About this listing
Your Cosy family flat has a convenient location with light breakfast supplies. Relax at the beach or cuddle a koala at the Wildlife Sanctuary. Buses go direct to Gold coast CBD. Theme parks are 40 min drive. 5 mns from International flights. Perfect!
Cosy flat has everything you need. Small kitchenette, laundry, bathroom, lounge, fridge, free internet wifi, pool, bbq area, dvd's, continental breakfast supplies, fresh linen, comfortable beds and friendly hosts.
A cosy 2 room flatette joined to our house but separated by a door to give you privacy.
Your flat has 2 rooms - bedding includes 1 Queen bed and a single bed in one room (with reverse cycle air conditioning for your comfort) and a 3 person bunk in the other (single on top, double on the bottom). We also have a port a cot available if traveling with a baby.
If your group is larger than 6, we can convert the sofa into another double bed. It gets very cosy with 8 guests but for a short stay on a budget, it works.
You have your own entrance via the glorious pool area and an under cover spot to park your car.
There is a small kitchenette in your flat which has tea making facilities, small fridge, microwave, Inverted hot plate, electric frying pan, toaster, small rice cooker, plates, cups and basic first aid. The undercover BBQ area has an easy to use gas BBQ and a patio heater for those fresh winter nights. Remember to turn the gas bottle on!
Light breakfast supplies are provided for you to make your own breakfast. These include bread, cereal, tea/coffee, juice, milk and seasonal fruit.
Fresh linen and towels are also provided and you have use of the washing machine for your personal clothing, (please only use the dryer in extreme rain circumstances, there is a clothes line in the back yard - this is the Aussie way! )
We have an excellent unlimited internet connection available and use of a computer and printer in our main lounge if needed.
Looking forward to meeting you soon.
All outdoor areas including the bbq area and pool and out door clothes line to dry your clothes.
Interaction with Guests
You are welcome to interact with us as much or as little as you like.
The neighborhood of Tugun is friendly and relaxed. Local relaxed things to do include:
- A stroll through the village will find you in many groovy cafe's and tasty restaurants. We have 2 smaller grocery markets and an organic food outlet.
- Two main bus stops St Monica's Church stop and Tugun Shops will have you in Surfers Paradise CBD in 40 mins or shopping at one of the many shopping venues like Pacific Fair, Robina Town Center and Harbor Town.. Check out translink for more details about public transport.
- Enjoyable 5 - 10 min walk to the Currumbin beach and Estuary where you can search for shell treasures in our soft, fine, white sand.
- The Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is also just a short walk and they have free bird feeding every morning from 8am and evening from 4pm.
- Surf at the world famous “The Alley" beach break. Check out the many Learn to surf Currumbin web sites for lessons.
- Hire a kayak, stand up paddle board or go fishing. Check out stand up paddle board hire, Currumbin for more details.
- Walk along Flat Rock Creek through a lovely park to the beach or play in one of the many children's play parks conveniently located through out our beautiful beach park lands.
- Hire a bike and ride the beach front to Famous Kirra beach and Coolangatta.
- Theme parks are approximately 40 min drive from our home via the M1 motorway. Or check out the express bus timetable at the translink web site.
* Public transport is readily available.
The Gold Coast airport is approx 10 minutes south. If we are free we can pick you up or you can grab a taxi for around $20, an Uber for half of that, Surfside Bus or a Shuttle bus to Tugun.
* You want to get off in down town Tugun - Saint Monika's Church bus stop near the Bendigo Bank. A 5 minute walk, heading west and then north up a small hill will find you at our place.
For all public transport information please look up or ring Translink on 131230. The gold coast also offers shuttle services. Remember to grab a GOCARD for cheaper travel in Queensland.
The travel site Rome 2 Rio offers some of the best travel advice around.
We can recommend East Coast Car rentals and Ace car hire for the best rates in vehicle self driven hire.
We are 25 minutes drive from CBD Surfers Paradise, 1 hour drive from Brisbane, 45 minutes drive from Byron Bay. Buses and public transport is approximately double those travelling times.
Other Things to Note
Expect to hear planes, we are close to the airport which is part of our awesome location for international travelers. They run between the hours of 6am and 10 pm.
As we are opening our home to you, we expect your will treat it with respect. Basic world wide house manners and a general respect for the environment and natures beautiful resources is what we like.
* Smoke outside
* Enjoy the sun's energy to dry your clothes. Please do not use the clothes dryer at midnight, that is just disrespectful to everyone!
* Appreciate nature's water supplies and don't waste this precious resource by having extremely long showers. 5 minutes is plenty to clean and refresh.