The ecolodge is one big room of 84m2 with a seating area, dining area, kitchen and sofa. On the first floor you find the bedroom with one double bed and two single beds. Also, the cottage has a terrace with a breathtaking view, garden and parking lot. When you visit the ecolodge you can use free Wi-Fi.
- Household linen
- Grocery bag
The ecolodge is an extraordinary cottage in Oostknollendam, a small farmers village. The cottage is surrounded by nature and it has a beautiful view. During the summer you can swim in the river and in the winter you can ice skate. The nature and the fresh air make sure you go back home completely relaxed.
- Kayaks are for rent at Arend Bloem, a store in the neighbourhood.
- The Batavia is a restaurant established at the river the Zaan in an old storehouse. After dinner, the restaurants transforms into a club.
- Historical factories and storehouses at the Zaan.
- The Zaanse Schans is a traditional windmill area with all sorts of windmills, the famous green houses and several museums.
- Zaandam is the centre of the area. Zaandam has a brand new city centre and a dam square with many restaurants and clubs. Within 15 minutes by car you are in the centre of this city.
- Amsterdam is 20 minutes by car, but can also be reached by public transport.
- The beach. You can go to Castricum or Wijk aan Zee, both will take 30 minutes by car to get there.
- Don’t miss out on the cheese market in Alkmaar. The traditional market is 30 minutes by car.
- Within 40 minutes by car you can go to the well-known fisherman’s town Volendam and Edam.
Gasten kunnen bij ons rust vinden, maar we vinden het ook prima als er muziek gemaakt wordt. We waarderen het enorm dat onze gasten het huisje netjes achterlaten en het melden als er iets ontbreekt of kapot is gegaan. Binnen mag er niet gerookt worden. De bedden graag beslapen met lakens die zelf zijn meegebracht of door ons zijn opgemaakt. Vuilniszakken zelf in de grijze container naast de garage zetten. Lege flessen meenemen en weggooien in de glasbak naast het voetbalveld aan het begin van het dorp.
Très bel endroit a une vingtaine de km d amsterdam, accueil chaleur les hôtes parlent français
Fleur's cottage was very nice. We were impressed with how clean and well equipped it is, it had everything we would need in the kitchen and more. Fleur went an extra mile to make sure we get there and find everything ok as we had limited connectivity while traveling. The area around the cottage is quiet and beautiful, and it's close enough to major cities: Den Hague and Rotterdam, Haarlem and Amsterdam, Schiphol.
The house was very beautiful as description and picture.
it is located by the river and field full of nature.
Hostess was very kind and warm.
Lambs, horses, birds, chickens, cats.. you can enjoy animals singing with your children.
[ Tips ]
- You have to buy things before you arrive because there is no shop around 5km from the house. There is a "DekaMarkt" (Big supermarket) about 10 minute by car.
- Maybe you need earplug for your morning unless you always wake up in the 6 am. cocks keep "Cock-a-doodle-doo" from 6:00 in the morning.
- Washbowl in toilet is incredibly small and mirror is hang too high so that people under 175cm and children cannot see their faces.
Anyway, the surrounding of the house and beautiful architecture can cover all negative points.
Heerlijk huisje met prachtig uitzicht. Fleur is vriendelijk en behulpzaam.
We komen zeker nog een keer terug!
Tout était impeccable, logement propre et hôtes très sympathiques. Seul bémol, la salle de bain mal ventilée et surtout l'évacuation de la douche très lente.
the cabin was very comfortable with a great view at the farm. Fleur was really nice. gave us eggs from her farm.
Highly recommended ! Ana awesome apartament: well equipped and functional. The experience was flawless and our host did absolutelly everything to make us feel comfortable and supported, from planning the travel until leaving Amsterdam. Thank you very much Fleur.
Social entrepreneur, pioneer, creative concept developer and co-creator with sharp vision on social justice. Expert in engaging people in practical solutions for wicked societal problems at the cross over between business, government, ngo's, science, theatre, film, design, art.
Specialties: engaging people, creative communication concepts, participative events, community-art, new business development.
Specialties:concept, event management, set design, illustrator, community-art, youth worker, acquisition and fundraising, pioneer