About this listing
Self-contained holiday apartment within a recently renovated 16th century Villa. Located in the heart of the wine making region of Alsace. Comprising of:
- 1 large bedroom with a king size bed, wardrobe and breakfast area (all linen and towels provided).
- Free WIFI and Cable TV in the room, along with DVD player.
- Large en-suite bathroom with spa-shower.
- Separate equipped kitchen with all utensils provided. Includes washer and dryer.
- terrace and garden.
- Free parking on the premises.
This bright and spacious apartment is situated within a villa-type house in the heart of Gueberschwihr. The house, built in 1620, was once the home of the local blacksmith. It has been lovingly refurbished to retain its original features and charm.
The "villa" boasts a large swimming pool and terrace, perfect on a hot summers day and for enjoying a glass of the local alsatian wine at night.
Gueberschwihr is an authentic alsatian village, full of charm. Ideal for walking, biking, fishing or visiting the local wine-makers. With its own selection of excellent restaurants you can chose to eat out in the village or venture into Colmar (the local town) if you chose. It is located next to the Vosges mountain range and within 10 minutes to Colmar. Strasbourg is a 30 minute train ride away with neighbouring Germany and Switzerland on your doorstep.
The apartment is within easy access of the Mulhouse-Basel Euro Airport (40 minutes by car with bus and train links available).
We are happy to arrange the following for you, just let us know! :
- Collection at the airport or Colmar train station.
- Wine tasting or "dégustation" with our favourite wine producers in the village.
- Reservations in any of the local restaurants.
We look forward to hosting you!
Languages: French, English, Spanish, Dutch
You are welcome to use the pool and terrace, however this is at your own risk.
Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate pets.
Feel free to smoke, but please keep it outdoors!
About the Host, Michael
My name is Michael, I am originally from South Africa but have been living in France with my wife for the last couple of years. We both love to travel and I enjoy fishing and golf in my spare time. I fell in love with Alsace as soon as I arrived and look forward to hosting other people so they can experience everything that the region has to offer.