About this listing
The farm, in the middle of Tuscany, surrounded by olive groves, has the same comfort of the most modern townhouses. You will enjoy outdoor breakfast with local produce and the care and attention of the hosts, who will have only you as their guests.
In the middle of northern part of Tuscany, at a distance of about 50 km. from the airports of Pisa and Florence, on the gentle slopes of the hill separating the plain around Lucca from the area known as Valdinievole, the B&b “The farm of Giustina" is surrounded by olive groves (including more than 400 trees) and fields where vines and vegetables are grown. The house is recently renovated and can offer the same comfort of the most modern townhouses, but is also a farm with a cellar and with all the necessities to cultivate the fields. The two owners live in the house and share with the guests the household appliances (washing machine, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc..), the kitchen, the bookcase with guidebooks and maps of places to visit, the garden, the wide open spaces also equipped with some outdoor play equipment for children and the shady grove with tables and chairs. If they wish, the guests can also take part in some simple agricultural activities, such as the grapes or olives harvest.
The bedroom for the guests, designed and furnished in an original style, combines a modern structure with the antique furniture, that used to belong to the owners' grandparents, and occupies the entire upper floor. The bedroom has its own shower and private bathroom, as well as a LCD HD television with satellite connection (news and movies also in English), a blue-ray and DVD player, a hairdryer and an electric fan. The wi-fi is available and completely free. The room has a view of the surrounding countryside. All the necessary furniture needed for children under 4 is available (cot, high chair, etc.).
During their stay, the guests can enjoy a rich continental breakfast in the morning, prepared by Paola with local produce and much appreciated in all the reviews of the B&b. The breakfast is served in the colder seasons in the large dining room of the house and in the summer almost always outdoors very close to the olive-trees and vines of the surrounding countryside.
What is unique about staying at "The farm of Giustina" is the family hospitality; if you like it, you will be surrounded by the care and attention of the hosts, who will have you as their unique guests and were in the past secondary school teachers. Also the price is interesting, just kept low, because the size of the structure is small and there is no need for extra staff.
Since 1932, for more than 60 years, Giustina, the present owner's grandmother, lived in this place where she was appreciated for her kindness, good humour and cheerfulness and known to be a hard-working and friendly hostess, always ready to welcome guests and treat them to the delicious food she cooked. After her husband's death, she became the only owner of the farm until the year 2000, when she died at the age of 96. Her renowned hospitality has inspired the present owners, who have decided to carry on the old family tradition.
Our guests have free admittance to all the rooms of our house, only with the exception of our bedroom, as well to the one hectare and half of our garden. They have the exclusive right to use, in addition to their bathroom and their bedroom, a satellite television with a lot of channels and programmes in English, a hair dryer, a fan, a free wi-fi connection, heating, parking. They can enjoy a rich continental breakfast in the morning, prepared by Paola with local produce and much appreciated in all the reviews of the B&b. The breakfast is served in the colder seasons in the large dining room of the house and in the summer almost always outdoors very close to the olive-trees and vines of the surrounding countryside.
In addition, the guests can share, in accordance with us, the numerous household appliances (washing machine, dishwasher, dryer, two refrigerators, micro-wave, etc.), one of the two kitchens, the bookcase with guidebooks and maps of places to visit, the cellar, the garden, the wide open spaces also equipped with some outdoor play equipment for children and the shady grove with tables and chairs, where in summer it is possible to eat. If they wish, the guests can also take part in some simple agricultural activities, such as the grapes or olives harvest. Finally, to those who come by train we can lend or rent one of our (old) cars.
Interaction with Guests
We really like interacting with our guests, if they too wish. Some of them became our friends (also on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)). We have a large number of maps and guide-books, in Italian and in English, and each day we provide the guests with information on restaurants, pizzerias, places to visit, itineraries (by car or train, on foot or on bike, ..). If the guests arrive by train, we always pick them up at the station and, when they leave, we take them back. Sometimes, especially in the winter, we can also accompany someone to the restaurant.
We are available to give any kind of explanations or information, for example about the local history and art or about the local recipes, well known by Paola. Having been in the past high school teachers, it may also be possible for us to organize courses of Italian language or accompany the guests on guided tours.
We like very much the children of our guests, who have access to the toys of our grandchildren in the house and to the outdoor play equipments (swings, slides, etc.); if they like, they can also play with our two grandchildren, Caterina and Leonardo, 6 and 3 years old.
If we become friends of our guests (we need time for this), we can invite them at the parties for birthdays of our grandchildren or at the dinners with our friends or at some musical show. It happened several times and we hope it may happen again.
Starting from the house, you can go for walks in the surrounding area in the middle of the typical landscape of the Tuscan hills and you quickly reach the village of Montecarlo, very characteristic for its urban plan of medieval period and for the Medici fortress, but also full of many good restaurants and pizzerias. The large number of farms in the area produce a great wine, for which the DOC has been recognized, and an extra virgin olive oil, considered one of the top quality oils of Tuscany; the guided tours to wine cellars and “frantoi" (oil-mills) are very appreciated by tourists and allow them to understand the production process of the wine and of the olive oil.
Although the house is right in the middle of the countryside, in an area protected for the environmental beauty of its landscape, it is not too far from the motorway (4 km.) or the train station (1 km.), which can be easily reached on foot. With the train you can easily reach Lucca, Pisa, Pistoia, Florence, Viareggio (seaside).
Montecarlo is a quiet little village, surrounded by nature, yet all the main comforts are close at hand because it is placed in an ideal position, which makes it the perfect starting point for trips to visit the Northern part of Tuscany. No matter your age or taste, you will enjoy a holiday here, whether you are looking for culture, museums and ancient towns, such as Lucca, Florence, Pisa, Pistoia, Vinci, S. Gimignano, Volterra, or you like to choose, between the restaurants of Tuscany, famous for the quality of their service, those which are best suited to your tastes. This place is also ideal for children: Collodi, Pinocchio's home town, is just 8 km away, a zoo in Pistoia is 25 km. far, public swimming pools are also rather near and it is half an hour drive to Viareggio, the renowned seaside resort along the Versilian coastline. You may decide to go for relaxing walks in the woods around Montecarlo, on the nearby Pizzorne plateau (around 1000 metres above sea level), in the Garfagnana area or maybe you prefer going out at night to one of the many pubs and discos in Viareggio, which is very busy and lively, especially in summer. On the other hand, if you want to take care of your health, you might choose to go to a spa in Montecatini or in Monsummano Terme, where you can also find the famous Giusti Grotto, just 12 km away.
Regole della casa:
- We welcome children of any age, but especially of less than five years.
- We welcome also animals, if they are small, but it is necessary a preventive agreement.
- In the room smoking is not allowed.
- Upon arrival guests must produce a valid passport or identity card for each occupant of the room.
- Upon arrival guests will have the keys of the room and, by request, even those of the house.
- The room may be occupied from 12.00 on day of arrival and must be vacated by 11:00 on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed. You can leave your luggage in the room or somewhere else until you leave.
- Breakfast will be served in the dining room until 10.00 am, unless otherwise agreed.
- Access into the room is free at any time.
- Any damage to property, plant, furniture, linen, towels of the B & B will be declared and refunded immediately by the guests.
- The owner of B & B reserves the right to access the room to carry out urgent maintenance or cleaning.
- It's possible to ask to use the washing machine, if the stay is long enough.
- It's possible to ask to use the kitchen, but it's necessary a preventive agreement.
- It's possible to ask the owner the use of maps, guide-books and information on tourist itineraries or restaurants.
- In our house, we make separate collection of rubbish and use energy-saving devices.
- The cleanings are made by the owner and include fresh towels every three days.
- The sheets are supplied and are washed after each change and every week.
- Breakfast is in according to continental use and usually includes cereals, toasted bread (home made), cakes, biscuits, jam, butter, yogurt, juice, tea, coffee, milk. Any dietary requirements are to report on your arrival.
Da noi sono benvenuti i bambini di ogni età, ma soprattutto con meno di cinque anni;
- Da noi sono benvenuti anche gli animali, purché di piccola taglia, ma dopo un accordo preventivo;
- All'arrivo gli ospiti dovranno consegnare un documento di riconoscimento valido per ognuno degli occupanti la camera;
- All'arrivo gli ospiti avranno a disposizione le chiavi della camera e, su richiesta, anche quelle della casa.
- La camera potrà essere occupata dalle ore 12.00 del giorno di arrivo e dovrà essere lasciata libera entro le ore 11:00 del giorno di partenza, salvo accordi diversi. I bagagli possono essere lasciati in camera o altrove nella casa fino alla partenza.
- La colazione sarà servita in cucina fino alle ore 10.00, salvo accordi diversi.
- L'accesso in casa è libero a qualsiasi ora.
- Nella camera NON è consentito fumare.
- Eventuali danni alla struttura, agli impianti o agli arredi e corredi del B&B dovranno essere dichiarati e risarciti immediatamente.
- Il proprietario del B&B si riserva il diritto di accedere alla stanza per effettuare operazioni di pulizia o manutenzione urgenti.
- E' possibile chiedere di utilizzare la lavatrice, se il soggiorno è sufficientemente lungo.
- E' possibile chiedere di utilizzare la cucina, ma dopo un accordo preventivo.
- E' possibile richiedere al proprietario l'utilizzo di mappe, guide ed indicazioni sugli itinerari turistici o sui ristoranti.
- Nella nostra casa, facciamo la raccolta differenziata dei rifiuti ed usiamo dispositivi a basso consumo energetico.
- Le pulizie sono effettuate quotidianamente dai proprietari e comprendono il cambio degli asciugamani ogni tre giorni.
- Le lenzuola sono di corredo e sono lavate ad ogni cambio.
- La colazione è conforme all'uso continentale e prevede in genere cereali, pane tostato, torte o biscotti, marmellate, burro, yoghurt, succo di frutta, tè, caffè, latte. Eventuali vostre esigenze alimentari sono da segnalare all'arrivo.