Welcome! This spacious and lovely 3-bedroom/3-bath house is part of a three-level building tucked into the hillside, with a fantastic view of the sapphire-blue Kaneohe Bay! This large apartment has 2,200 sqft of room, with another 1,000 sqft on the balcony, in a very quiet, unassuming enclave of million-dollar homes, on a dead-end street, overlooking the beautiful "K-bay". Wake up to a beautiful sunrise view, eat breakfast on the balcony, and get a nice tan at the same time. Look to the right from the balcony and you see the beautiful green of nature conservation acreage, not tall hotel towers, blocking the wind and view of the serene K-Bay. Open up the windows and let the wonderful ocean breezes blow right into the living room and dining area.
For visitors who are looking for the "real" island experience on Oahu, Kaneohe is the place to be. As you cross over the Koolau range (steep, jagged lava cliffs) from the airport, leave Waikiki's noise, traffic and tourist crunch behind, and enter the inviting, emerald fields of Kaneohe. Here, you can breathe in salty ocean breezes, not car fumes. Here you listen to the rustling trees & chirping birds, not the noise of crowds, traffic racket or police sirens. During the summer months, feel free to reach out and grab our awesome giant avocados off the tree growing beside the outside stairs.
• The house will comfortably accommodate 6 adults, and 2 small kids on living room futons
• The front entrance has a step up to enter, with no convenient access ramps for the elderly or disabled
• Bedroom #2 is in the center of the house, a former office space
• Bedrooms #1 (master bedroom) and #3 have separate sliding doors leading out to the fenced backyard
• Bus stops with routes to the North Shore, Lanikai &Kailua beaches and downtown Waikiki is down the hill from the house, about a 3-minute walk
• Restaurants, groceries, local Kaneohe shops are all under a 5-mile radius from house
• The living room area has sliding glass doors leading out to the balcony, with a picturesque ocean view of K-bay
• Free parking for 2 medium-sized cars in the private parking lot overlooking the ocean
• 47” TV is in the living room; TVs are not installed in the bedrooms because you’re there to get out and enjoy the Hawai’i beaches and sightsee
• Extra large balcony with the ocean views have a BBQ grill and patio table/chairs
• BEDS: 2 Queen bed, 2 queen-size sofa/futon in bedroom #3, one extra sofa/futon in the living area
• Starter toilet paper, paper towels, bath soap are provided, as are towels, bed linens and blankets
• Coin-op washer and dryer in the locked and separate laundry room (shared with the other units)
• Spacious kitchen is equipped with a large fridge, microwave and dishwasher
• 4-burner electric stove/oven range and basic dining ware items and cooking equipment.
• There are no AC units for this house, but fans and natural ocean breezes keep the place cool
• USS Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor and USS Bowfin tour (5 miles)
• Snorkeling/scuba/surfing activities
• Hiking trails at Diamond Head, Maunawili Falls, Makapu’u Lighthouse, and more
• See the breathtakingly gorgeous beaches of the North Shore
• Catch the golden sunset views from one of the Ko’Olina lagoons
• Visit the Dole Plantation to try the unique and tasty pineapple ice cream
• There are over 25 golf courses on the island
• Drive to Kailua’s white sand beaches are only 10 miles away, to the south
• Sign up for K-Bay’s famous Sandbar parties on barges or glass-bottomed boats that launch out of the He’eia Marina, a 4-minute drive from the house
• Check out the “crashed airplane” prop used for the “LOST” TV series, just across the He’eia Marina
• Drive down Kamehameha Highway to the Sealife Aquarium, the setting for "50 First Dates", and play the ukelele like Adam Sandler, while you're at it
• Head north on Kam Hwy to the Polynesian Cultural Center for their famous luau show, a mere 30-minute drive from the house
• For our military folks with access to the bases, plan for tee-time at the world-renowned and challenging golf course at the nearby Marine Corps Base (where President Obama and Tiger Woods played)
• A car is recommended to fully enjoy the island, and parking is FREE
• This is a non-smoking house; cigarette butts not picked up off the balcony and yard will incur a $25 clean-up charge, as will trash thrown down the hill
• The brand new beds have a 400 (four hundred) pound total weight limit, recommended by manufacturer
• Place properly tied trash bags in front of or beside the mailbox every Wednesday and Saturday. If trash bags are not disposed of this way, security deposit will be charged $50
• Beach towels are not provided due to heavy wear & tear on beach terrain, sand flea infestations and extra challenges with laundering and drying
• Spices and condiments are NOT provided for allergy/safety reasons---please bring your own
• Please advise your entire party to WALK LIGHTLY and be mindful of the noise that carries down the hill to the other 2 units directly below
• Guests are strongly urged to strictly control kids from running around all over the place, or up and down stairs and the balcony, for their safety
• The hillside house setting tends to amplify noise due to its inherent arena theater sound effect. Please be advised that the wealthy and gentrified neighbors will NOT tolerate late night excessive noises. If parties held on the balcony go late and loud past 10 pm, we guarantee the cops will be called, and noise fines will be charged to your security deposit.
→ We offer unparalleled, unbeatable deals for large groups or family reunions. In return, however, we highly value quiet, respectful and considerate Airbnb guests who are not planning to hold loud parties on site.
→ This house is for families who want to stay together, and not be in 3 separate hotel rooms.
→ Neighbors will NOT tolerate guests who cannot control their screaming kids--they WILL call the police to the premises. If noise fines are issued by the Honolulu Police Department, security deposit will be charged.
→ Please EMAIL FIRST before booking, with description of group members (i.e. # of adults/kids), and intent of use (wedding party, family reunions, etc.)
REMINDER: This is NOT a 5-star house; it is an older home in an unassuming, yet quietly wealthy hillside community. We did our best to upgrade and renovate this home, but it retains some of its “old Hawaiian house” quirks. If you want POSH accommodations, we recommend booking at the JW Marriott’s in Ko’Olina, at $2000 a night for a similar 3-bedroom condo.
WARNING: The occasional welcoming bug party is NOT indicative of uncleanliness. Everyone is bound to run into them at some point while on island. Even the Royal Iolani Palace has its imperial roaches & bugs. If you can't handle insects, we suggest booking at downtown hotels. We do all we can with pest control, but they remain Hawaiian-strong and particularly love to scurry indoors in rainy weather and cooler temperatures. If ants bother you, simply sprinkle salt on the trail to stop them. Otherwise, please ensure to keep food mess off the counters and store items appropriately to keep little critters from running indoors to partake of your food bounty.
Permit Number: W00621726-01
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$25 / night after 6 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||5 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$1495 /week|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
This place was great! It was perfect for our large group and we had more than enough room. The giant kitchen space was awesome! Thanks Mishael!
This listing is exactly how it states, and is so comfy, like you are at home. Everything is easy, and the house layout has tons of character and is very efficient. Bring quarters for the convenient laundry room, and get ready for an amazing night's sleep on the two queen beds. They are amazingly comfortable. I would recommend that the third bedroom be appointed to less picky adult sleepers or kids, as the futons would not be my first choice, but they would certainly work just fine.
We absolutely enjoyed our stay! This was my first Airbnb experience, and I can confidently say that my family and my friend family had a great one! This place was an answer to our prayers -- safe, comfortable, clean, spacious, and quiet. I would highly recommend this home to anyone and would definitely stay here again!
The home in Kaneohe worked out great for our family and friends. We appreciated the three bedrooms and baths, the spacious living area and kitchen. The view was wonderful. The location was convienant and it was minutes walking distance to the water. The neighborhood was quiet and had ample parking space. We would highly recommend for those looking for a somewhat "rustic" setting versus a hotel. We absolutely enjoyed our stay!
Jim & Mary Dick
This house was everything we needed for our stay on Oahu. Everything Mishael has written is 100% honest. The house is cozy and clean, has a great kitchen, and there is plenty of space for a group. It was very nice for the people in our group to each have their own bathroom. The area is beautiful, quiet, and away from the chaos of Waikiki. The winds from the bay are very refreshing. It was great to sit on the deck and watch the sun rise each morning. If you are looking to have some privacy and relax, this is the place for you. The 5 people in our group thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.
What a lovely spacious home. The view out the back reminded us constantly that we were in Hawaii and not at home, which added so much to our vacation mindset. For people with crawling babies or toddlers, they will love all the room to move. We brought one baby gate and it proved to be extremely useful. Also, there are a lot of electrical outlets at baby level, so be sure to bring safety plugs (about 30) or gaffer tape.
We would definitely go back.