Real log cabin on Tahoe's west shore. Perfect location for skiers, rock climbers, bikers and runners! Located on the 72-mile Tahoe Lake Trail, just 5 miles south of Tahoe City, 1 mile north of Homewood.
Sleeps 10 comfortably .. in 4 bedrooms (all with very high-quality luxury beds):
1) BR1: downstairs California king size master bedroom with romantic Tahoe river stone fireplace and sliding door access to deck and hot tub
2) BR2: upstairs king with writing desk
3) BR3: upstairs two single twin-size beds, one queen-size futon
4) BR4: bunk bed with two twin-size beds
NOTE: Linen service is included in $175 cleaning fee per stay. You will need to bring your own beach towels.
2 full bathrooms
downstairs wheelchair accessible shower
upstairs bath/shower (2 door access)
-fully equipped with pots, pans, cutlery, glassware,
-new Bosch extra quiet dishwasher
-new Frigidaire side-by-side
-open plan includes 4 person kitchen breakfast bar and massive reclaimed pine 10-person dining table
· Norwegian free standing wood-burning stove
-free high-speed wireless internet
-2 car garage connects to living room – no ice and snow to navigate
-large, new, clean, well-maintained hot tub for 6-8 adults
-large backyard deck with massive pine trees in yard, outdoor dining table/chairs in summer
-full surround-sound entertainment center, including flat-panel hi-def TV, DVD player, VHS player, full library of DVD movies
-small library of great reading books
-rock climbing hang board
-dart board (real English thistle board in master bedroom)
-ping pong table
-two rafts: 2 person, 4 person [note: stand-up paddle board (SUP) is NOT for guest use]
-yard and beach sun umbrellas
-2 kettle-style Weber charcoal barbecue grills
-3 fireplaces including huge Tahoe river stone full wall fireplace with gas starter in living room common area
Location, Location, Location
-less than 5 miles to Tahoe City, grocery, gas, bakery, pet store, restaurants
-one mile from Homewood resort; within 10 miles to Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley
-for powder hounds: we have plow service, which means no waiting hours to be plowed out when conditions are ideal - earliest access to 89 and first chair!
-neighborhood private lake pier/boat launch access and beach
-Great neighborhood hiking .. along Blackwood Creek, up to Barker Pass, Pacific Crest Trail and Tahoe Rim Trail.
Interaction with guests
Because I live in San Francisco, I will have little or no interaction with guests. I am reachable via (website hidden) and phone. Also, I have a local neighborhood resident managing and cleaning the property if guests have any issues or questions.
- well-behaved pets are fine. [we have a chocolate lab] Owners simply need to be responsible for any damage.
- hot tub .. is quite new and well maintained. Please try to keep clean by not introducing oils, sunblock, dirt, etc. Please turn down to 80 degrees after stay.
- please make sure all windows are latched and blinds pulled DOWN and doors are locked before leaving (through garage door).
- please make sure hot water is turned off upon leaving [top green switch in garage electrical panel].
- SUP (stand-up paddle board) in garage is NOT for guest use.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
I have lived and worked all over the world .. (and still work internationally) but have called San Francisco home since 1992. (so happy to show anyone around the City!)
I work in internet/software.
I have two daughters: one 13 yrs old (8th grade) and one 22 yrs old (4th yr at Stanford).
I am an avid athlete .. mainly in the mountains: snowboarding, skiing, mtn biking, climbing. (so I know all of the great runs, trails, climbs in Tahoe!)
I love to cook .. so our cabin has a very well equipped kitchen. (great pots/pans, knives, appliances, etc.)
I grew up in a family that owned/operated hotels and apartments .. so: 1) I know how to fix things .. and 2) I appreciate great beds! While most place in Tahoe receive 'leftover' secondhand furniture, I had all of the beds custom-made by the same manufacturer and specs as the Four Seasons hotel chain. (we all spend about one-third of our lives in bed .. so it better be comfortable!) Guaranteed: you will love the beds. ;-)