About This Listing
A home in Lynmore, Rotorua, right beside the famous Redwood Forest providing amazing walking and bike trails suitable for all levels of competition and fitness. Close by is Lake Tarawera, Lake Okareka, 10-15 minutes by car for swimming, picnic and playground areas.
* Sleeps 6 comfortably and room also for 3 extras
* For extras $25 per adult per night and $15 per child per night after two nights these rates are less
* Take a short night stroll into Forest, see the glow-worms
* A closed in patio and area, safe for children/small pet
* Terrace with a barbeque
* A lock-up garage, with room to store valuable bikes etc.
* Great shopping area on the corner of Tarawera and Te Ngae Roads with Fruit and Vege, Superette, Fish and Chips, Bin Inn, Sushi, Burger Fuel, Liquorland, Bakerys, Outdoorsman, Bike Shop, Medical Centre, Pharmacy and Fitness Centre all 5 minutes walk away
* A children's playground 2 minutes walk away
* Many Rotorua tourist attractions close by
* Gate and entry to property is from Tarawera Road
* Plenty of paved parking on property (suitable for 2 to 3 cars or a boat).
Interaction with Guests
Come and enjoy a memorable time in Rotorua.
We stayed here for two nights with our four teenage children. We enjoyed our stay, especially the fireplace as it was midwinter. We also enjoyed the location next to the Redwood forest and not far from shops and amenities and only about a 10 minute drive to the centre of town.
It was plenty big enough for the six of us. Max and Elaine were good hosts. The place has a bit of character and feels like a step back in time. It's not luxurious but we thought it was good value for money and a good place for a family to stay.
A group of us stayed at Redwood Retreat for three nights and had a wonderful time. Elaine greeted us on the day and was extremely welcoming and helpful. The house has three comfortable bedrooms and a nice dining and kitchen area which made preparing meals easy. It was also well-located with just a short drive needed to get to supermarkets and attractions.
I highly recommend staying here if you're looking for a house in Rotorua; you won't regret it!
We were in Rotorua for 3 nights and were pretty busy running around, visiting geysers and spas ... The place is ideally located close to a beautiful forest. We have been welcomed directly by our hosts who are very friendly and very helpful when we needed something. We felt that the flat is a bit old, though everything worked perfectly.
The Redwood Retreat is a 5 star accomodation!
You have the whole house to yourself and it really has everything you could possibly need.
Max and Elaine were so friendly and kind.
Don't look further, this is the perfect place in Rotorua.
we have a great moment in this house, with good and take care of this onwer , if we can give 6 star to live in this house, easy to find the house, located near to main road, i n front of entrance public park.Even though our trip only 3 day 2 night, if we had more time, we think to spend more time in this house.thank for you kindness Mr Max and Elaine
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Max And Elaine
-We are just a happy retired couple who have done a lot of travelling and now ready to settle down. We have worked in England for nearly 12 years, also spent time in Ukraine. Our 3 children are still in England. We live in the semi- attached home to "Redwood Retreat", so may be here to welcome you. We are fond of good music and art, in fact Elaine is an artist. Max loves gardening and is a keen fisherman. We love nature, and our beautiful bush walks: so really the simplicity of "a quiet and peacable life" suites us well.