The perfect glamping experience for any nature lover looking for a relaxing getaway. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live simply, yet comfortably in the forest? This is as close as it gets. Pursue your favourite outdoor activities during the day and then return to your comfy double bed, steps away from the bonfire.
*Note: Our other listing "Private Bunkie In The Woods (2)" has the same great features and privacy as this Bunkie listing!
This space is a unique one. A place to set up your camp with the comforts of an indoor space and access to a hot shower at your convenience! Roam around our trails, watch animals in their natural habitat, pick wild edible mushrooms and plants in season, or just sit by the fire and relax. You can also explore our sustainable homestead or take a canoe to the lake just a few minutes from the property!
Your Bunkie is surrounded by nature trails on over 200 acres of private land. There is a washroom/ shower building located across from your abode and the nearest lake (Bull Lake) is a 15 minute walk away. The lake has a gravel beach that you can enjoy. If you would like to explore a bit further out, you can rent a canoe from our main house (see "Other Things To Note").
Washroom building, all nature trails, pond, potable water.
Interaction with guests
Please let us know what time you expect to arrive. All of our guests will be greeted at the main house upon arrival and shown to their home base. You can park your car at your Bunkie site. After that, there will be someone on call in the area if you have any questions or are in need of something. Our main house is located a seven minute walk away, through our hobby farm. On weekends there is a two night minimum on bookings.
Other things to note
You can rent a canoe from our main house ($15 for half a day and $25 for a full day - 2 lifejackets and paddles are provided with the rental). The canoe is on wheels and can easily be pulled down to the boat launch area of Bull Lake down the road from the main house.
Split firewood is available for purchase for $7 per bundle.
At your Bunkie site, you can use the fire pit (and grill provided) to cook food or you may instead wish to bring along a portable cook stove for food preparation.
Some additional items you might want to bring with you: Fire starter (or paper), flashlight, bug spray, bug net, GPS unit, camp saw
ADDITIONAL HOUSE RULES
• Please put out your campfire and candles thoroughly before going to bed and before leaving your site.
• Please keep your Bunkie clean and remove your shoes when you are inside.
• Do not cut branches off of any standing trees. We will provide you with a small pile of firewood near your fire pit. Please only use the provided firewood and branches that were already cut by us around the grounds for your fires.
• Please be respectful of all wildlife and other guests who may be around. Be mindful when it comes to noise.
• Do not feed any wild animals and properly store your food containers out of the open. Do not litter and please try to pack out as much garbage as possible.
• Please do not forget to shut off the water when it is not in use.
- We expect our guests to be mindful of their actions and to leave the natural space and wildlife around them undisturbed.
- Excessive noise, large fires, tree cutting, and irresponsible behaviour will not be tolerated.
-Two night minimum on weekends.
We are a hard working family with a passion for sustainable living and the outdoors. We love learning about nature and thoroughly enjoy activities such as gardening, forest farming, hiking, swimming, kayaking, day tripping, bushcrafting, painting, and photography. Spending time in a pristine, natural environment can truly do wonders for the soul. We have experienced this firsthand and are confident that our guests will too!
To learn more about our property and upcoming projects look us up at Eco Acres Farm!