About this listing
Our six quiet, clean and well-maintained cabanas surround a quiet, pleasant garden with shady seating areas. Located at the quieter end of Arugam Bay, each room offers a double bed, en-suite bathroom (warm water available in the cooler evenings) and wifi. The site is safe, secure and well-lit, and there are always staff available.
A wide variety of options are offered for your breakfast (inclusive in room price), eg. tea, coffee, fresh juices, toasties, omlettes, pancakes, etc. All is freshly prepared. Food can also be ordered throughout the day, with fresh fish barbeques, cakes and brownies also available at advanced request.
15 seconds walk from Sam's Hut you will find the sweeping sandy beach of Arugam Bay, which is approximately 2km long. This section of the beach is wide, peaceful and relaxing, and good for swimming. A ten minute stroll will take you to the main bar and restaurant area, where there are plenty of laid-back beach bars and dining options.
We are here to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We offer a laundry service, and will be pleased to arrange tuk-tuk / scooter / bike hire, assist with local transport, and provide any local knowledge that you need. We look forward to welcoming you to Arugam Bay at our friendly, family-run guesthouse.
1. Children below the age of 10 years are not allowed in the Centre's Guest House.
2. Smoking and Liquor Consumption in any form is strictly prohibited inside the rooms and elsewhere inside the Campus/ off-campus premises.
3. Adhere to the Check-out time: 10 a.m.
4. At least one photo ID card is to be carried at all times.
5. Personal locks are not to be used for locking the doors of the rooms.
6. For cleaning purposes, room keys are to be left with the respective reception desks
(Guest House reception in case of Guest House/ Caretaker/ Security Post if not
cleaned in presence of the user.
7. Care may be taken to see that there is no wastage of water, electricity and other resources.
8. Visitor for guest's residing at Guest House is allowed from 9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. only.
9. Decency in all respect conducive to academic atmosphere should be maintained in the campus.
10. All electrical appliances like fan, light, air-conditioners, geyser etc. should be switched off before leaving the room.
11. While going out after 12 midnight, names should be entered in the Register kept at the Main Gate.
12. Cooking in any form using gas, oven, heater and hot plate is not allowed inside the room except in transit rooms & suites.
13. Damaging of property or defacing any notice/ poster/ walls etc. of the Centre is illegal.
14. Vehicles of all kinds should be kept/ parked properly in the designated place.
15. Drivers are not allowed for overnight stay in side the Campus.
16. The Guest House closes at 9.30 p.m. One must inform the Guest House reception in
advance for any change of schedule.
17. Valuables should be kept under safe custody. The Centre will not be responsible for