About This Listing
THIS PROPERTY IS ALREADY REDUCED, BUT THE OWNER SAYS BOOK THE SUMMER. SO, WE WILL NOT REFUSE ANY REASONABLE OFFERS. MESSAGE US WITH YOUR OFFER ON THIS GREAT CONDO.
This condo features BRAND NEW FURNISHINGS! Even the beds are brand new (and they are premium - no cheap hotel beds here!) It has 2 full size beds and 1 twin airbed.
We know you'll love staying at this direct oceanfront condo in beautiful Myrtle Beach. We've been vacationing at Myrtle Beach for years and dreamed of the day when we could have a place of our own there. Now, we are privileged to be able to offer our own properties and represent several additional great properties offered by our clients. There are so many attractions - live shows, shopping, golf, mini golf, the wonderful beach, a fabulous aquarium & tons of other things to do & see. For those of you who haven't been to the beach in a while, there is also a great boardwalk that is pretty new and a massive Skywheel. There are tons of restaurants in Myrtle Beach - a 'foodies' dream come true.
This condo was recently renovated with new furniture - so you know it will be in top condition for your stay.
We've been renting from private owners for years - so, we know how we want to be treated as renters & we will treat you with the same honesty and integrity that we expect when renting from somebody else. We're dedicated to your comfort. We will make ourselves available to you and, we have also hired a local cleaning/maintenance company that is experienced, professional, licensed and insured to handle any issue you may have during your stay.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS for this property:
Q: 'Are there any hidden fees?'
A: NO - All of the fees are clearly listed in our ad so that you can figure out your exact cost with just a little math. There are no 'surprise' costs or resort fees.
Q: 'Do we have to bring towels and linens or rent them at an extra cost?'
A: NO - We don't like having to take towels and linens with us on vacation; and we really don't like deceptive pricing that requires us to rent them for an added cost. So, we don't expect our guests to like those things either. TOWELS AND LINENS ARE INCLUDED in your cleaning fee.
Q: 'Is parking included?'
A: YES, and there are no streets to cross.
Q: 'How far is the beach?'
A: The resort is right on the beach and you will have direct access to the beach. It is literally right out the back door of the resort. You can see the waves from the amazing oceanfront view of this condo.
Q: 'How far is the airport?'
A: About 2 miles.
Q: 'Do I have to clean/make the beds/do the laundry?'
A: NO - You are on vacation! We ask that you treat our property with care so it stays nice for others. But we don't expect you to clean or do laundry before you check out. That's what you pay a departure cleaning fee for!
Q: 'Do you allow pets?'
A: NO, sorry - Pets are not allowed at this resort per our HOA bylaws. However, we do have a property where we accept small dogs. Contact us for more details.
ADDITIONAL PROPERTIES AVAILABLE:
- A big (apartment size) angle oceanfront in the 'Golden Mile' section with king bed, washer/dryer & even a WATERSLIDE on the property (many new furnishings/household items). Sleeps 6. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/843596
- A large angle oceanfront studio with a full size kitchen & tons of pools. Sleeps 6. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/225332
- An adorable 2 bedroom in the Shore Dr. Area of Myrtle Beach. Sleeps 6. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1266799
- A direct oceanfront studio with new memory foam top queen beds. Sleeps 4. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/843509
-- An oceanview efficiency in North Myrtle (tons of water amenities here). Sleeps 4. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/844179
- A BIG 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath villa that is actually 2 adjoining condos (an apartment size 1 bedroom, 1.5 bath with living room, dining room & full kitchen AND a master suite style room with mini fridge and microwave). If you rent both sides, it sleeps 10. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/904545
- A HUGE 3 bedroom townhouse that has been recently renovated and updated with premium furnishings. Sleeps 12. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/628454
Signed rental contract required. No smoking. Sorry, no pets per our HOA bylaws.
Beds are: 2 Full Size Beds, 1 Twin Air Mattress
Check in information is sent via email. Parking pass are provided at the front desk.
Parking & tax are included in the rate. Cleaning fee will be calculated by the system as part of your total rate. Cleaning fee includes all linens and towels.
RENTAL AGREEMENT/HOUSE RULES:
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. EST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. EST. No Early Check-in or late check-out unless specified in writing. If the renter does check out late and housekeeping has already arrived to clean the unit, the renter may be responsible to pay the housekeeper’s return visit fee if we are charged that fee.
2. SMOKING - This is a NON SMOKING unit and NON SMOKING RESORT. No exceptions. If you smoke in our rental unit, you may be asked to leave and will forfeit all monies paid for the rental including your security deposit.
3. PETS - Pets are not permitted at this resort under any conditions. If you bring a pet, you will be asked to leave and will forfeit all monies paid as well as your security deposit.
a. No damage will be done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear and all provisions in this contract are followed.
b. No charges will be incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards should be placed in trash can or bagged, and any soiled dishes are cleaned prior to departure.
d. Any charges accrued during the stay will be paid prior to departure or charged against your security deposit.
e. No linens, towels, or any other items from the unit should be lost or damaged. Damage includes excessive staining that cannot be removed by normal cleaning methods. Inventory will be taken following check out.
f. No Early check-in or late check-out.
g. Parking passes should be left inside the unit upon departure.
h. Food should not be left on floors or beds and should be discarded appropriately in trash can or bagged. No gum or other food items should be left stuck on/in furniture, counters, carpet, towels, linens or floors.
i. If the renter should evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or the security workers employed by the resort, the renter is responsible for all damages that result.
5. MAID SERVICE – While a starter supply of linens and bath towels are included in the cleaning of the unit, daily maid service and towel replenishment is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the unit for use at the pool or beach. A departure cleaning fee is included. Departure cleaning fee includes reasonable cleaning. A charge for excessive cleaning may be charged if the house rules are not followed.
6. RENTER AGE/RELATIONSHIP – Unrelated renters under the age of 25 are not allowed and no renters under the age of 18 are allowed without parental supervision unless prior arrangements have been made. The owner will not necessarily require, but reserves the right to ask for copies of photo identification for adult renters. The primary contact person paying for the rental will be staying at the unit for the entire rental period.
7. PARTIES/NOISE – Renter agrees to have no loud parties and will not exceed the maximum number of occupants as outlined below. If noise complaints are received, the renter may be asked to leave by property management, security, the police, or the owner (or any other agent of the owner) and the renter will forfeit any monies paid to the owner including the security deposit.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY/USE OF PROPERTY - The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 people as it is. If you have 4 adults and a small child, we would allow you to bring a small air mattress, sleeping bag, or pack n play for the child. There is no phone in the unit but there is access to the resort's shared wifi. Speeds and connection strength may vary depending upon renter's equipment. There is also cable television that should not be tampered with. The renter will have access to the condo, common areas and all water attractions on the resort property. Renter will also have beach access.
9. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
10. PARKING PASSES – Parking passes must be obtained from the front desk. Renters may be asked to provide a copy of the rental agreement as proof of rental to the front desk and will be asked to provide their license plate number. Renters must display parking pass on the rear view mirror at all times when parked in parking lot. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter's expense. Please leave the parking passes inside the unit upon departure.
11. PROBLEMS – Renter agrees to contact the owner directly in case of any problems or maintenance issues with the unit. The owner will also provide an alternate contact number for maintenance upon full payment of rental fees. If the owner does not hear from the renter by 9pm on the evening of arrival, it will be assumed that the unit is acceptable to the renter and in good condition.
13. HOLD HARMLESS - The renter assumes all risk involved with use of this condo and all other areas of the resort property and agrees to indemnify and hold the owner, the owner’s insurer, the resort, and homeowner’s association harmless for any/all injuries (including death) incurred on the property as well as any missing/stolen items. The renter assumes full responsibility for all person's entering the premises during the renter's contracted time of stay.
14. CANCELLATIONS – Should the renter find it necessary to cancel, the owner will make every effort to re-rent the unit for the contracted dates. Refunds are based on airbnb refund policy.
15. SECURITY DEPOSIT: The renter agrees to pay for all damages, missing items, and/or charges for fines/fees incurred by the owner as a result of the misuse of this rental per the above information. Should these charges be in excess of the damage deposit, the renter will receive a bill and agrees to pay additional charges to cover that bill. The renter agrees to pay for any/all legal and collection fees incurred by the owner for the purpose of collecting these charges. The renter also agrees to pay the statutory maximum interest rate for any unpaid portions of these charges. The renter agrees that they will not “charge back” any amount charged to cover damage/misuse/theft/rental fees.
16. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – SOMETIMES WE CAN MAKE EXCEPTIONS DEPENDING UPON INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES. However, any exceptions to the above policies must be approved in writing.
My family and I had a great time staying at Eric and Melanie's Airbnb. It had everything we needed and I loved that it was right next to the ocean. We had a 5th person so their inflatable bed (which was very easy to use) was very helpful! Thanks for letting us stay here!
This condo does have a remarkable ocean view, but nothing else. No hangers for clothing, very small bathroom space, ridiculously high beds you need a ladder to get into, a chair in the closet? (What's with that?) nothing welcoming. It is close to Myrtle Beach Airport. I would not stay here again.
This place was very well located - right on beach front as advertised. It would be nice if the host provided some cutlery and basic plates/bowls - we were unable to have breakfast in the room because we didn't have any of these. Also it might be nice to supply beach chairs (that just stay in the closet) as most travellers won't be bringing things like this with them and it was $35/day to hire a beach chair from the lifeguards.
The locations was great. We enjoyed being on the beach and not being in the very congested part of Myrtle beach.
The Wi-Fi was non-existent. We tried multiple devices and multiple locations in the building and came up with nothing. We even spoke with other guests and they had the same experience.
The DVD player also did not work. We tried 3 different movies and none were able to play.
I believe that this guest was using an incorrect wifi password, as the resort recently changed the password and I was not made aware of this. However, if he had communicated that there was any problem connecting, I would have immediately attempted to get to the bottom of it. I am not sure what the issue was with the DVD player. I purchased a brand new DVD player for this unit, that was installed in early May and this guest stayed in July. I am wondering if this was just a matter of having the TV on the wrong input. I will look into this right away and replace it if necessary. Again, had I known of any problem with it during the guest's stay, I would have attempted to help the guest to troubleshoot the problem and, if it was actually broken, would have replaced the unit immediately.
*First of all, I should note that I reserved this space for my parents anniversary - I did not stay here.
Eric and Melanie were very responsive and wonderful to work with. My parents got lost a couple times driving in, and they were very helpful on the phone with guidance after it had gotten dark.
I have a slightly mixed review about the property. I paid a premium since it was near July 4th, but the amenities don't reflect the price. My dad had to go buy toilet paper, beach chairs, and beach towels. This seems like an easy fix to keep around for guests who are in from out of town. Secondly, my mom had to go buy a couple dark wash cloths to take make-up off to not damage the white towels. Again, this seems easy to keep a couple dark wash clothes around for women who wear make-up. There was also construction going on starting at 7:45am every morning which was very loud and prevented anyone from sleeping in on at least 4 of the floors. Although the space was clean, my dad killed a couple cockroaches - which was a few too many in my mind.
On the plus side - they loved the access to the beach, the beds were comfortable and clean.. however for $150 a night - I expected more.
I am sorry that you felt that you paid too much. During the summer, this property is typically $200 to $300 less than the resort charges for a week for a similar condo (not as updated as ours). So, I feel that it is an excellent value. The towels that we provide are white (the owner wants them to be bleached between guests), but I will definitely talk to the owner about providing some darker wash cloths. Thank you for the suggestion! Like most rentals in Myrtle Beach, we don't provide beach towels or beach chairs with the rental of the property. However, our cleaners do rent chairs, umbrellas, and beach towels at a price that is a fraction of renting them on the beach or buying them. The small rental fee helps to facilitate the additional upkeep of these items so that they are always in excellent condition for guests, and it allows us to keep clutter to a minimum for guests who do not want to have these items in their rental unit (they are delivered prior to check in upon request). I am not sure what to say about construction during the holiday week. While I can't control what other owners in the building do, I can't imagine why that would have occurred - it should not have happened. I am also going to talk to resort management about the roaches that your dad saw. We have the unit sprayed monthly and it is on an interior entrance on the 5th floor. I can't explain how they got there and have never had another guest mention a problem like this, but I will have the unit sprayed immediately to ensure it doesn't happen again. As you said, the unit is kept very clean and updated. So, this is quite troubling to me. Thank you so much for your business and feedback.
Melanie is great! She was very helpful and kept me informed with any information I needed. The room was very nice and the area was nice as well. The room is very well decorated and the beds were super cozy! It is oceanfront with a huge window that overlooks the ocean and the side window you can see the pool.
The accommodations were ok if you were looking for basic housing. It was no frills, and Dvd player did not work which was very disappointing. There were 3 nights towels for four night stay, one roll of toilet paper which was not adequate and not enough trash bags in order to leave trash bagged as instructed. Instructions and local info was very clear and informative. It was a learning experience to pay attention with details on AirBnB
This host has 125 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Eric & Melanie
We are 30-somethings who have been together forever & want to see the world. Eric is disabled - a kidney transplant patient - and Melanie just returned to college. Our sights are on Europe in the coming year - with Ireland, France and Italy on top of the list - if we can make it all come together. The holy grail would be Australia & New Zealand (maybe some day).
We fell in love with Myrtle Beach & dreamed about having a place there. It is a foodie paradise, a fantastic family destination, a never ending party, a shopper's dream and the beach isn't too bad either :-) We'll send you a bunch of tips about our favorite places in the area when you rent from us. Any questions at all - don't hesitate to email. HAPPY TRAVELS TO ALL!