. We need every minute to clean before the next guest arrives.)
check in 3-4pm (It is a big apartment and sometimes housekeeping will be finishing up as you arrive. Please don't be shy to make yourself at home, or drop off your bags and go explore the neighbourhood.)
No smoking, no candles. No pets. No parties. No noise after 11pm
We expect respectful guests to treat our apartment with care.
We love kids and our apartment is very child friendly, but it is on the second floor of a triplex, so a watchful eye is required around open doors and windows. We hope to accommodate all kinds of guests, from all parts of the world.
Everything about the place was fantastic! Location was perfect, the apartment was quiet and comfortable and the perfect base for our week long adventure!
The location is amazing and we loved the access to bike routes, walking distance to Mont Royal and the grocery, cafes and restaurants near by. It is in an older building so there's no a/c or forced air, but enough fans for every room for improved comfort. It's the middle apartment and the floors are hardwood and thin. Katrin did a good job of posting signs to remind us all of this and encourages all her guests (the upper and lower apartment are also her AirBnB listings) to walk softly, and keep the noise down. Our up-stairs neighbours we a little noisy. We messaged Katrin to let her know and she was very responsive.
This apartment was spacious, bright and very clean. We chose it for it's location - my daughter lives nearby, and the area has many excellent restaurants.
As a 50+ and somewhat fussy traveler, I had two issues with the apartment: no air-conditioning (the weather was around 30C so the fans weren't quite enough to give us relief) and the bathtub/shower arrangement was less than satisfactory.
Katrin was easy to connect with and very welcoming.
Katrin a été très accueillante et nous avons eu l'opportunité de discuter quelques minutes lors de notre arrivée. Le quartier est très chouette et très calme. Le logement était propre et bien situé. Cependant, contrairement à ce que laissaient penser les photos, nous avons été surpris par le caractère vieillot du mobilier et de l'appartement.
We had a fine time in Montreal. Katrin responded immediately to our late evening search for a place; the place we had reserved was not at all what we expected and we needed another place immediately. Katrin came through and our stay was great. Good Location, easy arrangements, comfortable beds, and even off street parking if you want to pay a bit extra.
The only recommendation would be an addition of more dishwater. We needed a few more cereal bowls and small plates. The kitchen has most of the things needed to cook, but I would not attempt a gourmet meal that requires lots of pots and pans. Otherwise it all worked out just fine and we were all very comfortable. Thank you.
Tout était en place pour nous accueillir ...appartement lumineux, très agréable. les matelas sont très confortables. nous avons adoré le quartier un des plus beaux de Montréal , tout est à proximité, et quel calme !
Katrin est très attentionnée et à notre écoute ce que nous avons très apprécié.
The listing description was completely accurate and we had a great experience. The only thing that affected our stay was that while there were many fans to keep us cool (at least one per room), there were no screens in the windows.
This host has 147 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Katrin
Born in Montreal, I am a local who just loves her city! I have traveled a lot and I always enjoy coming home to Montreal. Hoping to share the best of my city with my guests, being an Airbnb host has been a great experience for me.
Please have a look at my other apartments by clicking on my full profile.
I welcome you in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian. I can't wait to be your host in Montreal!