This is one of several bedrooms in our large ranch guest house in Napa Valley. We grow grapes and have a winery on our 500 acre property.
Guests of the ranch enjoy the unique experience of waking up in a beautiful and remote vineyard in the eastern hills of Napa Valley.
We serve a wonderful country breakfast each morning. You can walk through the vineyards, hike up the hills or just sit by the pool and enjoy the peaceful and natural surroundings.
The Oaks is a large bedroom with a queen feather bed, hardwood floors and four large windows facing ancient oak trees. The bedroom opens up to a large deck overlooking a lawn, flowers, trees and forest.
The private bath, with tub and shower is detached from the room and is on the hall right outside the bedroom.
The ranch is located approximately 8.5 miles from the Silverado Trail at Rutherford. It is a 20 minute drive to the town of St. Helena.
Why this is property was perfect for me;
1. surrounded by gorgeous nature and wildlife, vineyard and pastures with grazing horses.
2. welcoming, gracious and hospitable hosts Susan & Jim. They are very helpful with recommendations to restaurants, directions and activities.
3. Clean, comfortable and cozy bedroom. The attached private bathroom had amenities; hair dryer, soap, shampoo& conditioner, bubble bath soap, Q Tips and cotton pads.
4. Delicious bountiful breakfast served every morning, varieties of eggs, sausage/bacon, potato, bread, pastries, fruit salad, yoghurt, juice and coffee.
5. Afternoon gatherings around the kitchen (reminds me of my real home) sipping wine from the vineyard eating cheese and crackers, meeting other guest staying at the b&b. For dinner Jim started the BBQ and added wine grape Vine... it was heavenly!!! We brought food and utilized their huge kitchen to prepare dinner.
6. Wine....especially their Zinfandel. Second choice is their Chardonnay. Susan and Jim will share their knowledge of wine, I learned a great deal during my stay.
7. Horse racing memorabilia, watching horses graze in green pastures - just makes me very happy. I enjoyed talking horse with Jim.
8. Close enough to civilization - I never bothered to go visit St. Helena, Napa or Calistoga... I had everything I needed.. They have a pool, hot tub, tennis court and miles of hiking trail/path around their vineyard.
9. They offer wireless internet access if you must.... I was so happy to know that my cell did not get reception in the area. GPS worked so I had to trouble finding the ranch.
I was very exited to come stay and they met every expectations I had of this place. Added bonus is to see the dogs and cats very relaxed around the property, horses well cared for, great people I met and how well I slept on their comfy bed.
I highly recommend this place!!!!
The RustRidge B&B is truly a unique spot in the CA wine country. We had a great time during our short stay and very much anticipate returning as soon as we can. You can craft your stay around many different interests: great wine at the ranch and in the surrounding area, hiking and exploring the Chiles Valley with the ranch as base camp, or a comfy place to stay while vising Napa.
Susan's guest house is located at the peaceful part of the Napa Valley right in the middle of the winery and a horse ranch. Therefore the this place was able to offer everything we wanted for last days of our honeymoon in California. The weather was far more warm than in nearby San Francisco, if you´re looking for the sun! We had wine tastings at Susan's winery (the Chardonnay is just great) and watched the gorgeous racing horses. We stayed at the Poolside Room which was decorated with a lovely combination of horse and native american style. The room had a nice bathroom with a skylight window. This room has also a straight access to the pool where we spend most of our afternoons. As Napa Valley's sun offered its best during the afternoon, we took a dip in the pool to cool down. You may also see some hummingbirds flying around the tree right to the pool. The breakfast offered was just superb with diverse selection of eggs, meat and fresh fruits. This property also offers nice activities such as hiking trails to the hill nearby and a tennis court (currently you might find it a bit worn out but we found it as a great surprise nevertheless). Lake Berryessa is a short drive away where it is possible to rent kayaks, paddle boards or even jet skis. Downtown St. Helena is a 15-20 minutes drive away where we found great restaurant, Tra Vigne to mention as one of the best ones we tried during our honeymoon in California! All in all we enjoyed our stay really well and this was a very good spot to just be and relax fully. The hosts Susan and Jim were extremely social and friendly and gave us all the tips we wanted to have. We can highly recommend for anyone looking for a relaxing or romantic getaway on the countryside!
I thought that Susan's place was very quaint and a nice breather away from the hub-bub of Napa Valley. I thought that the commute was a bit of a bear late at night, but it was well worth the differential in pricing
Tucked away and nowhere near the beaten tourists tracks this B&B offers offers a truly authentic and peaceful Napa-experience! The hosts were super nice and thoughtful and had lots of unique stories to tell and the breakfast was one of the best I had in California - with fresh figs straight out of their garden!
Had a wonderful, relaxing stay at Susan's ranch the night before a triathlon at Lake Berryessa. Highly recommend this place for anyone looking for an escape -- this place is definitely off the grid! The location is beautiful and if you're an animal lover, you'll really enjoy yourself -- we were greeted by Susan's very friendly yellow labs and spent time with the many cats that like to hang out on the front porch of the guest house. Also be sure to take advantage of the gorgeous, enormous kitchen -- great place to prepare a meal. Thank you to Susan for her hospitality and for sharing her beautiful space!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.