Ask me anything! Best to host foreign guests for a wedding, conference, team building and best for family stay, group stay in Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City . Charming luxury villa 10 mins to District 1 downtown Saigon and shopping centers #staysaigon
Contemporary French house in a quiet neighbourhood in D2, Saigon, convenient to downtown and Financial District
Charming 7 bedrooms luxury villa in a upscale neighborhood 10 mins to downtown, financial district, shopping centers. Can host up to 25 people
YOUR RENTAL: A contemporary French design with:
- 7 bedrooms with A/C and 6.5 bathrooms (4 bedrooms with private ensuite -bathrooms, 2 bedrooms share 1 bathroom upstairs)
- 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms and 1 lounge area
- Beds: 4 king size, 3 queen size, 4 full size sofa beds and 1 lazy couch
- Wifi internet throughout the house
- Towels, shampoos, soaps, conditioners provided
- Welcome tea, coffee and bottled waters provided on first day
- Filtered water provided in the living room
- TV in the living room
- Kitchen: Microwave, kettle, cooking wares, 2 fridges (28 cu ft downstairs and 200L upstairs)
- Basement: Washer (feel free to wash your clothes) with laundry powder provided
- Water heaters throughout the house (solar powered one so wait 2 minutes before getting in)
- Air conditioners and fans throughout the house
- Basement to park your bikes or one car
- having your foreign guests over to Vietnam wedding, Tet, family reunion
- travelling to Saigon with kids (pls count them as person when you book. But we'll waive cost for baby less 2 years old)
- sending your company team to Vietnam for a deal or conference
- short stay for a film or documentary or celebrity travel in a large group of assistants, helpers and guards
THE AREA: This is a quiet contemporary French Villa in guarded community District 2 next to Saigon river (10 minutes - $4 taxi away from busy downtown Saigon) My neighbours are businessmen/ women, millionaires and expats. Quiet and guarded neighborhood with a semi-private park on the river bank, but perfect for a small private party, meeting, business stay in Saigon. Previously rented out to expats only.
580 square meters, ideal location from financial district, downtown Saigon, only 10 - 12 mins taxi ($3 - $4 USD). Easy access and breath taken view on the drive from downtown Saigon. 10 mins to Spa Authentic, one of the must activities in Saigon by Tripadvisor.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS: (PLEASE SEE MY GUIDEBOOK) 12 mins to restaurants, bars, Opera house, shopping center. Typical Vietnamese living scenes: outside of the guarded community, around the corners. (Food stands, street-side dinning: local beers, Pho - noodle soup) ATM and banking services steps outside the community.
Some distance indications:
- To CBD central - Ham nghi Rd , Nguyen Hue Rd and Bitexco Tower.- only 10 mins taxi $3
- To Dong Khoi Rd -( old Majestic Hotel ) only 10 minx taxi
- To other 5 star hotels further along river ( Legend , Liberty Central ) - 10 minutes taxi
- To Opera house & shopping malls, city Town Hall , Park hayatt Hotel - 10 minutes taxi
- To Ben thanh market - 15 minutes taxi
- To Bach dang ferry terminal - 10 minutes taxi ( to Vung tau beach daily - depart every 30mins )
0. Do you have breakfast or meal upon request?
Yes, we offer Vietnamese food and international food upon request with a very good price from a chef and kitchen team. Good for group lunch or dinner preparation
1. How far is the house from the airport by taxi [25 mins] & how much is the fare? [approximately USD $15, take ONLY official Mai Linh or VinaSun, [or you could get charged up to $100 by rogue driver, and we cannot help you out of this situation]
2. How far is the apartment from the center also by taxi [2.8 km] & how much is the fare? [about USD $3]
3. Our flight takes us to SGN at approximately 24:00 or 1:00 in the morning. Will there be transport/taxi available at that time [Yes, taxis are 24 hours at airport] & how do we get in the house at such an early time? [if check in is before 11pm, we will meet you. After 11pm, you will have a pass code for a lockbox for the key]
4. We plan to go on a day tour of Cu Chi Tunnel or Vung Tau. Do you have any info on this? [yes, you'll have all tourist information on the living room table when you walk in]
5. Our flight back home will be early morning, at 01:00 AM, which means that we will be checking out on the day before. Can we leave our luggage in the loft the whole day, while we wait to go to the airport later for our flight? [of course, you can store your luggage securely with us, and late-check-out is also OK if there's no incoming guest]
6. What's the weather like? [Saigon has 2 seasons: raining from May - Nov, sunny from Dec - Arp). But visit Vietnam confidently any time of the year, each season has its own special fruit, food, an cultural traditions]
7. How do I get a cellphone? You should have a disposable SIM card ($5-$10 for 2 weeks use) for your international unlocked phone. You can pick up SIM card at the airport right next to Citibank ATM. So easiest to get some cash then pick up the SIM card at the same time.
There is a telephone in the house for calling taxi
8. Any request, just drop me a message.
everything in the house
mostly through email and phones
It's one of the most upscale neighborhoods in Saigon. However, the services and food around is much cheaper as it's more residential than touristy
Dial a taxi from the home telephone and the taxi company can locate you directly. Very easy to order taxi
7 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, everything in the house, semi private river bank and a park
Please email me for chef or daily cleaning services!
Interaction with Guests
mostly through email and phones
It's one of the most upscale neighborhoods in Saigon. However, the services and food around is much cheaper as it's more residential than touristy district 1. Best used as house for guests stay over for wedding, conference, team builder in Saigon. Group stay in Saigon
Dial a taxi from the home telephone and the taxi company can locate you directly. Very easy to order taxi. We leave 2 bicycles at home for guests to use
Other Things to Note
Send me an inquiry if you need to ask about planning for your trip to Saigon, especially when you travel in group. Many used our house to host foreign wedding guests or team meeting or startup offsite meeting or family vacation.
TURN OFF all lights and air conditioners in every room when you leave the house.
- Absolutely No Smoking in the house
- No super loud speakers
- No live music (or equivalent of loudness) after midnight
- No unregistered overnight guests
- Children are more than welcomed but no pets at this point.
- Move back all furniture and placements to the exact same spot when we hand you the keys.
- All appliances and decor items will remain at the house. Please DO NOT move decor items around because some of them are fragile. Watch your children to make sure they don't eat or swallow small items or break them.
- Do not tape anything on the wall as it will pull out the paint and you may have to pay for repaint the entire wall (not just touch up because it won't work that way)
- We will come daily to water the plants in the morning of around noon.
The villa is an exceptional experience for our large family. Not only was it well maintained, Maisao has also left several nice touches such as providing very clean towels and bathing toiletries in each washroom. And there are 6 of them!
Maisao has also been a very responsive host, always ready to chip in with help and advice, making the whole trip a great experience.
Location wise the house is away from the main shopping area but Maisao managed to arrange easy transportation and a call is all you need to get to town. She even left cards like those in hotels for the taxi drivers to read in Vietnamese. Very thoughtful service indeed! It cost abt 100k dong for a one way trip to town.
Only complain is the 2 rooms are at the 4th floor, a long climb and lots of exercise! With luggages, this can be a challenge!
All in, a great villa for large families! Great work by Maisao for being a great host!
Maisao was extremely helpful in providing us with a wonderful place to stay and also assisted us with how to get to and from the house each day.
We booked this house to keep all of my relative who had come from different parts of the world for our wedding. Everyone who stayed had nothing but positive reviews and experiences from staying. All rooms and facilities were top notch and the address was easy to find when coming home via taxi. A+++
The listing description was very accurate.
The neighborhood was excellent.
The host was exceptionally nice, responded to (minor) repairs promptly.
The cleaning procedure could be explained somewhat better. For example, what the maid supposed to clean and what else around the house we could ask the maid to clean.
Nice spacious villa for the 14 of us, nicely decorated, clean and fully furnished with all what you need. The hosts welcomed us at our arrival and gave some useful advises on how to get around. A full basket of fruits and water was provided. Plenty of local food in the main street nearby. The city center is at 15-20min by cab. It was ideal for our handball team for the weekend!
Spacious place with lots of hang out places! The host made sure we had enough beds which was nice but the beds were really hard and uncomfortable. Showers were hot and had the perfect amount of pressure. Although there was air conditioning and fans everywhere, be prepared to break a sweat as there are many many flights of stairs! Great communication from the hosts and they were there to fix anything we needed to be fixed.
Maisao and her parents were great hosts. They even welcomed us with a platter of local fruits. The villa was AMAZING! I wish I had more time to spend in the villa. It's so well equipped. Maisao even prepared a Food Guide and handy guides to communicate with the taxi drivers. A big thank you to Maisao for making our stay a pleasant one.
This host has 21 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
World wanderer, currently living in San Francisco most of the time. Born in Hanoi, raised in Saigon, self-taught and schooled in US. I built this house in 2009 with a plan to move back to Vietnam, shipped a container of interior supplies to Vietnam from the US. The house is super airy and quiet, like a resort.
Ladies, enjoy the extra large bathroom and relaxing bubble bath. I usually took one past midnight after clubbing in the city, listening to Frank Sinatra.
My parents also are in the profile pictures are patrolling the house often. My dad is a research professor/diplomat. My mum manages a department at a private university.
City I love: San Francisco, Ha Noi, Saigon, London, Luzern, Barcelona, Bali, Hongkong
I typically have guests as business travelers, expats, celebrities, researchers, professors and dear friends!