Our six quiet, clean and well-maintained cabanas surround a quiet, pleasant garden with shady seating areas. Located at the quieter end of Arugam Bay, each room offers a double bed, en-suite bathroom (warm water available in the cooler evenings) and wifi. The site is safe, secure and well-lit, and there are always staff available.
A wide variety of options are offered for your breakfast (inclusive in room price), eg. tea, coffee, fresh juices, toasties, omlettes, pancakes, etc. All is freshly prepared. Food can also be ordered throughout the day, with fresh fish barbeques, cakes and brownies also available at advanced request.
15 seconds walk from Sam's Hut you will find the sweeping sandy beach of Arugam Bay, which is approximately 2km long. This section of the beach is wide, peaceful and relaxing, and good for swimming. A ten minute stroll will take you to the main bar and restaurant area, where there are plenty of laid-back beach bars and dining options.
We are here to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We offer a laundry service, and will be pleased to arrange tuk-tuk / scooter / bike hire, assist with local transport, and provide any local knowledge that you need. We look forward to welcoming you to Arugam Bay at our friendly, family-run guesthouse.
1. Children below the age of 10 years are not allowed in the Centre's Guest House.
2. Smoking and Liquor Consumption in any form is strictly prohibited inside the rooms and elsewhere inside the Campus/ off-campus premises.
3. Adhere to the Check-out time: 10 a.m.
4. At least one photo ID card is to be carried at all times.
5. Personal locks are not to be used for locking the doors of the rooms.
6. For cleaning purposes, room keys are to be left with the respective reception desks
(Guest House reception in case of Guest House/ Caretaker/ Security Post if not
cleaned in presence of the user.
7. Care may be taken to see that there is no wastage of water, electricity and other resources.
8. Visitor for guest's residing at Guest House is allowed from 9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. only.
9. Decency in all respect conducive to academic atmosphere should be maintained in the campus.
10. All electrical appliances like fan, light, air-conditioners, geyser etc. should be switched off before leaving the room.
11. While going out after 12 midnight, names should be entered in the Register kept at the Main (website hidden) in any form using gas, oven, heater and hot plate is not allowed inside the room except in transit rooms & suites.
13. Damaging of property or defacing any notice/ poster/ walls etc. of the Centre is illegal.
14. Vehicles of all kinds should be kept/ parked properly in the designated place.
15. Drivers are not allowed for overnight stay in side the Campus.
16. The Guest House closes at 9.30 p.m. One must inform the Guest House reception in
advance for any change of schedule.
17. Valuables should be kept under safe custody. The Centre will not be responsible for
Sam's Hut is in a great location right next to a rock point right handed break that I will call Naundry Point. You do not need a tuk-tuk to drive you to BIG POINT. Surf right in front. A great place to boogie board. 25 meters from the beach on a quiet street. The place was clean and Sam was very accommodating. The children loved the sandy area in front of the room to play in. All of the staff were very friendly with the children.
Clean huts, nice host, close to the beach (but without view of beach or sea). Ceiling fan was loud, but Sam helped us a lot by providing a replacement so we could sleep well next night. He's a nice and caring host.
Breakfast was uninspired and very basic, but it's included in the room price.
All in all not a bad place to stay, but I think for 75 USD it's a little overpriced. 40-50 USD would be okay.
Running our family guesthouse business to a high standard is very important to me, and I will go out of my way to make your time at Sam's Hut in Arugam Bay as enjoyable as possible. In order to do this, I ensure that there is always at least one member of staff on site to cater for your every need. This also means that our rooms are safe and secure. I try to make your stay as easy and convenient as possible, by meeting any requirements you have and sharing my extensive local knowledge.
In the future, I hope to continue to expand upon our business to support my family, while funding a degree in Bio-medical Sciences in Colombo.