About this listing
If you are looking for a private spot with easy access to Mississippi, the MAX and the Alberta Arts district, were your peeps!
Beautifully furnished private room, bathroom and common space with a fireplace inside a mid century 2700 square foot house with a double lot. In the common room, there is a second real bed, full sized that can take two more people. Make yourself at home, & never hesitate to hang out in the living room, use the grill, cook, do a load of laundry, feed the chickens, hang out in one of the hammocks, or ask us about things to do in Portland. While this is a private space, ONLY the room and bathroom are private. The house is shared and this is a room rental. We do not come downstairs often, but it is shared space.
The back yard is a wonderful space you will share with us and our other airbnb guests that has a garden, chickens, a patio with a chiminea, hammock, grill for you to use and our 2 cats and 5 dogs (see pictures above). We have a double lot with plenty of space for you to spread out!
Your private entrance is through the side gate and side door. Located just a few blocks from the oldest rose garden park in the Rose city, it is a great springboard to fun and frolic in Portland.
The room features:
*Cleaned from top to bottom between every reservation, like a hotel.
*FULL sized bed with a down comforter, goose down pillows.
*Soft bath towels
*Empty closet for use
*Additional blankets & pillows available upon request
The house features:
*Clean modern bathroom with hair dryer
*High efficiency washer & dryer
*Kitchen with appliances, all essential cookware, spices & oil
*Great high speed internet access (wi-fi)
*Organic grocery store
*Local pizzeria and bar down the street
*Guaranteed available check-in is 3pm, and 11am check-out
*We are always willing to store luggage for you as needed
Jen and Leah, married with a three and a half year old, Teddy.
Full time graduate student and full time professional.
*Both very easy going, and really enjoy meeting people from across the globe.
**We are very busy with so many things so you will often find us gone all day, but always available via text or call if you should ever need anything.
Transportation and Parking:
*The MAX light-rail is the most efficient option to/from Portland International Airport (PDX), where you take the RED-line MAX from PDX to the Rose Quarter Transit Center, transferring to the YELLOW-line MAX, getting off at Rosa Parks and walking about 10 minutes to our house. It is about a 45 minute trip depending on when you catch the trains.
*The #4 bus will take you wherever you want to go as well and its right outside our door.
*There is plentiful street parking right in front of the house and we can also work something out if you are interested in renting our car.
*We have space to stow your bike safe and secure inside.
*If you don't have bikes, but would like to ride, we can also offer ours for a small fee and we have a trailer if you have children.
If you have dogs, we are open to kind ones, but we ask that they not be left in the room when you are not there without a crate (which we could provide, depending on the size of your dog.
1. If you have a pet, PLEASE be sure it has been treated within the last 30 days with flea treatment!!! This is important, thank you very much for your understanding. Also clean up after pets in yard, as needed.
2. We have awesome neighbors and have never had any difficulties with them with street parking, but as a courtesy to them, we ask that guests please park in our driveway or in front of our house (not in front of neighbor's houses) thank you!!!!
3. Smoking is not allowed on our property. If you are a smoker, you could still stay with us, but please message us so we can have a conversation about it.
4. This is a quiet neighborhood, and we ask that guests respect the peace with no loud music and adhere to quiet hours of 10pm to 8am (or until the chickens wake up).
5. We welcome and encourage guests to utilize our yard, chiminea and grill. However we do request that you refrain from harvesting our gardens.
6. We have very friendly, well-behaved pets. They will be in the yard from time to time during your stay, and we ask that you not allow them in the lower level for the comfort of future guests who may have allergies. They will try to lie to you and tell you they are allowed in, but they are not.
7. People other than those in guest party are not permitted to stay overnight in the property. Please inquire prior to arrival if you have more than two people. There is ample room, but we must prepare.
8. No housekeeping service provided. Towels and linens are provided.
9. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check in.
10. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
11. Please make sure to read the cancellation policy prior to make reservation.
12. IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON BRINGING A PET, PLEASE LET US KNOW IN YOUR INQUIRY.