Casually elegant blend of Tommy Bahama meets Palm Beach decor with waterfront/golf course views located in Sawgrass Country Club, a luxury gated golf & tennis community, and home of THE PLAYERS Championship, minutes to the beach, shopping & dining.
Comfy Chair-and-a-Half converts instantly into a twin-size bed featuring a Mitchell Gold mattress with feather-down topper!
THE SAME LUXURY AS MY WATERFRONT VILLA SUITE...JUST A SMALLER NEST FOR THOSE ON A MODEST BUDGET! PERFECT FOR BUSINESS TRAVELERS TOO!
TPC IS COMING IN EARLY MAY SO BOOK NOW! MY VILLA IS 2.8 MILES FROM THE COURSE, AND A FREE SHUTTLE IS AVAILABLE THAT RUNS ALL DAY AND WILL PICK YOU UP AT THE END OF MY STREET! PLEASE NOTE THAT MY RATE IS SLIGHTLY HIGHER DURING THIS PEAK DEMAND TIME! I HAVE HOSTED GUESTS 2 YEARS IN A ROW AT THE HIGHER RATE AND THEY BOTH LEFT EXCEPTIONAL REVIEWS AND LOVED THE VALUE AND CONVENIENCE!
In addition to my 2nd Floor Guest Suite, I have this cozy first floor Study with Chair-and-a-Half Twin pull-out with comfy Mitchell Gold mattress purchased from the Ritz-Carlton in Amelia Island. Features include double sliding glass doors with a view of a lovely courtyard with foliage, flora, birds, squirrels and geckos.
Enjoy all of the amenities of this lovely, elegant Tommy Bahama inspired Waterfront Villa with a view of the Sawgrass Golf Course located in the heart of Ponte Vedra Beach just minutes to the Beach! Just a short stroll to the end of the street is the community pool.
The Study is a very small but cozy tiled ( 9' x 10') room with woven rug, Wi-Fi, (no TV, but you are welcome to enjoy the living room unit), a powerstrip for plugging in your computer, iPad, and phone. There is a half bath across the hall, and use of the upstairs Guest Bath if the Guest Suite is not occupied. If the Guest Suite is booked, I offer use of my personal Master Suite Bath/Shower. You will have your own personal towel rack with lots of fluffy towels, a personal shower caddy with soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner, and your own personalized basket for your toiletries. I'm off to work by 7:45am and home by 6:30pm, so you'll have the place all to yourself during those hours, and at your convenience during evening hours. There is an empty chest of drawers in the foyer for your clothes and ample room in "The Beach Closet" for your hanging clothes and luggage. So far, all of the Airbnb guests have loved the coziness and budget-friendly value of this accommodation!
As any "pull-out sleeper-type mattress", it does not provide the same back support and comfort as the conventional plush pillow-top Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress in the Guest Suite upstairs, but this one is "top of the line" and somewhat thicker, so it's great for a short stay. I just purchased a down feather topper which makes it really plushy and sumptuous!
Proximity of your Room: The Study is located downstairs in the front of the villa. It does not have a door, but has a privacy drape which provides complete privacy, but doesn't block out noise. You may hear someone entering/exiting the front door, but we are respectful of you sleeping and do try to be extra quiet!
I work full-time, and have lots of hobbies, so even though this is advertised as a "Private Room", you will enjoy most of the "Entire Villa" and common areas and will have the place to yourself most of the time. I'm attentive, but not intrusive. I will be delighted to show you around the area.
The kitchen is a few steps down the hall from your room. Includes Continental breakfast - hot brewed gourmet coffee & teas, English muffins, toast, juices, jams & jellies, yogurt, fruit, hard-boiled eggs upon request, and bottled water. I love to bake, so there may be homemade banana bread, coconut pound cake, lemon bars or cobbler. If you prefer a gluten-free, GMO-free, grain-free diet, please furnish your own foods. If you enjoy smoothies for breakfast, I have a blender, and offer Silk or Blue Diamond Almond milk but do not provide protein powder. The Publix and The Fresh Market are just a couple blocks away and offer a nice variety of fresh organic produce, gluten-free foods, and healthy goodies.
Convenient to shopping, dining and night life. For a heartier appetite, enjoy a scrumptious breakfast, brunch or lunch at the famous Beach Diner or the Starbuck's just across the street from the subdivision entrance. There is also a McDonald's just a block away. There are 1,380 restaurants within a 15-mile radius of the villa!
You are welcome to use my beach cruisers to explore the area or ride to the beach. I do not have bike helmets, so please furnish your own if you prefer to use one.
This is the perfect vacation getaway spot for beachgoers, outdoor enthusiasts, sportsmen, historians, and golfers. The water is hypnotic, and the sunsets mesmirizing. You will feel immediately relaxed and embraced by this tranquil space!
Please visit my other Guest Suite listing - "Waterfront Villa Suite - Beach & Golf" if you prefer a larger, private suite.
Guests will have access to all common areas - the living room, dining room, main kitchen, and screened lanai and deck. If you bring your personal bike, you are welcome to store it in my lockable, remote operated garage.
Interaction with Guests
I reside on the property 100% of the time, but work full time, am engaged in hobbies, and frequently entertain friends. I am available 24/7 when needed, but non-intrusive if you prefer your solitude. The 2-story floor layout is ideal and provides ample privacy for host and guests.
THE UNIQUENESS OF THIS ACCOMMODATION IS UNPARALLELED IN VALUE, QUALITY AND PRICE - The ambience, tranquility, water view, privacy, romantic setting, exposure to wildlife, close proximity to the beach, golf, TPC Sawgrass, shopping, dining, nightlife, and safe gated security make this the PERFECT VACATION RETREAT!
I recommend renting a car, as there is no bus service in Ponte Vedra Beach. There are a number of quality taxi and shuttle services available from the airport to the Villa. Once you get here, I have four bikes which you are welcome to use to explore the area!
Other Things to Note
You will love the peacefulness of this tranquil space!
WELCOME! JUST A FEW HOUSE RULES, BUT MOSTLY HELPFUL TIPS. ALL STORAGE AREAS AND LIGHT SWITCHES ARE LABELED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, AND A HOUSE MANUAL IS PROVIDED IN YOUR GUEST SUITE.
1. UNAPPROVED GUESTS - Not permitted.
2. PHOTO ID & EMERGENCY INFO IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO CHECK-IN - NO EXCEPTIONS! I require a Photo ID for each guest prior to check-in - either a copy of your Driver’s License OR Passport which can be scanned and emailed to me at least one week prior to your arrival. I need this to secure your Security Gate/Parking Pass. Also, I ask that you please complete a brief Guest Profile sheet that lists contact info for your next of kin, allergies, physical limitations, and provides me with your desired instructions for your care in case of an emergency. I am CPR Certified.
3. CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST - I provide hot, brewed gourmet coffee and teas, juice, and a very nice assortment of English muffins, berry muffins or croissants, toast, butter, jams and jellies, and a fresh fruit medley. If you are gluten-free or have dietary restrictions, please feel free to bring your own food, or shop at our local grocery, just a few blocks away – the Sawgrass Publix or The Fresh Market. You are welcome to use my blender to prepare your own smoothies.
4. ACCESS - I will arrange for a Security Guest Pass for the duration of your stay. Upon check-in at the Sawgrass South Security Gate, simply state your name, and that you are Cris's guest, and provide my address. Place your pass visibly on the left-hand side of your dash to authorize your entry through the security gate and to park at my residence. Upon arrival, I will provide you with key. If you lose your pass, or wish to extend your stay, only I am authorized to request a replacement pass.
5. PARKING - Please park in the spaces to the Right of my garage. Call or text me on your cell after you pass the gate, and I will personally greet you in the turnaround.
6. SECURITY - Please secure my residence upon leaving. If you lose your key or get locked out, please call me immediately via cell.
7. SPEED LIMITS - Please drive slowly and observe posted speed limits in the complex, as many residents are walking, jogging, walking dogs, biking and driving golf carts. You must yield to the golf carts, as the paths cross the road for access to the golf course on both sides of the street. We have 24/7 security patrols who do enforce safety.
8. OFF-LIMITS - My Master Bedroom Suite and upper deck are the only "off limits" space in the (website hidden) and DVD OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS AND WI-FI ACCESS CODE instructions are provided in your Guest Suite, in the Manual, and on the Living Room coffee table. The WI-FI code is posted in the downstairs Study, the Kitchen on the Chalkboard Message Center and in your Guest Suite Manual.
10. FOOD & BEVERAGES - Please furnish your own meals, condiments, sodas, snacks, beer, wine, liquor and mixers. But don't hesitate to ask me if you need something. I offer complimentary bottled water. However, if you are spending a day at the beach, or planning a day trip, please purchase your own extra bottled water for your cooler.
11. KITCHEN - You are welcome to use my fully-equipped Kitchen to prepare or heat up a basic meal or snack, the large fridge and wine cooler in the Wine/Breakfast Bar in the Dining Room, and your personal en suite mini-fridge. I do not allow frying with hot oil, or use of my stand mixer, food processor, or Griddler.
12. DISHES – Please kindly wash your own dishes and glassware and place on the drain mat or in the dishwasher after use. I usually run the dishwasher late at night or every couple of days when there is a full load to conserve energy.
13. KITCHEN TRASH & RECYCLING – The kitchen trash can is located in the pull-out cabinet to the right of the stove and is labeled. The recycle bin is located in the downstairs Utility Closet across from the kitchen and is also labeled for your convenience. Please place all glass bottles, wine bottles, plastic water bottles, milk containers, and newspapers there.
14. MESSAGE BOARD - There is a chalkboard/message board in the kitchen for communicating with me, but the best way is by texting my cell 24/7. If you need anything to make your stay more enjoyable - extra towels, soap, or can't find something, etc., please text me! I aim to please! : )
15. CONSERVATION - Please turn off all lamps, overhead lights, fans, radios, TV's and appliances when not in use or when you leave the room, and the front porch light after arriving home. All light switches are labeled. Being energy conscious saves $’s and enables me to offer the lowest rate to YOU!
16. MOSQUITOES – Please keep all exterior doors and screened doors closed to keep insects, and mosquitoes out. I furnish fragrance-free insect repellant to use during your stay and keep a bottle by each door.
17. PET CAT – Bud is an indoor cat, but curious about the outdoors and may try and slip out the front storm door to eat a little grass or chase a gecko. You must pull the storm door toward you and turn the latch to the right for it to catch. Bud is ID'd and micro-chipped, so if he does get out, lure him back in with some ham or tuna from the fridge. Don’t worry, he doesn't go far, usually down the sidewalk to the right, and he will let you pick him up. If you can't find him, just call my cell to let me know.
18. THE BEACH CLOSET in the entry foyer, is stocked with beach chairs, towels, umbrellas, the “screwy umbrella anchor thingy”, beach bags, collapsible coolers, boogie board, noodles, hats, visors, beach reads - magazines, books, and buckets and shovels for building a sand castle. You are welcome to use them! RULE: Please kindly rinse or brush off the sand before returning the items to the closet. (See below)
19. POST-BEACH VISITS – There is a garden hose on the patio to the left of the Front Door for washing the sand off your feet, swimsuit, chairs, etc. and a handy brush. There is a hamper in the foyer for wet towels, etc. I will launder them, and return them to the "Beach Closet".
20. BEACH CRUISER BIKES – I have three, and you are welcome to use them. They have Sawgrass Decals, a cable lock and a bungie cord for strapping on your beach towel. Ask me for the combination codes. You are permitted to park the bicycle at the Sawgrass Beach Club, but not your car.
21. EMERGENCY EXITS – The Front Door, or jump in the lake. Swim faster than the gator. No, I'm not kidding.
22. FLASHLIGHTS, EMERGENCY LIGHTING & SPARE LIGHT BULBS - An LED flashlight is provided on your nightstand, nightlights in each room, bathroom and hallway.
23. FIRST AID KIT – First Floor Foyer Vanity
24. FIRE EXTINGUISHER – First Floor Utility Closet
25. PLUNGER - First Floor Utility Closet (Please report any leaks or drain clogs to me immediately!)
26. CLEANING TOOLS, SUPPLIES & SPILL KIT – FIRST FLOOR UTILITY CLOSET - is stocked with a Shark vacuum, portable hand vacuum, brooms, mops, dusters, bucket, cleaning products and cloths, insect spray and tools. FOR SPILLS: Use only FOLEX spray, and a rag! This also removes red wine – just spray and continue to blot.
GUEST BATH - There is All-purpose spray cleaner, sponges and paper towels under the vanity.
27. LAUNDRY CENTER (Upstairs hallway) - There is a Washer and Dryer, Ironing board, iron and various cleaning products. You are welcome to use them for $5 per load which includes liquid detergent and a fabric softener sheet. The dryer has a very loud buzzer to alert you when the clothes are dry.
28. VISITING PETS NOT ALLOWED - for respect for my resident cat Bud, but he will adopt you, and offer up a good cuddle and a very loud purring!
29. WORK HABITS - If you must work during your visit, please refrain from setting up your laptop and office files on the dining room table. This is a shared space and utilized for meals. Your Guest Suite has a chair that can be pulled up to the table/desk and I have equipped the drawers with basic office tools – stapler, tape dispenser, calculator, paper clips, note pads, post-its, pens, pencils, etc. for your use. Guests LOVE the screened veranda for the solitude and tranquility, and love to take their laptops and iPads there to write and surf the web.
30. THIS IS A SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT, SO SMOKING OF ANY KIND IS PROHIBITED ON THE PREMISES. THANK YOU!
Cris must have some Italian blood in her because she was so warm and gracious. She greeted me with open arms and a glass of wine! What more can you ask! Her place was spotless and bright with spectacular water views! Better than a B&B because you have the use of the kitchen and she provides you with breakfast!! I would definitely return if I'm in the neighborhood! Mille Grazie Cris...sei un amore! Ti mando un forte abbraccio!
Wow! What a remarkable experience. This was my first time using Airbnb and I am an instant convert. Cris' place was excepional. You can tell she genuinely loves people and likes being a hostess. That said, she did not intrude. I felt very comfortable. I travel some alone and it was nice to have a place that felt warm and inviting. The room/home was beautifully furnished and spic and span neat. Cris had things thoughfully labled and organized so I had no questions that were unanswered..everything from tv operation to wet towel storage and beach access. I will definitely come and stay in this villa again. It is the perfect place to unwind and unplug. It is also excellent access for golf and beach vacations. I can't leave out Bud, the cat. He was an excellent host as well, friendly yet unobtrusive.
Cris is an exceptional host. She really enjoys accommodating and taking care of people, so everything you need - you will get in Cris's home. This is truly like coming to stay with your friend or relative, she instantly becomes one. As much as she is caring, she is also very tactful, and leave guests to their own when its needed.
I stayed in a Sleeper bedroom 1 night, and then Chris moved me to her suite without charging me extra money - the difference between small room for one person and her gorgeous suite. Immaculately clean and beautifully decorated, with great bed and nice bedding…it is very romantic and comfortable room.
On the third day staying at Chris's my boyfriend joined me for the rest of my road trip, and Cris asked me if I want her to do something special for our reunion. It was so thoughtful, she actually bought a bottle of wine for us and put it in our refrigerator. I was very touched.
I also want to mention that the area is great, it is very close to the beach and close drive to St. Augustine - town with so much history, romance, great restaurants and famous million Christmas lights!
Elena, you were a true delight to host, and what a lovely woman you are! My only regret is that you could not have stayed longer so we could become better acquainted, but I am sure our paths will cross again. Thank you for your lovely review! I am so happy that you and Shane enjoyed your stay, and I cherish all of the sweet little hand-written notes you both left for me on the message boards throughout the house - I found them ALL! I plan to leave them there for all new guests to enjoy! Thank you Elena and Shane, and hurry back soon! Love and Merry Christmas! : )
My first experience with airbnb could not have been better. The southern hospitality started with the first email and never stopped. Cris is a very special person; once you meet er you will know this. Great sense of humor, always a smile, ready to do whatever it takes to make your stay as perfect as it can be. I travel 80% of the year, so when I say Cris runs a first-class operation please take my opinion as a qualified one. Cris: Thank you again for your gracious hospitality and open arms to this traveler on Thanksgiving; and for ensuring my stay in Ponte Vedra was everything it could be. I had a wonderful time and will be seeing you again someday soon... as will others in my circle.
It was a wonderful experience in a nice, quite gated community. Cris is an amazing host with lots of experiences. It was great to have available all of the supplies needed to go to the beach.
Best experience! Not only the place is beatiful but you get to meet Cris, who is a very special person. You'll feel like home and would enjoy every little detail, Cris is the best host and her caring and positive energy are really inspiring.
YOU WILL NOT BE ANY MORE COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN HOME! How many superlatives can one cram in to one review? Cris and her Air BnB lodging in Ponte Vedra Beach deserves them all! Her place is exactly as described and more. The peacefulness of it all describes description. I visited the area on business, and the work I do can be very stressful. She at once made me to feel so welcome, so nurtured, that my stresses simply melted away. Her place overlooks a very serene and beautiful section of the Sawgrass Golf Club that has it directly on the water. Close to everything that north Eastern Florida has to offer the Atlantic Beaches were scant minutes away. But I must come back to Cris the person. She is truly the quintessential hostess who absolutely revels in making her guest feel welcomed and at home. Learning she was from the South I tongue in cheek hinted at a special dish my mother, also from the South used to make for me. Low and behold, the next morning she had a breakfast set on the table to die for to include that dish! I felt I wouldn't need to eat the rest of the day! Yet as much as she nourishes and nurtures, she somehow knows exactly when to be part of your visit and when to fade back. She is truly the finest hostess of any lodging at which I have stayed in my entire life. Bravo to you Cris, I feel compelled to plan business in the area again just to be soothed and cared for by the very best. Do not miss staying with Cris even if the purpose of your visit is some distance away. It will be one of your most memorable visits ever. Cris is an Air BnB superstar and I cannot recommend her and her place strongly enough.
This host has 44 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I'm excited to welcome you as my Guest, and introduce you to the local culture of this gorgeous, natural coastal area! While I've been hosting and entertaining for years, when I discovered Airbnb in February of 2013, I fell in love with the concept. My long time friends who know me well, say that they feel as if they're in a "Bed & Breakfast" when they visit me...truly the ultimate compliment! I know it's all about "southern hospitality". I am a very nurturing host, and with my passion for decorating, cooking, and socializing, I'm confident that you'll feel right at home in my tranquil space. My work and hobbies keep me engaged, so you will enjoy plenty of alone time. I am attentive, but not intrusive. I will welcome you upon arrival and will be delighted to show you around the area.
I was born and raised in Atlanta, where I spent most of my life, before moving to Ponte Vedra Beach 7 years ago. I'm single, and share my space with my cat Bud who thinks he is a dog, after having been raised with two 100 lb. yellow Labs.
While in Atlanta, I worked in the corporate world as I do now, and have owned my own part-time interior design business for 32 years which has enabled me to embrace my passion and build three custom homes, and renovate numerous others. Several of my interior design projects were featured in Atlanta Homes magazine. Airbnb hosting is the perfect creative outlet for me, as I'm very much a "domestic goddess" and it satiates my entrepreneurial spirit.
I traveled the U.S. from coast-to-coast, Canada and Puerto Rico with my husband before losing him to cancer 10 years ago. I later traveled to the Bahamas, and Positano, Italy on the Amalfi Coast, Naples and Rome. Italy is my favorite destination thus far, and Tuscany, Venice and Florence are next on my list, as are Paris, Belize, St. Maarten, Costa Rica, California wine country, The Adirondacks, and the Grand Canyon. There are many destinations I long to visit, and being an Airbnb host enables me to meet new people, learn about their cultures and share their travel experiences before embarking on my own. I will definitely utilize Airbnb for my lodging!
I'm currently in marketing in the golf industry, to promote the game of golf, the preservation of golf history, and honoring golf's greatest contributors. My profession enables me to work closely with the PGA Tour, PGA Tour Canada, LPGA Tour, Champions Tour, Web-com Tour, European Tour, and serve as liaison for professional golfers when they are visiting locally. I also coordinate marketing through the Florida Visitors and Conventions Bureau and the Florida Attractions Association to promote tourism, so I can provide you with plenty of brochures, maps and suggestions on fun things to do if sunning, swimming, shelling, and hunting for sharks teeth isn't quite enough!
In my spare time, I play piano and guitar, and enjoy painting, drawing, sewing custom decorative items for the home, reupholstering, refinishing and repurposing old furniture. I enjoy gardening, fishing, gourmet cooking and entertaining, trying new wines, traveling and exploring new places, and meeting new people from different cultures. But most of all, cultivating new friendships, and expanding my cherished circle of friends that I've met as an Airbnb host.
As your host, I am extremely friendly, casual and laid-back with a zany sense of humor. I've lived through a lot of stuff, so not much bothers me. I will treat you like family from the moment you arrive, so don't be shocked if you run into me in my PJ's at the coffee pot in the morning or grabbing a late night snack...that's just how I roll. Life is too short to worry about the small stuff. Feel free to be yourself and make yourself at home while you are here. I am more like a sister, best friend, or your aunt. You are here to experience what it's like to live like a local in my coastal area home, so experience and see what you can. My goal is to make your stay the BEST, most COMFORTABLE, and most MEMORABLE Airbnb stay EVER! I love Airbnb "newbies" as I lovingly refer to first-timers, and I will convert you!
A few of my favorite things...
FAV MOVIE - "Under the Tuscan Sun". Diane Lane takes a spontaneous trip to Tuscany after a divorce, falls in love with a Tuscan villa, buys and renovates it. I could SO totally do that!
A FAV BOOK is, "Unpacking your Bags" about detaching yourself from so many possessions, so you live a simpler, less stressful life and gain freedom to travel without excess baggage. (Hmnn....I need to work on that!)
FAV SHOWS - I love Modern Family, and don't laugh, but "The Millionaire Matchmaker" on the Bravo Channel. It's hilarious, and ironically, I've picked up a few really great dating tips! My latest favorite shows are always on HGTV and the Food Network - "Fixer Upper" with Chip and Joanna Gaines, and "The Pioneer Woman" with Ree Drummond. I love the rustic wholesome way of life, creativity and inspiration!
FAV MUSIC - Tommy Emmanuel, Mumford & Sons, Bruno Mars, Lady Antebellum, Adele, Eric Clapton, The Stones, Tom Petty, Miranda Lambert, Dire Straits, B-52's, Tim McGraw, Pink Floyd.
FAV COMEDIAN OF ALL TIMES...George Carlin. He was a genius, and I miss him terribly. I still watch and listen to him, laugh until I cry and my abs ache. My favorite episode was entitled "Stuff".
FAV FOOD - Don't know why, but I just love Broccoli. And Coastal cuisine - anything with claws or fins...Crabcakes with a Buerre Blanc sauce and Corn Relish, Firecracker Shrimp, Bang Bang Shrimp. My grandmother Nellie from Maryland who lived to be 93, made the best crabcakes EVER!
A FEW OF MY LIFE MOTTOS...
*Live life as if each day were your last, dance as if no one were watching, keep your heart open to new friendships and love.
*Perform at least one good deed every day.
*The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude.
*Laughter is the best medicine, so over-medicate every chance you get!
*It's okay to eat your dessert first.
*Don't trust anyone your cat or dog doesn't like.
MY FAVORITE QUOTE...
Frederico Fellini: "You have to live spherically - in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm - and things will come your way."