About this listing
Great room in welcoming suite for one person. Fantastic, convenient Neighborhood, with bus one block off, and awesome company.
Perfect for an international student or someone in need of a room/office with access to the kitchen and LR! Comfortable Hotel-quality Bed in private room, with desk and 2 chests, on the ground floor suite of a house, on Sunrise Hastings, one of the hippest Vancouver neighborhoods, 4 blocks from the commercial area of East Village on Sunrise Hastings, which is rapidly evolving as a brewery district. Sunrise Hastings is a family-friendly, Italian-established neighborhood with an abundance of eats, delis, shops, and parks, less than 10 minutes from downtown.
- Quiet, secure home in a safe neighborhood, overlooking the back garden.
- Private entrance to the suite from the back garden, with 3 bedrooms.
- Shared kitchen, Living Room, Bathroom.
- Washer/Dryer included.
- Bedroom with queen size bed available for $650/month.
- Full kitchen with cookware.
- Fully furnished with style. Comfortable hotel-style bed sheets and down comforters.
- Lots of parking on the street: it's a corner house.
- High Speed WIFI
- Electric thermostat in room and woodstove in LR.
- Bus stop 1 block away - goes direct downtown.
- Full amenities 4 blocks away South on Hastings: meat shops, great grocery store and pharmacy, delis, eats, bakeries, banks; and 4 blocks away East from what is rapidly evolving as the Brewery District.
- 7-10 minutes to downtown.
- 5 minutes to Commercial Drive area.
- 3 mn to 2nd narrow Bridge and highway by car.
- single occupation only
Washer/Dryer, kitchen, Living Room, TV, Wifi, Cable.
Interaction with Guests
This is the owner's room. She'll be away in Mexico. There are 3 of us, quiet and cultured people who like to hang out for meals or evening discussions, although we're very busy people and we spend a lot of time on our computer or outside the home. Daniele works evening shift and sleeps in the morning, but you can't hear him coming at night as he's very quiet. We try to be quiet in the morning, but he's a hard sleeper, so not too worry if we make noise by accident.
It's a great neighborhood that keeps on getting better and better, with new restaurants, cafes, and shops popping up regularly in the heart of East Village. Young families are moving in, and there are lots of parks, nicely treed streets. Everything you need at walking distance.
Bus stop 1 block away takes you downtown in 15-20 minutes. Lots of parking on the street. It takes 7 mn to go downtown by car, and we're right next to the highway, the 2nd narrows bridge.
Other Things to Note
Not adequate for people 5'11" or taller as ceiling lower than 7' and a structural beam along the whole suite at 5'11". Sorry!
At this point, we cannot accommodate couples - 1 person only.
- No illegal substances or parties
- This is a non-SMOKING house. Smoking 3m away from door outside.
- Clean the kitchen after you cook/eat.
- Clean the bath after use.
- Please be quiet after 10:00 pm and be mindful of our nightshift roommate who sleeps in the morning. It's a very quiet house.
- No moving of furniture, appliances, and decor in the house
- Please clean up your room after stay, including putting your bedsheets in the laundry and replacing them with the ones provided or put them folded on the bed on the day of your departure, and the $80 cleaning charge will be refunded to you.
- Lost keys get charged $10
- No extra guests unless previously agreed with owner.
- Any costs due to damage, broken or missing items will be charged.
- Guests are responsible for cleaning after themselves and participate in cleaning common areas.
Excelente. La habitación muy linda, tiene todas las comodidades, se duerme muy bien en la cama doble.
La casa está ubicada en un barrio tranquilo, con mucha naturaleza, a sólo 15min del centro en autobús. Además tiene todas las comodidas. ¡Me encantó!
Martine es muy servicial, práctica, de muy fácil convivencia. Puedes contar con ella para lo que necesites.
Super recomiendo a Martine si uno desea tener una agradable estadía en la hermosa Vancouver.
Martine was just wonderful. Here are only some reasons why:
When I arrived at her house in Vancouver she drew me a map of the best shops and restaurants in the neighbourhood. She even took me to local hidden clothing stores.
And her house is just beautiful furnited with tasteful and detailed decor. Here you can have both privacy and also the opportunity to socialize. It was so nice to chat with Martine and the international student from Italy who has been living there for a longer time. (By the way he made the best Tiramisu I've ever eaten!)
I truly hope to stay there again! Thanks for all your help and wonderful six weeks.
Martine was very helpful and accommodating on short notice. Her place is very comfortable and in a convenient location situated within Hastings-Sunrise.
Martine was a fabulous host! She even stayed up past midnight because my train was delayed and ordered me any early morning taxi for my departure. Lovely room, comfortable bed and very friendly dog. Easy to get downtown by bus and shops & restaurants just a short walk away. Martine was also great with suggestions.
This host has 16 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Martine
Originally from rural Quebec (1 1/2 hour from Quebec City), I share my time between Vancouver, Savary Island and Guanajuato. I'm an Artist Painter/Scenic Painter, with a love for music, decorating, and good food. During my travels, I found that a home away from home was important, and that's what I want to provide for people. I have a daughter in her 20's and her and I shared custody of a very loving MinPin Chihuahua, until they both moved to Montreal. Luckily while in Guanajuato, Basil the dog adopted me. Life is very short. Why not live it! I lived in Germany in my 20's, where my daugher was born, so I understand a certain level of German. And of course, I make my way in Spanish.