About this listing
* Magnificent house opposite the Kursaal
* Next to the beach Zurriola
* Maximum 9 people
* 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
* A perfect place for your holiday!!
Magnificent home located in one of the best in the city, opposite the Kursaal Congress Centre and next to the beach Zurriola and old city. With unparalleled views, the apartment GROS BEACH offers everything that you could want for your holiday. Space, comfort and location.
This large house has spacious living room, with several spaces that allow you to enjoy the wonderful views. All set for a capacity of 9 people. It has 5 bedrooms, 4 of which are double and single beds and the fifth bedroom has a single bed. The bathrooms have been tastefully renovated. The kitchen has stayed home but with everything you may need during your stay.
Definitely a place to accommodate a group of friends, family reunions or to companies for work, need a private place for their workers in the city.
• Some walking distances and times from the apartment (calculated by (website hidden) maps)
o from train station to apartment: 700 m - 14 min walk
o Old Town: 50 m - 1 min. You will live there!!
o La Concha Beach: 500 m - 5 min
o Zurriola Beach: 500m - 5 min
o Comb of the wind - cable car to Amusement park (amazing views of the city). This is a walk we love to do on sunny weekends: 2,5 Km - 30 min
o Shopping mall + supermarket: 100 m - 1 min
o Cathedral: 800m - 10 min
o Aquarium (3D crystal tunnel to watch the sharks) and town harbour: 600m - 7 min
• Discover why all the inhabitants of this "Pearl of Cantabric Sea" want to live in the town center... The best thing of our town is that it is known for its rest facilities as well as for its leisure ones... you decide, or call us now and we will tailor-make your holiday plans here.
• Sunbath in world famous La Concha Beach. A wonderful bay with a curious and mysterious island you can visit by boat.
• Visit the Old Town with its sandstone old houses and the 1774 baroque roman catholic Santa María Church. Visit 31 de agosto street, the only one that survived the great fire in 1813 when the town was liberated by English and Portuguese troops from French domination.
o In a sq. mile you will enjoy more than 200 bars specialized in Basque Gastronomy. The best Spanish tapas you can find. Meet the birthplace of renowned Basque cook like Juan Mari Arzak, Martin Berasategi or Andoni Aduriz and taste the best food everywhere you look around. Why not take a bus and have dinner in Arzak? 2 Michelin stars will delight you there.
• Close to the town harbor, have a walk and taste fresh seafood in one of the restaurants located there.
• Visit the Aquarium and its gorgeous 360º crystal tube to see the sharks surrounding you.
• Since 1912 the locals take the cable car to go up to Igeldo Mountain and enjoy our romantic amusement park. From up there the views are something you won´t forget in your entire life.
• Want some nightlife? Here pubs close at 3.00 A.M. and if you want some more, we recommend visiting Bataplan or La Perla, 2 discos where you can enjoy the music at the same time you enjoy the views of La Concha Bay.
• Tired? Do not worry... have a visit to La Perla for a Thalasso Tour. After that, you will look for some more action.
• Sporty? Try to surf Zurriola Beach we can manage a surf course for you and your family. Nat Geo´s one of the world´s 20 best surfing towns.
• Try our cider, locally produced. We use to go out for dinner to the cider cellars, where you can taste:
o Codfish omelette
o T-bone steak (we use to eat it nearly raw!)
o Cider on tap, directly drank from the barrel
• Visit the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao, drive along the Basque coast or hire a flight in a Cessna 172 and feel like a bird. Contact us now and tell what kind of dream you want to live.
• Michelin starred restaurants (click to see the full list):
o ** Arzak: Juan Mari Arzak
o ** Akelarre: Pedro Subijana
o *** Berasategui: Martin Berasategui
o ** Mugaritz: Andoni Luis Aduriz
o Cider cellars by bus/ taxi, although there is one in the Old Town, the most typical ones are in a small town nearby called "Astigarraga"
o All the above restaurants are out of town, but a taxi will take you there in a short time.
o Plenty of restaurants all along town with no need for a car. Here Gastronomy is part of our DNA!!
An amazing flat in the old town of San Sebastian, great views and brilliant location!
Nous avons été très chaleureusement reçu par David. L'appartement était encore plus sympa que sur le descriptif. L'emplacement est idéal pour profiter de la plage et de la vielle ville.
Un grand merci car nous avons passé un week end mémorable !
We had a wonderful time at Gros Beach! The apartment is gorgeous and in a perfect location for exploring San Sebastián. Everything you need is on your door step - the beach, restaurants, bars and shops!
Our host was super helpful and welcoming to us and our dog. We look forward to returning at some point.
La estancia en general fue agradable. David nos recibió muy bien y nos dio buenas recomendaciones respecto la tema gastronómico. Además, nos permitió dejar el apartamento algo más tarde de la hora establecida al no tener inquilinos al día siguiente. El apartamento es acorde a las fotos mostradas en la publicación, aunque los cristales de las habitaciones, al ser un piso antiguo, permiten que se oiga bastante el ruido del paseo y del mar, a ratos molesto para dormir. Las vistas, eso sí, una gozada.
Por poner un pero durante nuestra estancia, decir que la caldera de la calefacción estaba estropeada y tuvimos que pasar algo de frío durante la noche. Espero que el propietario pueda arreglarla cuanto antes, porque el piso merece mucho la pena sin este contratiempo.
We (3 families, 6 adults + 4 children) stayed 4 nights In San Sebastian and enjoyed it very much. The aparment was perfect to us, lot of rooms, very well located in the heart of the old town and near the beaches. And the view from the balcony was amazing.
It was easy to arrange everything with David and he was very kind and send us a long list of restaurant recommendations.
The aparment is ideal for big groups or families.
Wonderful apartment, wonderful host. After helping us get settled in, David gave us an amazing tour of San Sebastian... one of the highlights of our trip.
We had such a lovely stay in San Sebastián and our lovely accommodation was definitely a part of it.
Our host David was extremely helpful - both with information before our arrival and during our stay. We arrived very late at night (must have been around midnight) but he came to meet us very happily and even helped us track down the last pinchos bar that was open in the old town!
The apartment was really big and spacious with a lovely communal area which was great for our large group to chill out in between our pinchos sessions! The views are spectacular - 2 of the bedrooms and the lounge / dining room overlook the sea. You can hear the waves crushing on the shoreline. Beautiful!
The kitchen was quite run down in relation to the rest of the decor (the rest of the apartment is beautifully decorated and feels very homely), but given we were in San Sebastián to sample the delicious food we didn't really spend any time in the kitchen after all. Also the 2 bedrooms with the sea view have an adjoining door which was a bit of a surprise at first as you can only access one of the bedrooms either via the adjoining one or via a communal bathroom. A bit of an odd set-up but worked out fine in the end!
The location was perfect. Only a few minutes walk from the old town but with the spectacular sea views and away from the evening buzz. We were also conveniently located across from the new town so we got the best of both worlds.
Overall we had a fantastic time - a big thank you to David for all the good tips he gave us throughout our stay!
This host has 334 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, People Rentals
We are a professional Vacation Rental Manager in San Sebastian, and we love to help our travelers getting the best experience possible when travelling to San Sebastian.
Sandra and David will be in charge of making you take the best out of your stay in San Sebastian, do not hesitate to contact us!!