The house is in the center of the medina on the avenue Hassan II. It is less than 3 minutes walking from the Plaza de Uta el Hamman and has 3 floors and 2 balconies.
On the first floor you will find a room with a bathroom and shower.
On the second floor there is a hallway with two bedrooms. One of these rooms has a built in closet and a bed of approximately 90cm. The other room has double beds, one of which is for children. There are also blankets, towels, and bedsheets included throughout the house.
When you go up to the next floor, you will find the kitchen and living room. The kitchen has all the utensils included, and the living room has three couches that you can use for sleeping.
Here we have the first balcony, with a fountain and bench and off of it another room with a double bed and bathroom.
If you go up a little higher, you will find another balcony with a barbeque and a table to eat at, along with great views.
The house was last modified in 2009.
Sehr hübsches Haus mit einer sehr schönen Terasse. Leider war es während unseres Aufenthaltes etwas zu kühl, um länger zur verweilen und die Aussicht richtig geniessen zu können. Das Haus, die Sauberkeit und die Ausstattung sind top.
It was such a nice experience living in Jose Louis´s house. We were allowed to stay there on a very short notive, and both Jose Louis and Youssef was very kind and helpful. The house was lovely, with four! floors and the best terrazzo in Chauen. We had nice hot water in the shower and an gas oven in the living room. And most of all Youssef was the best host ever, such a kind and helpful man. If you are looking for a place to stay in Chauen, look no further, I definitively recommend this place, and will come back one day!
Amazing place, amazing host. Can't say enough about how much we loved our experience and the support we got from Jose Luis on our way here from the ferry. Three of us found the house very comfortable and safe with a view from the roof that is absolutely spectacular. We appreciate the hospitality Jose Luis and thanks to Youssef for getting us situated once we arrived!
I stayed in this beautiful house for 2 nights with four friends in January and absolutely loved it. The view from the roof terrace is amazing and the house was very clean and spacious. A bit cold in the winter months though, and it definitely would have been nice to be able to use the fireplace in the livingroom but we were told that we couldn't. The house had lots of well needed cody blankets to warm you during the night though. Also, hot water in the shower is very limited. However, I would love to go back in the summer months! The location is perfect and Chefchaouen truly is an amazing city.
Pepe fué fundamental para toda la organización de mi viaje por el norte de Marruecos. Resultó ser gran conocedor del país y nos permitió resolver todas nuestras dudas.
En lo referente a la casa decir que es una maravilla. Dentro de la medina, muy cerca de una de las entradas lo que permite dejar el coche no muy lejos lo que facilita la descarga de las maletas.
El desayuno en la terraza de la azotea es una auténtica maravilla.
El único pero fue la calefacción. Por la noche la temperatura baja bastante y la casa no está preparada para el frío, los radiadores no son suficientes en los cuartos y tuvimos que calentar las camas con botellas de agua caliente. En el cuarto de estar no hubo problemas porque hay una estufa que es más que suficiente para calentar esa zona. A pesar de esto la experiencia completa fue satisfactoria.
This place was decent but could be fantastic with a few alterations.
The good: beautiful architecture, good location (in the medina but near a car park, so you don't have to walk too far with your luggage)
The bad: as other reviewers have noted, the house was lacking in cleanliness--we arrived to find the previous occupants' food in the fridge, a razor in the shower, a soaking wet toilet seat (?)....As has also been mentioned, the hot water ran out very quickly, which may not be an issue in summer but was very uncomfortable in Dec. Finally, Youssef's lack of English or French (and our lack of Spanish or Arabic) made communication difficult, and we were left with no instructions on crucial details, like how to work the heater.
Also, be warned that two of the bedrooms are separated only by a curtain, so there is very little privacy for the occupants of these rooms.
Overall, I wish this place were better taken care of because it is a beautiful townhouse, but as it was, we were so cold and uncomfortable that if our stay had been for longer than 2 nights we'd have moved to a hotel.
We are sorry that the house did not meet your requirements but just for clearing some of your points:
- Taking into consideration that you arrived just less than one hour after the previous hostage leaved the house, we warned you days before your arrival that we would need some extra time for cleaning. What I do not understand is why I do not know the lack of cleaning when you arrived until this comment, one simple phone call would had sorted out in a matter of minutes. Anyway we will try to do it better by another way in future.
- The hot water tank is 50 liters more than enough for 10 minutes showers for 3-4 persons. Anyway in our indications we gave you in advance you could have read about it.
- About language misunderstandings, Youseff speaks Spanish and Arabic and only a bit of English as it is usual in that part of the country but, you were provided since the very beginning by an Spanish emergency phone number to call and as you were informed before also, there is a phone station only 20 meters away from the house in case that you do not want to call from your own phone. And a phone call to Morocco from that teleboutique costs less than 10 cents of euro. I never received a phone call from you while your stay in the house.
- We received your email about the heater and we advised you that Youseff was coming to turn it up but he was knocking the door for 20 minutes and nobody answered cause as you said in another email, you were on the roof and you didn't hear it...we guessed that due to it was an emergency for you, somebody would be taking attention of his arrival.. You also answered that due to he had a key he could enter by himself and fix it, We would NEVER do that due to we respect the intimacy and privacy of our guests.
- Chaouen is a mountain city and it was in December so the cold feeling is more than normal in this season..
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the town and again I am sorry that you weren't plenty satisfied with the accommodation but I hope that with my explanation you might understand our point of view.
Thank you so much!