Welcome to Barcelona, the city where culture, joy and adventure meet together!!!
First of all, when you arrive to Barcelona, please keep attention to all your personal belongings to avoid pickpockets.
Please let me know about your arriving time some days before your arrival to get ready everything when you check -in.
Barcelona is a magnificant city and full of culture which makes it attractive to visit plenty of very fascinating places and enjoy one of Europe´s most exciting cities.
In order to make your stay perfect we guarantee a top modern recently reformed fully equipped flat
A cozy space with all amenities like equipped modern kitchen utensils, bedding and towels. In the very heart of barcelona ideal for people who want to get the spirit of this vibrating city or get to know the city on foot.
Here some closer description to the flat:
Second floor apartment located in Downtown, just a few feet steps by one of the most historic and famous places of Barcelona. It is 5 minutes walking from Las Ramblas and Macba ( the most magnificant contemporary art museum), 10 minutes from plaza Cataluña, and 15 minutes by walk to the beach. All around there are supermarkets, typical restaurants, public transports (buses and metro L3 green line), bars and historical places.
The apartment has a fully equipped kitchen (refrigerator, washing machine, microwave, oven, toaster, coffee pot, teapot) 2 bedrooms with each a doublebed inside) a bathroom with shower and hairdryer,
This is a nice apartment for couples but also groups of people who like quality accommodation, comfort & privacy.
Before booking, please send me an email introducing yourselves a bit (i.e. who you are, what you do, your purpose of the trip... I don't know, the kind of things you'd like to know from someone that's going to stay in your house). Knowing you better will also help me to give you some advices of what to do and what to see in Barcelona. I'm an expert on exploring cities in an off-the-beaten track mood and I will be happy to help you to discover the real Barcelona! In the meantime you can take a lot at all the sites I've listed in the map!
I look forward to meeting you, I'm sure you won't regret it!
Depending on availability, we offer you a personal airport pick-up service. (Costs 30€)
During your stay, it is a pleasure for me to guide you with any kind of information about the city , the best places to go, museums, best restaurants,bars, clubs, beaches etc.
We promise to do the best for your perfect stay to gave you the best Barcelona-Experience! In our flats you will feel like at your home being geographically in Barcelona- Sounds like the best holidays? You'll be surprised, because it will be your best Barcelona holidays!!
Don´t hesitate to request any kind of information. I´m very happy to respond all kind of question and doubts.
This apartment was excellent despite a few things:
1) There is a roach infestation, but it is relatively under control. Kristian has a sound deterrent in the bathroom, but we saw about 5 small roaches around the trash can and more inside the dishwasher. Many were already dead with shows that he tried to fix the problem. It's an old building, so critters are to be expected. Just make sure you don't leave food around or put perishables in the trash can, and you should be fine.
2) The linens need to be replaced. There is a big stain on the master bedroom comforter. We am washed it, but the stain remained.
3) Kristian is not as flexible about refunds as he claims to be. The policy on AirBnB says that you can receive your money back if you leave early. We arrived a day late and he did not want to refund that day. He explained that he couldn't because he could have rented the day, but this is true for any day, whether it be a late arrival or early departure. We didn't complain, however it would be nice if he could be upfront about his return policy.
5) There are some noisy neighbors downstairs, but this didn't bother us too much. We were too busy hanging out and having fun.
1) The location is worth the stay in itself. It really is in the heart of Barcelona and you can walk to La Rambla which has many night clubs and restaurants. There's a bike shop across from the apartment. (Make sure the shop owner puts the lock keys in your hand and check the bike inventory. He forgot to give me mine and then accused me of losing it! We had to pay for it and was very rude about it.) We walked and rode bikes everywhere.
2) The decor of the apartment is beautiful. The breakfast nook on the balcony was perfect for a candle lit dinner for two. Very romantic.
3) All appliances work in the kitchen.
4) The price for the location is a no brainer.
5) There's plenty of places to buy groceries near by.
6) There is a travelers information center within walking distance.
7) There's a liquor store at the corner.
8) The Association 420 cannabis lounge is within walking distance and friendly to foreigners. They have very flexible hours too.
9) Kristian doesn't hover over you during your stay. He gives you privacy. This isn't garuanteed in all places.
Over all, I would stay here again despite to shortcomings. The total package of the apartment made it worth the price. I would suggest that Kristian get an exterminator to thoroughly go through the apartment. Kristian only communicates through AirBnB chat, which was fine with us. We recommend this place if you are looking for a reasonably priced flat in the heart of Barcelona. It was a great time!
Great apartment & fantastic location. Close to supermarkets, shops etc. Kristian was very helpful in organising a driver for us which was very handy. Great host and great place! Thanks Kristian :)
The worst host!
We arrived at 11am and we asked him to save our baggages and he refused completely. He left on the street with all our luggage until 13pm (because it was the time to check in). Very inconsiderate and unkind. Things like that make us don´t want to use airbnb anymore.
The apartment was full of cockroaches.
We would not return to this apartment and wouldn´t recommend it.
The positives are that the location is nice and the apartment is done up nicely.
The place however has a roach problem, we saw a couple scurrying around late at night despite the roach repellent systems that have been set up. As a host, Kristian wasn't very communicative - he only responds to SMS messages. We did not realize that the check in was at 2 pm - which admittedly is our fault but then when we asked for the ability to drop our bags - he did not respond at all.
Although we had no problem contacting Kristian to make our booking and payment months in advance, our first problem came when we tried to contact him to arrange to meet to get the keys to the apartment. I sent several emails, several days in advance, with details of our arrival, but never got a reply. Finally I asked Airbnb to intervene and then we heard from him the night before our arrival. He sent us a form email that asked for the flight arrival details that I had already sent to him several times.
Then, as requested, I emailed him on the way in from the airport, asking him to meet us at the apartment, as he'd arranged. With only one night in Barcelona, on our way home from a 6 week trip, we didn't want to waste a minute of our time getting out to re-acquaint ourselves with the city. We'd been to Barcelona previously, so were looking forward to our few hours there.
Our driver, arranged by Christian, was very good & took us straight to the apartment. It's in a quiet location, just a short walk from Las Ramblas & the heart of the action.
When we arrived no one was there so the driver called Kristian, who said he'd be there in 5 minutes. Twenty minutes later, a guy rode up on a motorbike. It was not Kristian, however he had the keys & we went to the apartment.
The photos on Airbnb show a modern, clean decor. They must have been taken many years ago. The couch was stained & the furniture worn. The second bedroom had a strange odor. The guy spent 4-5 minutes showing us the apt's instruction booklet & he was obviously anxious to leave. I'd had some problems with mosquitoes in previous cities, so asked if there were any & I was told, " No, only near the beaches."Later that evening we saw a mosquito fly in through window, so we had to sleep with it closed.
After he left, the first cupboard we opened had a can of bug killer.
We expected a few bugs in older European buildings, but actually we saw very few in our 6 weeks. However, there were quite a few cockroaches and other bugs in this apartment, but at least they were small ones. Maybe they needed to use more of the bug killer!
As I've said, the pluses were a central, quiet location, but that's it. We weren't sorry to have to leave the apartmentt the next morning.
Kristian offers city tours on the Airbnb site. Maybe he's too busy with that to care for the apartment, & to greet guests, properly.
I stayed there for 1 night, and it was good
The flat really suited our requirements and found it very comfortable.
It is an ideal location,only 7 minutes walk to La Ramblas with a small supermarket next door a many restaurants nearby.
Awesome location in the heart of BCN! A little loud at night. They were really straight with entering and Check out times, but it was communicated before.
Comfy and clean, recommendable for a short time stay in a beautiful city.
Kristian and his friend were very helpful, with check-in and restoring the lights after a switch blew (a problem out of their control, not a criticism). The apartment is quite comfortable and although you need earplugs for the bedroom closest to the street the location more than makes up for it.
I was however disappointed by the cleanliness of the property. A cleaning fee is apparently charged if the apartment is left dirty, but this is either not enforced or not used to pay for a cleaner - most dishes in the apartment were dirty when we arrived and the dishwasher was full of dirty water from a previous use.
Kristian has organized the transfer for us from the airport to the flat and somebody has already expected us in front of the flat. It has turned everything well and we did not have to wait
We had a great time during our 4 day stay in Barcelona. The apartment was perfect for the 2 of us; close enough to the heart of Barcelona to walk everywhere or go on the Metro. The flat is nice and compact, looks just like the photos. The apartment, especially the larger bedroom was noisy and it maybe a problem if you have a restless sleeper. All in all we felt we had made a great decision when we booked this.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT