About this listing
One of two private bedrooms with KING SIZED BED and PRIVATE BATH. Includes FREE STREET PARKING & BREAKFAST (Other listing is "Lincoln Park - Master Bedroom")
This unit in Chicago’s historic Lincoln Park community.
The bedroom is located on the 2nd floor
You have your own private bathroom 5 steps across the hall from your bedroom
- Fresh Turkish cotton bath & hand towels provided along with soap and shampoo
- 4 cup coffee pot ready to go with fresh coffee (ground daily)
- Floors are steam cleaned after every stay
- Plush King Bed with memory foam topping
- Fresh cut flowers / plants
- Pillow mints / candies upon request
- Lint Roller
- Beach towels
- Blue tooth speaker for use in room or out and about
- Ice Bucket
- Filtered water
- Yoga mats for use on patio or beach upon request
- Picnic Supplies (Blankets, backpacks, wine opener, etc.) to use for picnics at Millenium Park or anywhere else
- 2014 travel books and laminated maps to use while you are here (Condensed electronic version that can be emailed to you for planning activities before your visit)
- If the need arises, the following items are here for you: Alcohol prep swabs / Bandages / Batteries - AA + AAA / Dental Floss / Lens cleaner + cloth / Nail file / Sewing kit / Shaving cream + razor / Q-Tips / Toothpaste / Tweezers / Hand Soap / Aloe vera gel / Sun screen
Breakfast options are:
- Coffee and various teas
- Bagels or Croissants / Cream Cheese / Butter or Butter substitute
- Raisin Bran or Granola with Almond, Soy milk or Cow milk
- Almonds, walnuts, frozen or fresh fruit and flax and chia seeds to add to your yogurt or cereal
- Honey, Jam or Jelly
You also have access to a fully equipped kitchen, including high end Cuisenart and Breville appliances:
- Toaster Oven
- Coffee Machine
- Cappuccino Machine
- Burr Coffee Grinder
- Vitamix Blender
- Brand new smart 40" HDTV in living room
- Access to Netflix and HuluPlus
- DVD player
- PBS videos about the history of Chicago
- In-unit washer/dryer (soap provided)
- Iron, Ironing Board & Garment Steamer
Wifi access throughout the unit
Interaction with Guests
I try to give my guests as much space as I think they want or need
If I am around, I am accessible but not in your space, meaning I am working in my office doing something downstairs while you are upstairs in your bedroom or bathroom.
On the other hand, if you need answers or just want to talk, I always enjoy this part of the host experience.
I try to let the guest set the pace when it comes to how much interaction we have.
Just north of Old Town, the tree-lined streets & stately mansions of Lincoln Park are tailor made for scenic walks.
Oz park, Lincoln Park Zoo & Lincoln Park Conservatory, Second City, Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, Chicago History Museum: all a 5 - 10 minute walk away
Lakefront / North Ave Beach: 5 minute walk past the zoo (where you can practice yoga, rent bikes, grab a bite to eat or just hang out)
There are over 18 miles of lakefront paths to enjoy, venturing north or south. The beach by my condo hosts volleyball, sand tennis, stand up paddle boarding, an outdoor restaurant, and (of course!) ice cream.
I am a 10 - 15 minute walk away from the DePaul campus.
Farmers Markets: Every Saturday during the summer you can walk to two farmers markets both 5 minutes away. One of these is the famous Green City Farmers Market and is open every Wednesday and Saturday morning between May and October.
Oz Park: 5 minutes (one of the coolest parks you will see in Chicago and great for running, sun bathing, tennis and general sports)
Wells Street: 15 minute walk (for drinks, dinner or comedy at Second City Comedy Improv or Zanies Comedy Club)
Armitage Ave & Halsted Street: This is a 10 min walk and is one of Chicago's more popular boutique shopping areas
CVS Drug Store and Carnival Groceries: 1 minute walk
Clark Street is also a 5 minute walk with additional places to eat & shop
You can also click on the "Guidebook Globe" located in the top right corner of the homepage to see some of my favorite restaurants and other places to visit
ONCE YOU ARE HERE:
*** You do not need a car unless you need to drive to the suburbs ***
- Rechargeable CTA CARDS ($5 value) that you can use while you are here.
BIKE STATIONS - Chicago has 4,760 bikes and 476 stations across the city, two of which are a block from my house.
The new Divvy bikes are a fun way to get around. You pay $7 for 24 hours of bike rentals, 1/2 an hour at a time. You can pick up at one place and drop them off somewhere else. For instance you could pick up bikes near my apartment, bike to the el and drop the bikes off then proceed downtown to the museums then pick up more bikes downtown if you feel like it and ride around for a bit then drop them off again or ride them all the way back home. Chicago is totally flat so biking is easy even if you are not particularly athletic and there are lots of streets with designated bike lanes
Buses and trains are a 1 - 15 minute walk from the apartment (train ride downtown is then only a 10 minute ride)
Cabs: No more than a moments wait to flag a cab directly out front of my place day and night
If you are driving there is easy parking on streets surrounding condo.
Give me a heads up en route as to when you expect to arrive, and when you get close give me a call and I will explain where you can park to unload and pick up some free parking stickers or leave some out for you to pick up if I am not here.
FLYING OR TAKING A BUS HERE
Airbnb mails out detailed instructions (that I supplied them with) on how to get here from O’Hare and Midway airport as well as the the train station.
Other Things to Note
In order to get you off and running (as well as save you some $) I have purchased:
- LAMINATED STREET MAPS of downtown Chicago as well as a wallet size Chicago bus and train map
- TWO TOP RATED TRAVEL GUIDES - Lonely Planet & Top 10 Chicago
- Rechargeable CTA CARDS that you can use while you are here.
SECOND BEDROOM NOW AVAILABLE - I now have a second bedroom listed in the same condo as "Lincoln Park - Master Bedroom" in case the availability here does not work for you.
AIR MATTRESSES - I have air mattresses for additional sleeping capability - please inquire if needed.
- LATE CHECK OUT - You can always leave bags here until you leave for the airport
- FORGOTTEN ITEMS - I will mail things back to you that you leave behind as long as you pay for it
REQUESTS TO STAY FOR ONE NIGHT - Going forward requests for 1 night stays might be declined if they are for too far in advance since they often make it harder to book nights surrounding the request.
READ ALL THE LISTING INFORMATION - I expect you to read all information listed including the House Rules and Manual. This is a required part of agreeing to stay here.
No smoking, pets or street shoes inside apartment
Adults only & no guests ( unless there is prior written approval )
ID at time of arrival
Check in time is flexible but would like to know the your time of arrival within about 30 minutes at least 2 days in advance (as well as if you are arriving here after 10 pm)
Please notify me as soon as possible if you will be arriving more than 15 minutes earlier or later that the agreed upon time so I can adjust my schedule accordingly and / or so we can figure out another time to meet.
You are welcome to leave your bags on the first floor after you check out of your room if you have a later flight out
If you are flying into Chicago please provide your flight information to me so I can check with the airlines in case there is a flight delay and you do not have time (or forget) to let me know before departure
It is best to contact me through the airbnb website most of the time so I have an organized history of our communication. If needed you can always call or text my cell as well.