About this listing
Home away from home! Hobart on your doorstep. Amazing historic home set in idyllic street overlooking city and river. Private stone courtyard. Beautiful decor. Chef's kitchen. Free NBN wifi.
The Hobart Art House is a fully restored heritage listed home set in inner Hobart's idyllic historic streetscape. Overlooking Hobart and the River Derwent it is a true home away from home with an arty edge. Walk everywhere. Private courtyard. Water views. Complimentary guest WiFi.
- Fully restored historic home with modern comforts
- Two luxurious bedrooms. One stunning Queen, Two XL singles or King (please request).
- Luxury linens. Bathrobes.
- Overflow single bed in study
- Gas heating
- Modern kitchen, gas and (website hidden)
- Dishwasher, microwave, capsule coffee,
- Elegant dining room
- Separate lounge overlooking city
- Modern bathroom, huge walk in shower
- Portacot, highchair, linen, toys, books for kids
- Original fine art
- Private sandstone courtyard dining
- Fresh fruit, coffee, tea, pantry essentials
- Laundry, ironing, hairdryer, toiletries
- Selection of fresh Tasmanian produce, wine, whiskey upon arrival - additional cost - please enquire
- Marquis of Hastings Hotel and bottleshop - 2 mins
- Acclaimed Pigeon Hole Cafe - 3 mins
- IGA Supermarket - 3 mins
- Hobart's best Italian Paesano's Restaurant - 4 mins
- Luxury homewares - 4 mins
- Bruny Island Oyster Bar - 7 mins
- New Hill Street Grocer - 15 mins
- MONA, take the ferry from town or 15 mins drive - closed Tuesdays
WITH THE KIDS:
- Salamanca Market - Saturdays - 20 mins
- Great park over from Pigeon Hole Cafe - 3 mins
- Amazing train park - 5 mins
- Explore the Hobart Rivulet Linear Park - 10 mins
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery - 15 mins
- Skate park - 10 mins
CLOSE TO HISTORY
- Cascade Female Factory Historic Site - 15 mins
- Cascade Brewery Est 1824 Tour - 20 mins
- Mawson's Huts Replica Museum - 15 mins
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery - 15 mins
- Hobart Penitentiary Chapel Historic Site - 20 mins
BACK TO NATURE:
- Knocklofty Nature Reserve - walk, ride
- Hobart Rivulet Linear Park
- Explore Mt Wellington - guided walks upon request
- River Derwent. Variety of boat and yacht tours
- Fabulous CBD restaurants are only a short walk, as are bars and numerous other cafes.
- Walk to historic Salamanca and Battery Point. (20 mins)
- North Hobart's restaurants, bars, cinemas, art galleries and bookshops (20 mins walk, 5 mins drive)
- From 2016 we will be offering plein aire landscaping day trips - please enquire
Please ask if you'd like some local advice on anything at all. We are here to help.
We offer the home in a clean and tidy manner We hope our guests will return the favour.
The two bedroom heritage home will be yours to enjoy in peace and privacy. You will be sent a code to gain access to keys. Free wifi pasword in guidebook.
Interaction with Guests
We are here to help you make the most of your tie in Tassie. If you love your privacy we're happy to leave you to it. Alternatively if you'd like a bit of direction, just let us know and we're happy to meet up. We are happy to help arrange a range of tours and experiences which will show you the best Hobart and its surrounds has to offer. Art workshops and tours, guided bush walks, food, vineyard, brewery, distillery tours - please ask.
CBD/ West Hobart is a great inner city location with great cafes and restaurants on the doorstep. A short stroll to Salamanca and the historic Battery Point precinct.
Bus route to and from CBD. 10 mins walk to CBD, 20 mins to Salamanca and historic Battery Point.
Other Things to Note
Availability: 3 night minimum
please note from 20 Dec 2015 - 3 Jan 2016 : 7 night minimum stay
Please no pets, parties, smoking or jumping on the furniture. Please be repectful of our neighbours with consideration to noise.
Please turn off the lights and heating when not in use. Mostly enjoy your stay!
From Dec 20, 2015 - Jan 03, 2016 the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Skye extended an immensely warm and accommodating welcome to Hobart Art House with luxe comforts and fine attention to details evident throughout.
Skye was an amazing host! Although our Dark Mofo commitments kept us from meeting up I'd love to stay again and meet her properly. The house is well situated 15 min walk to town and is BEAUTIFULLY decorated and very cosy. Extra kudos for the amazing shower. Thanks Skye!
Skye was such a great host. She was very quick and accommodating in all her responses. She made us feel very welcome and looked after all of us! 4 adults and 3 kids!
We had a fantastic time here. The city and lovely cafes are walking distance from this child friendly but super stylish home. Hobart was cold but we were warm and cosy with great heating. The walk in shower was luxurious. The house had plenty of space for my sister and I and our little kids and Skye made us very welcome. Highly recommended!
We had a very cosy stay. Loved the view and the homely touches. It's just as well it was up a hill...We certainly ate our fair share of Tas produce at near by establishments. Thanks Skye.
Skye was a wonderful host and the house was a delight. Beautiful, comfortable, interesting, great location with lovely views down to the river past classic Hobart houses. Skye and her delightful child took us on a stunning walk along the Rivulet which we would never have found otherwise. All in all, the house and the host made our short Hobart visit really special. Thanks so much, Skye!
The Hobart Art House was a gorgeous two bedroom terrace in a nice area in West Hobart. Tastefully decorated and very well equipped. One of the better equipped air bnb places I have ever stayed in, the bathrobes and aesop toiletries were a luxurious touch and made our stay even more welcome. The kitchen had everything you needed to cook. My three girlfriends and I really enjoyed the house for a perfect 30th birthday celebration in Tassie. The check in was a breeze and the house was ready for us first thing in the morning which allowed us to recharge after a very early morning flight. I must add that there was an issue at the end of the trip (I think there may have been a miscommunication about how many of us were actually staying) but this was sorted out in the end and did not detract from the house itself, which was absolutely lovely.
About the Host, Skye
Hello! We love Hobart and all that it has to offer. My partner and I enjoy hosting people from around the world so you can enjoy the best of Tassie's great food, wine, art and nature. The house is self contained but we are happy to meet up and have a chat about everything thats going on in Hobart.
I've included everything to make a great landing pad and home away from home and have fitted out the house so you and your friends will have a comfortable and pleasurable stay.