If you are looking for a private spot with easy access to Mississippi, the MAX and the Alberta Arts district, were your peeps!
Beautifully furnished private room, bathroom and common space with a fireplace inside a mid century 2700 square foot house with a double lot. In the common room, there is a second real bed, full sized that can take two more people. Make yourself at home, & never hesitate to hang out in the living room, use the grill, cook, do a load of laundry, feed the chickens, hang out in one of the hammocks, or ask us about things to do in Portland. While this is a private space, ONLY the room and bathroom are private. The house is shared and this is a room rental. We do not come downstairs often, but it is shared space.
The back yard is a wonderful space you will share with us and our other airbnb guests that has a garden, chickens, a patio with a chiminea, hammock, grill for you to use and our 2 cats and 5 dogs (see pictures above). We have a double lot with plenty of space for you to spread out!
Your private entrance is through the side gate and side door. Located just a few blocks from the oldest rose garden park in the Rose city, it is a great springboard to fun and frolic in Portland.
The room features:
*Cleaned from top to bottom between every reservation, like a hotel.
*FULL sized bed with a down comforter, goose down pillows.
*Soft bath towels
*Empty closet for use
*Additional blankets & pillows available upon request
The house features:
*Clean modern bathroom with hair dryer
*High efficiency washer & dryer
*Kitchen with appliances, all essential cookware, spices & oil
*Great high speed internet access (wi-fi)
*Organic grocery store
*Local pizzeria and bar down the street
*Guaranteed available check-in is 3pm, and 11am check-out
*We are always willing to store luggage for you as needed
Jen and Leah, married with a three and a half year old, Teddy.
Full time graduate student and full time professional.
*Both very easy going, and really enjoy meeting people from across the globe.
**We are very busy with so many things so you will often find us gone all day, but always available via text or call if you should ever need anything.
Transportation and Parking:
*The MAX light-rail is the most efficient option to/from Portland International Airport (PDX), where you take the RED-line MAX from PDX to the Rose Quarter Transit Center, transferring to the YELLOW-line MAX, getting off at Rosa Parks and walking about 10 minutes to our house. It is about a 45 minute trip depending on when you catch the trains.
*The #4 bus will take you wherever you want to go as well and its right outside our door.
*There is plentiful street parking right in front of the house and we can also work something out if you are interested in renting our car.
*We have space to stow your bike safe and secure inside.
*If you don't have bikes, but would like to ride, we can also offer ours for a small fee and we have a trailer if you have children.
If you have dogs, we are open to kind ones, but we ask that they not be left in the room when you are not there without a crate (which we could provide, depending on the size of your dog.
1. If you have a pet, PLEASE be sure it has been treated within the last 30 days with flea treatment!!! This is important, thank you very much for your understanding. Also clean up after pets in yard, as needed.
2. We have awesome neighbors and have never had any difficulties with them with street parking, but as a courtesy to them, we ask that guests please park in our driveway or in front of our house (not in front of neighbor's houses) thank you!!!!
3. Smoking is not allowed on our property. If you are a smoker, you could still stay with us, but please message us so we can have a conversation about it.
4. This is a quiet neighborhood, and we ask that guests respect the peace with no loud music and adhere to quiet hours of 10pm to 8am (or until the chickens wake up).
5. We welcome and encourage guests to utilize our yard, chiminea and grill. However we do request that you refrain from harvesting our gardens.
6. We have very friendly, well-behaved pets. They will be in the yard from time to time during your stay, and we ask that you not allow them in the lower level for the comfort of future guests who may have allergies. They will try to lie to you and tell you they are allowed in, but they are not.
7. People other than those in guest party are not permitted to stay overnight in the property. Please inquire prior to arrival if you have more than two people. There is ample room, but we must prepare.
8. No housekeeping service provided. Towels and linens are provided.
9. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check in.
10. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
11. Please make sure to read the cancellation policy prior to make reservation.
12. IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON BRINGING A PET, PLEASE LET US KNOW IN YOUR INQUIRY.
Our stay went great! The space was cozy and in a really nice area. We loved having a beautiful park right down the street.
I never did get a chance to meet Leah or Jen, but had a nice stay. This was a work trip and initially I struggled to get the WiFi working, but discovered it works very well in the bedroom (just not so well in the "living room" area with the desks). Definitely a nice quiet neighborhood and otherwise easy to get work done.
My stay with Leah and Jen was completely enjoyable. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable and welcome. They even invited me to a cookout they hosted where I had a chance to get to know them a bit and meet several of their lovely friends--including two of their former airbnb guests who are now friends! They are busy people, indeed, with a cute and engaging toddler, a menagerie of animals, a full-time job, and graduate school. However, they found time to answer my questions and generously lent me a bicycle for the annual Bridge Pedal ride. The room was comfortable, clean and advantageously located in the cool basement, a refuge from the summer heat.
This is my first time leaving critical feedback as an Airbnb guest or host, and wish I didn't have to write it. Our arrival was difficult and uncomfortable. Leah (the primary contact) was abroad so no one answered our queries as to keys or check-in protocol. The room is located in the downstairs basement, which is not what is prominently featured in photos. Those photos are mostly of the common spaces, where we did not feel welcomed by Jen (Leah's partner). We need they had pets, but they were a bit more than we thought. It was hard to enter or leave the house without being bothered by the dogs. And even though the animals aren't allowed in the basement, it smelled very much of animals and pet food. Our last night was pretty terrible -- one of the cats seemed to be locked in the garage and spent the whole night (yes, the whole night) clawing at the door and crying.
The location is within walking distance to Mississippi Avenue -- which is a great neighborhood filled with beer gardens, coffee shops, street food trucks, and cute boutiques.
Although this listing is a fair ways out from downtown, when compared to many others, our group had bicycles and enjoyed riding all over Portland everyday. We rode home every night except one. Also, there are a couple really great and bustling neighbourhoods nearby.
Jen was our contact and she was friendly and hospitable in providing us with what we needed. She provided us with bike storage the evening before our stay too.
The suite doesn't look quite like the pics as there was a bit more bric-a-brac, toys, etc. Regardless, this wasn't a big bother as we weren't home much as we were always out exploring instead.
Ce logement est bien placé, fonctionnel et agréable pour les enfants. Nous sommes ravis de notre séjour.
Jen was a great host, very communicative and flexible with the check in/ out process. The space was very clean and well kept, and a great central location for exploring Portland!
This host has 27 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We are fun loving parents of a toddler. We have been told we have big hearts and we like to work on our house and ride our bikes.
Both of us have travelled a lot and love to meet new people. We know Portland very well and are happy to share our secrets, sites and sores with you.
We have a lot of animals, but they won't bother you. We are kind of a Portlandia episode ourselves, but we love it here and plan to stay.
We're lesbians. If it's a problem, this probably isn't the place for you to stay.
We look forward to meeting you!