About This Listing
Ask me anything! Best to host foreign guests for a wedding, conference, team building and best for family stay, group stay in Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City . Charming luxury villa 10 mins to District 1 downtown Saigon and shopping centers #staysaigon
Contemporary French house in a quiet neighbourhood in D2, Saigon, convenient to downtown and Financial District
Charming 7 bedrooms luxury villa in a upscale neighborhood 10 mins to downtown, financial district, shopping centers. Can host up to 25 people
YOUR RENTAL: A contemporary French design with:
- 7 bedrooms with A/C and 6.5 bathrooms (4 bedrooms with private ensuite -bathrooms, 2 bedrooms share 1 bathroom upstairs)
- 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms and 1 lounge area
- Beds: 4 king size, 3 queen size, 4 full size sofa beds and 1 lazy couch
- Wifi internet throughout the house
- Towels, shampoos, soaps, conditioners provided
- Welcome tea, coffee and bottled waters provided on first day
- Filtered water provided in the living room
- TV in the living room
- Kitchen: Microwave, kettle, cooking wares, 2 fridges (28 cu ft downstairs and 200L upstairs)
- Basement: Washer (feel free to wash your clothes) with laundry powder provided
- Water heaters throughout the house (solar powered one so wait 2 minutes before getting in)
- Air conditioners and fans throughout the house
- Basement to park your bikes or one car
- having your foreign guests over to Vietnam wedding, Tet, family reunion
- travelling to Saigon with kids (pls count them as person when you book. But we'll waive cost for baby less 2 years old)
- sending your company team to Vietnam for a deal or conference
- short stay for a film or documentary or celebrity travel in a large group of assistants, helpers and guards
THE AREA: This is a quiet contemporary French Villa in guarded community District 2 next to Saigon river (10 minutes - $4 taxi away from busy downtown Saigon) My neighbours are businessmen/ women, millionaires and expats. Quiet and guarded neighborhood with a semi-private park on the river bank, but perfect for a small private party, meeting, business stay in Saigon. Previously rented out to expats only.
580 square meters, ideal location from financial district, downtown Saigon, only 10 - 12 mins taxi ($3 - $4 USD). Easy access and breath taken view on the drive from downtown Saigon. 10 mins to Spa Authentic, one of the must activities in Saigon by Tripadvisor.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS: (PLEASE SEE MY GUIDEBOOK) 12 mins to restaurants, bars, Opera house, shopping center. Typical Vietnamese living scenes: outside of the guarded community, around the corners. (Food stands, street-side dinning: local beers, Pho - noodle soup) ATM and banking services steps outside the community.
Some distance indications:
- To CBD central - Ham nghi Rd , Nguyen Hue Rd and Bitexco Tower.- only 10 mins taxi $3
- To Dong Khoi Rd -( old Majestic Hotel ) only 10 minx taxi
- To other 5 star hotels further along river ( Legend , Liberty Central ) - 10 minutes taxi
- To Opera house & shopping malls, city Town Hall , Park hayatt Hotel - 10 minutes taxi
- To Ben thanh market - 15 minutes taxi
- To Bach dang ferry terminal - 10 minutes taxi ( to Vung tau beach daily - depart every 30mins )
0. Do you have breakfast or meal upon request?
Yes, we offer Vietnamese food and international food upon request with a very good price from a chef and kitchen team. Good for group lunch or dinner preparation
1. How far is the house from the airport by taxi [25 mins] & how much is the fare? [approximately USD $15, take ONLY official Mai Linh or VinaSun, [or you could get charged up to $100 by rogue driver, and we cannot help you out of this situation]
2. How far is the apartment from the center also by taxi [2.8 km] & how much is the fare? [about USD $3]
3. Our flight takes us to SGN at approximately 24:00 or 1:00 in the morning. Will there be transport/taxi available at that time [Yes, taxis are 24 hours at airport] & how do we get in the house at such an early time? [if check in is before 11pm, we will meet you. After 11pm, you will have a pass code for a lockbox for the key]
4. We plan to go on a day tour of Cu Chi Tunnel or Vung Tau. Do you have any info on this? [yes, you'll have all tourist information on the living room table when you walk in]
5. Our flight back home will be early morning, at 01:00 AM, which means that we will be checking out on the day before. Can we leave our luggage in the loft the whole day, while we wait to go to the airport later for our flight? [of course, you can store your luggage securely with us, and late-check-out is also OK if there's no incoming guest]
6. What's the weather like? [Saigon has 2 seasons: raining from May - Nov, sunny from Dec - Arp). But visit Vietnam confidently any time of the year, each season has its own special fruit, food, an cultural traditions]
7. How do I get a cellphone? You should have a disposable SIM card ($5-$10 for 2 weeks use) for your international unlocked phone. You can pick up SIM card at the airport right next to Citibank ATM. So easiest to get some cash then pick up the SIM card at the same time.
There is a telephone in the house for calling taxi
8. Any request, just drop me a message.
everything in the house
mostly through email and phones
It's one of the most upscale neighborhoods in Saigon. However, the services and food around is much cheaper as it's more residential than touristy
Dial a taxi from the home telephone and the taxi company can locate you directly. Very easy to order taxi
7 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, everything in the house, semi private river bank and a park
Please email me for chef or daily cleaning services!
Interaction with Guests
mostly through email and phones
It's one of the most upscale neighborhoods in Saigon. However, the services and food around is much cheaper as it's more residential than touristy district 1. Best used as house for guests stay over for wedding, conference, team builder in Saigon. Group stay in Saigon
Dial a taxi from the home telephone and the taxi company can locate you directly. Very easy to order taxi. We leave 2 bicycles at home for guests to use
Other Things to Note
Send me an inquiry if you need to ask about planning for your trip to Saigon, especially when you travel in group. Many used our house to host foreign wedding guests or team meeting or startup offsite meeting or family vacation.
TURN OFF all lights and air conditioners in every room when you leave the house.
- Absolutely No Smoking in the house
- No super loud speakers
- No live music (or equivalent of loudness) after midnight
- No unregistered overnight guests
- Children are more than welcomed but no pets at this point.
- Move back all furniture and placements to the exact same spot when we hand you the keys.
- All appliances and decor items will remain at the house. Please DO NOT move decor items around because some of them are fragile. Watch your children to make sure they don't eat or swallow small items or break them.
- Do not tape anything on the wall as it will pull out the paint and you may have to pay for repaint the entire wall (not just touch up because it won't work that way)
- We will come daily to water the plants in the morning of around noon.
Living area includes open space of kitchen, dining and living rooms. Big groups usually all hang out together here
My group of 13 stayed in Maisao's villa for 4 days. Host allowed us to check in early in the morning as we landed early in the morning.
The villa is located in District 2, which is probably 10min taxi ride away from D1. The place is easy to find and we notice there are security guards outside, just awesome.
Maisao's brother was there to check us in. The villa is really big and I believe it can easily fit 20 people. The pictures say it all. Everything is provided with a fully equipped kitchen and washing machines.
Only thing is it gets a bit tiring for people staying on the 3rd and 4th floors (the apartment is no joke big). It would be perfect if there is an elevator installed.
Host allowed us to check out late since our flight is in the evening. Deeply appreciated. Overall, we all had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend to friends heading over to HCM for holiday.
The villa is an exceptional experience for our large family. Not only was it well maintained, Maisao has also left several nice touches such as providing very clean towels and bathing toiletries in each washroom. And there are 6 of them!
Maisao has also been a very responsive host, always ready to chip in with help and advice, making the whole trip a great experience.
Location wise the house is away from the main shopping area but Maisao managed to arrange easy transportation and a call is all you need to get to town. She even left cards like those in hotels for the taxi drivers to read in Vietnamese. Very thoughtful service indeed! It cost abt 100k dong for a one way trip to town.
Only complain is the 2 rooms are at the 4th floor, a long climb and lots of exercise! With luggages, this can be a challenge!
All in, a great villa for large families! Great work by Maisao for being a great host!
Maisao was extremely helpful in providing us with a wonderful place to stay and also assisted us with how to get to and from the house each day.
We booked this house to keep all of my relative who had come from different parts of the world for our wedding. Everyone who stayed had nothing but positive reviews and experiences from staying. All rooms and facilities were top notch and the address was easy to find when coming home via taxi. A+++
The listing description was very accurate.
The neighborhood was excellent.
The host was exceptionally nice, responded to (minor) repairs promptly.
The cleaning procedure could be explained somewhat better. For example, what the maid supposed to clean and what else around the house we could ask the maid to clean.
Nice spacious villa for the 14 of us, nicely decorated, clean and fully furnished with all what you need. The hosts welcomed us at our arrival and gave some useful advises on how to get around. A full basket of fruits and water was provided. Plenty of local food in the main street nearby. The city center is at 15-20min by cab. It was ideal for our handball team for the weekend!
Spacious place with lots of hang out places! The host made sure we had enough beds which was nice but the beds were really hard and uncomfortable. Showers were hot and had the perfect amount of pressure. Although there was air conditioning and fans everywhere, be prepared to break a sweat as there are many many flights of stairs! Great communication from the hosts and they were there to fix anything we needed to be fixed.
This host has 21 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Maisao
World wanderer, currently living in San Francisco most of the time. Born in Hanoi, raised in Saigon, self-taught and schooled in US. I built this house in 2009 with a plan to move back to Vietnam, shipped a container of interior supplies to Vietnam from the US. The house is super airy and quiet, like a resort.
Ladies, enjoy the extra large bathroom and relaxing bubble bath. I usually took one past midnight after clubbing in the city, listening to Frank Sinatra.
My parents also are in the profile pictures are patrolling the house often. My dad is a research professor/diplomat. My mum manages a department at a private university.
City I love: San Francisco, Ha Noi, Saigon, London, Luzern, Barcelona, Bali, Hongkong
I typically have guests as business travelers, expats, celebrities, researchers, professors and dear friends!
very fast paced food place, people come and go, always crowded so they serve your food quite fast. Order all the normal meals here from breakfast, chicken and beef pho - all Vietnamese daily dishesTrần Não 2 Ho Chi Minh City
Friendly staff, order bo` luc lacTran Nao St Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
Very teenager - type cafe smoothies. They have same stuff like Starbucks blends.Tran Nao St Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
Cheap and good Viet food. banh xeo tom thit (crepe with shrimp and pork and veggies) or banh xeo na^m (crepe with mushroom and veggies) or muc nuong xa te (grilled squid with spicy sauce)Trần Não Ho Chi Minh City
Strangely lamb hotpot is a local favourite. Youll find them here. Im not a fan of lamb but I heard people said its delicious. Order at your own riskTran Nao St Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
decor with woods, good selection of authentic Southern food. Very reasonable price, local scene. Live Vietnamese music sometimes. Make reservation in advance from guidebook on your living room table.Tran Nao St Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
Green ambiance, very close to home. Very reasonable price for food. You can order to do as well. Please be careful with traffic before you cross the street. Phone number is in guide book.
Vietnamese seafood. No English menu but you can look at the picture and order at your own riskTran Nao St Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
Have you heard of Banh Xeo- Vietnamese savory crepe? a very nice place to get banh xeo and other types of soup.Tran Nao St 2 Ho Chi Minh City
Very good vegetarian restaurant, reasonable price. This restaurant is not fancy as it is part of a temple.If you want fancy vegetarian food, go to Hum restaurant in District 1, but expect to pay a lotTrần Não 2 Ho Chi Minh City
famous lamb hotpot among the locals. The restaurant looks very local but expect to order food in Vietnamese.Lương Định Của 2 Ho Chi Minh City
ATM right here. Please dont withdraw too much money (USD $1 = VND 22,000)Tran Nao Street Ho Chi Minh City
Order bun bo hue and all types of banh beo, banh nam. Traditional Hue food (the royal city in the middle of the country)Trần Não Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
decor with woods, good selection of authentic Southern food. Very reasonable price, local scene. Live Vietnamese music sometimes. Make reservation in advance from guidebook on your living room table.Trần Não 2 Ho Chi Minh City
Good coffee shopTran Nao St 2 Ho Chi Minh City
worry about food and cannot eat Vietnamese food (which I doubt it,) you can come here to pick up KFC for yourself or kids.Tran Nao St 2 Ho Chi Minh City
order the fried fish calls ca da bo nuong its delicious and reasonable price.Tran Nao Street Ho Chi Minh City
Fresh cononut juices, little cute cafeĐường 3 Ho Chi Minh City
Very unique cafe shop with lots of precious stones painting, Good drink menu. Friendly and nice staff. Good for business meetingTran Nao St 2 Ho Chi Minh City
Like strange food like snail? Try this in Vietnamese style. Local place, cheapĐường Số 2 2 Ho Chi Minh City
good traditional Vietnamese food, reasonable priceĐường Số 2 2 Ho Chi Minh City
Chic restaurant that serves Bun Bo Hue, a spicy soup base broth with noodle and pork sausage. If you love Korean or Japanese Ramen, this is the fixXuân Thủy 2 Ho Chi Minh City
Around the corner after visit Spa Authentic? You can visit this corner with many restaurants and enjoy Northern pho. very tasty flavour brothXuân Thủy 2 Ho Chi Minh City
Much to say: excellent food. Fans of fine dining must come. Pricey but worth it. Check out the spa next door in the day time, beautiful! $25 for 1 hr massage is cheap. I had a membership here.
Authentic 3 types of duck dishes. Dont try it if you are not adventurous!Lương Định Của 2 Ho Chi Minh City
This is the place to sign deals for Vietnamese business. Youll meet famous business people here. Good food, ok services, very pricy: $12 for a grilled quailLê Thánh Tôn 1 Ho Chi Minh City
Riverfront dining with a weatherproof deck area for the rainy season. New menu by French Executive Chef Thierry Faburel. Good wine list: reasonable price. Weekend BBQs. Pricey but yummy lamb!Ho Chi Minh City
A great airy place to enjoy Australian steak. Enjoy river view. Good for date night, expats gathering. Pricey. Drinks: order wine, NO cocktails. See guidebook on tableNguyễn Ư Dĩ Ho Chi Minh City
Perfect for quick Hanoi lunch before heading back to the houseLê Thánh Tôn 1 Ho Chi Minh City
The city’s most popular Spanish restaurant is also a very popular bar. Live music and DJs appear on Wednesdays and weekends. The rooftop is a good downtown spot for a drink and tapas.Hai Bà Trưng 1 Ho Chi Minh City
You can find expats and live music hereĐông Du 1 Ho Chi Minh City
This is almost the centre of everything you can see in Saigon. Q Bar on the side for gay community, shopping right in front and Dong Khoi (shopping street) in right there. Rooftop bar on Rex hotel!Đồng Khởi Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
Upscale bar spot that would charge $15 USD a drink but youll see the models and actresses typically hanging out hereHo Chi Minh City
Sleek cafe shop - artsy and hippie crowdĐồng Khởi Ho Chi Minh City
Order seafood and specialty dishes. Pricey but great ambiance if you are not fan of street food at all. Credit card accepted. Reservation in advance. See guidebook.Nguyễn Văn Hưởng Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
Fancy dinner place, river view, professional staff, English menu, quite priceyNguyễn Văn Hưởng 2 Ho Chi Minh City
Rooftop bar, beautiful at night, very friendly staff and great wine collection. Its on the same building with Yahoo Vietnam officeHo Chi Minh City
I used to come here to hang out with friends for hours, looking at the park, its nice to see the green after shopping next door at Diamond plazaAlexandre de Rhodes Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
A display of talent, very unusual but something youll see once in your lifetime
take a $2 taxi ride from centre Saigon for a excellent vegetarian meal. Youll never think vegetable is boring anymore. Good price. Its right next to the War Museum so you may as well do the visit.Võ Văn Tần Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
Even the casual historian will question some of the displays in this controversial museum depicting the horrors of the Vietnam conflict, but it’s worth a visit.Võ Văn Tần Ho Chi Minh City
very beautiful cafe shopLê Lai 1 Ho Chi Minh City
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt had dinner here. Authentic Vietnamese food though pricey. Worth a detour ($4 taxi ride from centre) Rustic communist decor.Đặng Tất Hồ Chí Minh
Quite good life music bar, cheap and cool crowd. But full of smoke in there