About this listing
Rest, revive, relax and escape to this beautifully restored heritage listed cottage c.1857, overlooking historic Hobart. Cosy, elegant and packed with great local art. All the luxe touches. Harbour views, nbn wifi, robes, alfresco dining. Walk to all
The Hobart Art House is a fully restored heritage listed home set in inner Hobart's idyllic historic streetscape. Overlooking Hobart and the River Derwent it is a true home away from home with an arty edge. Walk everywhere. Private courtyard. Water views. Complimentary guest WiFi.
- Fully restored historic home with modern comforts
- Two luxurious bedrooms. One stunning Queen, Two XL singles or King (please request).
- Luxury linens. Bathrobes.
- Overflow single bed in study
- Gas heating
- Modern kitchen, gas and (website hidden)
- Dishwasher, microwave, capsule coffee,
- Elegant dining room
- Separate lounge overlooking city
- Modern bathroom, huge walk in shower
- Portacot, highchair, linen, toys, books for kids
- Original fine art
- Private sandstone courtyard dining
- Fresh fruit, coffee, tea, pantry essentials
- Laundry, ironing, hairdryer, toiletries
- Selection of fresh Tasmanian produce, wine, whiskey upon arrival - additional cost - please enquire
- Marquis of Hastings Hotel and bottleshop - 2 mins
- Acclaimed Pigeon Hole Cafe - 3 mins
- IGA Supermarket - 3 mins
- Hobart's best Italian Paesano's Restaurant - 4 mins
- Luxury homewares - 4 mins
- Bruny Island Oyster Bar - 7 mins
- New Hill Street Grocer - 15 mins
- MONA, take the ferry from town or 15 mins drive - closed Tuesdays
WITH THE KIDS:
- Salamanca Market - Saturdays - 20 mins
- Great park over from Pigeon Hole Cafe - 3 mins
- Amazing train park - 5 mins
- Explore the Hobart Rivulet Linear Park - 10 mins
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery - 15 mins
- Skate park - 10 mins
CLOSE TO HISTORY
- Cascade Female Factory Historic Site - 15 mins
- Cascade Brewery Est 1824 Tour - 20 mins
- Mawson's Huts Replica Museum - 15 mins
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery - 15 mins
- Hobart Penitentiary Chapel Historic Site - 20 mins
BACK TO NATURE:
- Knocklofty Nature Reserve - walk, ride
- Hobart Rivulet Linear Park
- Explore Mt Wellington - guided walks upon request
- River Derwent. Variety of boat and yacht tours
- Fabulous CBD restaurants are only a short walk, as are bars and numerous other cafes.
- Walk to historic Salamanca and Battery Point. (20 mins)
- North Hobart's restaurants, bars, cinemas, art galleries and bookshops (20 mins walk, 5 mins drive)
- From 2016 we will be offering plein aire landscaping day trips - please enquire
Please ask if you'd like some local advice on anything at all. We are here to help.
We offer the home in a clean and tidy manner We hope our guests will return the favour.
The two bedroom heritage home will be yours to enjoy in peace and privacy. You will be sent a code to gain access to keys. Free wifi pasword in guidebook.
Interaction with Guests
We are here to help you make the most of your tie in Tassie. If you love your privacy we're happy to leave you to it. Alternatively if you'd like a bit of direction, just let us know and we're happy to meet up. We are happy to help arrange a range of tours and experiences which will show you the best Hobart and its surrounds has to offer. Art workshops and tours, guided bush walks, food, vineyard, brewery, distillery tours - please ask.
CBD/ West Hobart is a great inner city location with great cafes and restaurants on the doorstep. A short stroll to Salamanca and the historic Battery Point precinct.
Bus route to and from CBD. 10 mins walk to CBD, 20 mins to Salamanca and historic Battery Point.
Other Things to Note
Availability: 3 night minimum
please note from 20 Dec 2015 - 3 Jan 2016 : 7 night minimum stay
Please no pets, parties, smoking or jumping on the furniture. Please be repectful of our neighbours with consideration to noise.
Please turn off the lights and heating when not in use. Mostly enjoy your stay!
From Dec 20, 2015 - Jan 03, 2016 the minimum stay is 7 nights.
About the Host, Skye
Welcome to the Hobart Art House! I'm an artist and mother living and working in Hobart. I love hosting guests and helping you make the most of your stay in Hobart. In my spare time I love coastal walks with the family and our doggies. Music, food and friends. Hobart is a perfect and special place.
I've included everything to make a great landing pad and home away from home and have fitted out the house so you and your friends will have a comfortable and pleasurable stay.