Spacious very private Room in 3 bedroom apartment, in center of downtown NY by Canal/Essex, Sunny, beautiful room great for short term stays and NY visitors.
Apartment is located 5 min walk from Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge, with beautiful views to east river and Brooklyn. Close to water taxi too. If you're going uptown, Midtown, Brooklyn or Chelsea, that will be quick, because F train is 2 min walk from apartment and JMZ is 5 min walk.
Located in Centre of Downtown NY, it's a best location to explore cool NY scene, restaurants, bars, clubs and art galleries. Please check the guidebook through the neighborhood we created.
Lovely, spacious, quiet suite includes large sitting room, bedroom with full bed, closet, air conditioner, well-appointed shared kitchen. Free w-fi. Clean and comfortable; fresh linens and towels provided. Laundry and dryclean across the street, 24hr bodega around the corner.
Your host is a late-twenties professional.
"nin hao" you are in centre of the largest enclave of Chinese people in the Western hemisphere. Ah Ken is is the first Chinese person credited as having permanently immigrated to Chinatown. Ah Ken was a Cantonese businessman who eventually founded a successful cigar store on Park Row.
Words that could be helpful in the neighbourhood:
nin hao! - Hi! / whasup! // ni hao ma? - How are you? // Zao ān - good morning
Wan'ān - good night //
Ni shì kě'ài de - you are cute
Around the hood
1. Grocery Store: Canal Street / Essex Street is closest corner grocery store, has a selection of fruit, vegetable, snacks and everything you might need for breakfast, opened 10 am - 11pm. With great fresh made juices $3.
2. 24-7 store: if you walk out of the apartment, make a left, on the corner is a 24/7 store deli,
located on Rutgers / Madison corner
3. Laundry/Dry Clean: laundry across the apartment makes same day drop-off, and dry cleaner Rosa’s usually takes 2 days.
4. Sightseeing: if you walk out of the apartment, make a left and keep walking straight, you will get to east river walk way, which is passing under Manhattan Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge, and goes all the way to the Battery Park in South and Harlem in North, with great sights of Brooklyn and the bridges. Walk south to see historic seaport and financial district, or take a water taxi from Pier 11 that will take you up to East River with stops at Dumbo, Williamsburg, Green point, Midtown Manhattan, for just $5. For Water Taxi schedule check: (email hidden).
4. Fish Market: Chinese fish market offers selection of shells, fishes and frogs, depending if you’re just curious to see or adventurous enough to try. Walk into Chinese Fish Market down East Broadway and Market Street.
5. Petisco - Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
189 E Broadway New York, NY 10002, (212) 387-0366
$10 - $20 per person, great, breakfast place, busy during weekend mornings
Opened 8.30 am - 10pm
6. Yunan Kitchen - food of China's Yunnan Province
79 Clinton St New York, NY 10002 / (212) 253-2527
$20 - $25 per person, great, busy during weekend
Opened 5pm - 11pm
7. Mission chinese - Americanized Oriental Food
154 Orchard St New York, NY 10002, (212) 529-8800
$15 - $25 per person, cheap, good, busy during weekend
Opened: 12:00 pm–3:00 pm, 5:30 pm–12:00 am
8. Fat Radish - British hipster restaurant/ dress code
17 Orchard St, (between Canal St & Hester St)
needs reservation on weekend and friday: (212) 300-4053
$35 - $55 per person, great, busy during weekend
Opened: 11:00 am–3:30 pm, 5:30 pm–12:00 am
9. Barrio Chino - Mexican dinner place
253 Broome St, (Btwn Orchard & Ludlow St)
$15 - $35 per person, great, busy during dinner time
Opened: Hours: Fri: 11:30am-2am / Sat&Sun: 10am-2am
10. Katz's Deli - Famous for pastrami
205 E Houston Street
The Romanian specialty was introduced to the United States in a wave of Romanian Jewish immigration from Bessarabia and Romania in the second half of the 19th century, and this Jewish deli has been making sandwiches since the 1888.
11. Clandestino - neighbourhood place
35 Canal St (between Essex and Ludlow)
neighbourhood hang-out with nice selection of vine
and beer, never too crowded
12. Apotheque speak-easy cocktail bar
9 Doyers St New York, NY (phone number hidden)
Very very pricy, extravagant cocktail bar. You can't tell the door if the bouncer isn't standing outside, there should be a password to enter. On weekends there is a table charge, and very busy, weeknights are recommended.
13. Grumpy Caffe - Great Coffee.
13 Essex Street btw. Canal and Hester
small neighbourhood coffee place with bakery, that became famous in TV show Girls work, as a place where everyone who is in-between-jobs worked at.
Maja is very friendly and nice, she was very polite and helpful with all the questions, we enjoyed being with her. The location is close to the metro and you can walk to Downtown (20-30 mins). The apartment is cosy but is closer to economy class. I recommend staying with Maja.
It was a very pleasant stay at NYC. Apartment is nice and comfortable, close to subway (50 m). It is located in ChinaTown, so you can expect rooster waking up every morning :)
I highly recommend.