About This Listing
This backyard guest house is a charming mini version of its larger craftsman front home. Surrounded by greenery, brick patio and boasting walls of windows, this delightful studio in a quiet Venice neighborhood offers peaceful respite without seclusion from the excitement of the area. Hop on a bike and in 5 minutes you will be on trendy Abbott Kinney Blvd.; in 5 more minutes you can be basking in the sun on world famous Venice Beach. Shopping, incredible eateries and water sports for all ages are just minutes away!
Darling 400 square foot guest house, Our custom built kitchen has butcher block countertops and is equipped with a Viking cook top, small frig, microwave, French coffee press, plates, cups, silverware and some things to be able to cook with.
It continues to a butcher block table with stools to sit and eat.
Living space is an old Prison bed that we mounted to the wall and have turned into a couch, glass coffee table and extra chairs to hang out and have a glass of wine or step outside to a small brick patio and enjoy the fresh air.
Queen size bed, with 400 count sheets and a down duvet, small closet with additional drawers for your clothes.
The bathroom has an indoor toilet and a few steps away is an enclosed outside shower that is absolute heaven. It is engulfed in trumpet vines and creeping fig.. It is the best shower in the house.
Mini-Me is also equipped with cable TV and Wi-Fi.
MINI ME is also available for filming, flat rate is $1500
Information will be given once its booked.
We are located on the east side of Lincoln blvd where parking is a breeze. It's a very quiet and relaxing area.
If you have rented a car, we have plenty of street parking, we also offer 2 bikes with the rental. There is lots of public transpiration or we have UBER ( a car service app that you can put on your phone)
Other Things to Note
This is a guest house, located in OUR backyard. We have a beautiful home and a beautiful backyard and deck which use quite often (who wouldn't?). Mini Me is set back in the yard and we are respective of our guest and their privacy.
No smoking. No pets. No large, loud or late parties; small gatherings may be OK with permission. Be considerate of neighbors.
Rule #1: Enjoy yourselves!
In accordance with this rental agreement, the RESIDENT agrees to the following conditions:
1. The RESIDENT agrees there will be NO SMOKING on the premises. If there is any smoking damage, including odors, or cigarette butts left anywhere on the premises or street, or if the neighbors are disturbed RESIDENT risks losing some or all of his/her deposit.
2. The RESIDENT agrees to maintain the PREMISES in a clean, orderly, and lawful manner.
3. Upon vacating the PREMISES, the RESIDENT agrees to leave the PREMISES clean and as upon arrival, with the exception of leaving used towels and linens on the floor.
4. The RESIDENT agrees to use their best effort to turn off the lights and appliances when not in use.
5. The RESIDENT agrees to vacate the PREMISES by 11 AM on the check out day. RESIDENT continue to occupy the PREMISES after this time without written approval of the OWNER or HIS MANAGER, RESIDENT agrees to pay additional rent at the OWNER'S discretion. Should it be necessary to legally evict the RESIDENT, the RESIDENT agrees to pay all costs related to the eviction in addition to the above hourly rent.
6. The RESIDENT agrees to occupy the premises in quiet consideration of the neighbors.
7. The RESIDENT agrees to make no alteration to the PREMISES without the OWNER’S written permission.
8. The RESIDENT agrees to pay the full cost to repair any damage caused by the RESIDENT and his or her family and guests.
9.The RESIDENT agrees to pay the replacement cost equal to the retail value of any missing household items, including linens, cookware, furniture, and audio-video equipment.
10. The RESIDENT agrees not to keep any animals on the PREMISES without written approval of the OWNER OR HER MANAGER.
11. The RESIDENT agrees not to sublet any portion of the PREMISES.
12. The RESIDENT agrees that the number of people occupying the residence shall not exceed 2 unless otherwise arranged.
13. The OWNER or HIS MANAGER shall have the right to enter and inspect the PREMISES at any time if they suspect an emergency. Otherwise, 24 hour notice will be given.
14. The OWNER is not responsible for any accidents, injury or death resulting from use of the provided bicycles and RESIDENT(s) agree to use bicycles entirely at his or her own risk.
15. The OWNER is not responsible for any illness or accidents of any kind that occur during the stay anywhere on the property of the above address.
16. The RESIDENT agrees to clean all dishes used.
17. All utilities, cable and wireless internet are paid by the OWNER, unless otherwise agreed.
18. The RESIDENT agrees to park in consideration of neighbors.
19. The OWNER is not liable for the RESIDENT’S personal property.
20. NO filming for anything other than your personal use unless previously arrange with owners.
Susan and Kevin's space was a dream. They were extremely punctual and gave clear simple instructions allowing us into their guest home with wonderful courtesy and privacy. The home was pristine and beautifully kept. A private paradise in Venice. Highly recommended and we would love to make a return trip!
Craftsman Mini-Me is just as pretty as its pictures - maybe even more so! Kind of like being in your very own Anthropologie. My daughter said it felt like we were living in a Tumblr - the cool kids should understand that. The weather was so nice and it was lovely to just lay in the sun on the little patio area. The bed is super comfy. The bathroom area is just magical.
This place was everything my girlfriend and I hoped it would be and more. One of the most unique and awesome places I've ever stayed. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the whole space is so wonderful I'd move in permanently if I could! Also, showering surrounded by ivy with the California sky above is a great way to start the day. Kevin and Susan were very nice and helpful and super easy to interact with. Highly recommend staying here!
I met Kevin briefly and wished I had met Susan--the house is adorable and I love the little touches that made the place so user friendly. The kitchen has a lovely Viking cook top that is placed for TALL people (love it!), and the bed was very comfy. The outdoor shower was very Costa Rican, but being this close to the sea, it was a bit chilly for me to try out. My husband, the outsdoors man, was grateful for the hot water. The space is great for 1-2 people who dont mind a little up close mother nature (the ivy grows inside the walls) and I loved the relaxing vibe of entire space. Only wish the neighbors tree-trimming hadnt ruined the following morning--lots of limbs landing on the tin roof above our heads. Also, the Abbott Kinney neighborhood is within walkiing distance.
I don't want to write a good review for Mini-me because I want it to be available every time I go to LA! But I have to write a good review, because it's not just good, it's sublime. It's even more charming than the photos lead you to believe, as it's the epitome of indoor/outdoor rustic charm. As other reviewers have pointed out, every little detail has been beautifully thought out ... everything just fits. Don't want a few leaves in your (outdoor) bathroom sink? Want to walk to Abbot Kinney or the beach? Then it's not for you, but then you'll be missing out on the most inviting, comfortable bed, an adorable, stocked kitchen, both an indoor and outdoor sitting area where you can sip your morning coffee or linger in the afternoon sun, and the most idyllic outdoor shower/bath. Sue and Kevin and esp. Boo the dog were terrific (!) - this is a real Venice gem. Just don't stay there when I want to!
We had an AMAZING time at the Craftsman Mini-me which we discovered through instagram and our first AirBNB experience. The little out house at the back of Kevin & Sue's home is simply gorgeous and we loved every minute. The room is fantastic and were breezy with a cute little patio and impeccably decorated with everything you need. The loo is inside and the shower is outside (open air) which I didn't realise but LOVED. The craftsman mini me has a really natural feel and you'll even have ivy growing up the side of the wall and behind the bed head which was so clever.
The location itself is in a cool little neighbourhood which is super close to Abbot Kinney, we borrowed the bikes which were hugely appreciated and cycled to the beach which was about 7 minutes away. You're really well connected here and can walk and explore to your hearts content. You'll basically want this little house in you're own garden.
The animals were super cute and not intrusive at all, we had the pleasure of meeting a few furry faces.
Sue & Kevin are excellent hosts, incredibly friendly and just a delight.
Spot on guys, we'll be back for sure.
Sara & Barney
It was a beautiful home with a great style and feel to it. The bikes were very handy and we were so close to the boardwalk. The hosts were very nice and the son helped a lot. The space was a perfect size and very comfortable to live in.
About the Host, Kevin & Susan
Thank you for taking the time to look at our listing. My Husband is a contractor and I am a designer/Antique dealer. Together we have created some amazing spaces. We lived in this cute guest house while we completely remodeled our main house. We are now ready to share it with you. My husband is 3rd generation "Venitian" (and has never moved off this block) Together we have 4 children, our youngest (15 years old) is the only one still here. We love animals and have lots of them, but they are not intrusive and wont be in your space unless you want them too. We love family gatherings (and my husband has a HUGE one), the beach and Mexican food...
So many fun things to do and see in our "HOOD", please feel free to ask . Hope to see you soon
Walking distance from our house, great coffee, some pastries and is really a motorcycle shopVenice Boulevard Venice CA 90291
Walking distance from our house, serves breakfast/lunch/dinnerLincoln Blvd Los Angeles CA 90291
Small music venue, has local acts. full bar and foodLincoln Boulevard Venice CA 90291
Cute local Italian restaurant. Good food Call aheadLincoln Boulevard Venice CA 90291
SupermarketLincoln Boulevard CA 90291-3505
PharmacyLincoln Boulevard CA 90291
Wine bar/restaurant.... very hip fun place its a bike ride away.Venice Boulevard Venice CA 90291
Great foodAbbot Kinney Boulevard Venice CA 90291
This is take away, next door to the restaurantAbbot Kinney Boulevard CA 90291
Healthy grocery storeVenice CA 90291
Our favorite local Mexican.Pico Boulevard Santa Monica CA 90405