About this listing
Our room is decorated with typical austrian alpine furniture (massive hand painted wood). Has its private bathroom and balcony with view to the lake (just a 7 minutes walk away) and the mountains on the other side. Surroundings are green and quiet.
The room is decorated with typical austrian alpine furniture and the view from the balcony is really beautiful. The surroundings are green and quiet and the lake is just 7 minutes to walk.
The room is comfortable for a maximum of 2 persons.
We try to make our guests feel at home and welcome.
Guests have shared access to:
1) a common room with touristic information, books, movies, games, a small shop and a automatic coffee machine (with fair trade coffee and hot chocolate);
2) terrace with table and chairs;
3) 600 sqm garden that can be used to sit and read a book, lay in the sun,...
4) for a small fee guests can also rent bikes.
5) parking card for parking your car for free on the lake beach for a 40 € deposit (meaning you get your money back when you return the card).
6) if you stay 3 or more nights you can get for free the "Salzkammergut card" that gives discounts in about 130 attractions attractions (more details here: (website hidden)).
Interaction with Guests
We (Sofia and Jürgen) are mostly home (we also live at the Guest house), so guests can have as much interaction as they like: just hello and goodbye or some nice conversations. We give gladly tips on what to do or visit, where to eat and much more, but do not ask us to organize your entire holiday ;-)
We are located in a small village (6 km from Mondsee city and 40 kms from Salzburg city), with a grocery shop, a coffee shop, a filling station, 2 big restaurants, 2 ATMs and a beautiful lake beach in walking distance (mostly within a 5-7 minutes walk).
The surroundings are very green and it is possible to hike the 2 mountains near by from our house. In winter it is possible to walk and do long distance skying (with favorable weather) from our house.
If you have a car you have a lot of attractions nearby, some also reachable by bike:
* lakes - Mondsee, Attersee, Wolfgangsee,...
* mountains - Drachenwand, Schafberg, Schober,...
* cities like Salzburg, Bad Ischl, Halltstat,...
There are a lot of activities: swimming, sun bathing, hiking, biking, climbing (out and indoor), diving, sailing, down hill and long distance skying, water skying, skating, doing the "Sound of the music" tour... and sooo much more.
You can park your car for free in our premises.
And here is some information on public transports:
By plane to Salzburg Amadeus Airport. Take the bus to the train station and there take bus 140. See the following instructions for arriving by train and read the part about the bus ;-)
By train to Salzburg train station. The bus station is just outside. Take bus No. 140 tell the driver you want to go to Mondsee Busterminal. At Mondsee you can take bus 592, 593 or 562. From Salzburg to us by bus is about a 50 minutes drive (40 from Salzburg to Mondsee and 10 minutes more to us).
To plan your use of public transportation in Austria use SCOTTY: (website hidden)? (available in English and German).
We are a non smoking house: smokers are welcome but they have to smoke outside ;-)