A furnished large bedroom about 11' x 14' located in the middle of this house on the 2nd floor with a full size bed and 1 shared bathroom is available for rent on a nightly $60, weekly $275 or monthly $550 basis with a $10 cleaning fee (a 3% Credit Card Fee and 6-12% Airbnb Guest Service Fee are added to these rates). Message me for long term multiple month rentals.
This nice 4 bedroom home is on a quite street on South Side Easton, PA.
This home has 1 permanent gay male tenant, so it is LGBT and Straight friendly.
The room also has 1 large closet and 1 small closet as well as a dresser and night stand. A desk and chair are available (on request) as well.
This room is great for local and international students or interns. I have lot's of experience with both of these groups and can help them out with their first time experiences in America.
This room and home are for you if you consider yourself a neat, clean, responsible and respectful person. If you do not fit into these categories, you will not be happy here and should keep looking. Seriously! There's 1 shared bathroom that you must keep clean as well as all other shared living areas.
This is a drug free home and drugs will not be tolerated at all!
There are no pets here and renters are not allowed to have any. FYI: I do sometimes dog sit a poodle for family when they are on vacation. If you have allergy considerations, please let me know.
This is a non-smoking home. Renters who do smoke, must do so outside where they can enjoy our large covered front porch or side deck. Cigarette butts must be placed in the garbage and not left on the ground around the property..
Renters also have use of the other spaces; kitchen, dining room, living room, laundry room (washer and dryer) basement for storage and small gym there (weight bench and stationary bike) as well as the large fenced yard.
We also have a nice 28' x 28' vegetable garden in the summer.
On street parking is plentiful on my street.
My home is a short 4 block walk to the local LANTA bus stop for route #106 and #216 on St. John Street. Please see their website for full details.
It is an easy 15-20 minute walk to the Easton downtown center square where the main bus station is as well as shops, bars art galleries and restaurants.
Buses are about 2 hours from Easton to New York City and Philadelphia.
Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) is a 20 minute drive, Newark Airport is a 1 hour drive and Philadelphia Airport is 1 1/2 hours drive.
I can show visitors new to the area around in the evenings and weekends.
I go to bed around 11pm during the week and later on weekends. This is not a party house. Please be considerate.
We have plenty of extra sheets and blankets for those cold winter nights and fans for the hot summer ones.
See pics for a look and message me with any questions.
I hope you'll consider staying here and I look forward to meeting you.
PS - Please read the House Rules tab.
The Lehigh Valley metropolitan area is the third most populous region in the state of Pennsylvania and has much to offer locals and visitors to the area:
Within walking distance from my home (Easton, PA & Phillipsburg, NJ):
- Easton Center Square (town center)
- Easton Farmers' Market (Saturday mornings & Wednesday evenings)
- The Crayola Factory at Two Rivers Landing
- National Canal Museum
- The Weller Center for Health Education
- State Theatre Center for the Arts
- Sigal Museum - Northampton County Historical & Genealogical Society
- Hugh Moore Historical Park (Canal Boat Ride)
- Delaware River Railroad Excursions (Train Rides)
- Lehigh and Delaware Rivers
- Lafayette College
Within a short drive from my home (Bethlehem, PA):
- ArtsQuest SteelStacks Center (Musikfest Cafe and Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas)
- Sands Casino Resort and Events Center
- Musikfest (Music festival held for 10 days in mid-August)
- Moravian Museum
- National Museum of Industrial History
- Museum of Indian Culture
- Banana Factory Arts Center
- Chrstkindlmarkt (Christmas Festival open Nov - Dec)
- Zoellner Arts Center (at Lehigh University)
- Burnside Plantation (American agricultural life)
- Godfrey Daniels Coffeehouse (Folk, jazz, blues music)
- Steel Ice Center (Ice skating)
- Dutch Springs Quarry (SCUBA Diving)
- Lehigh University
- Moravian College
- Northampton Community College
Within a short drive from my home (Allentown, PA):
- Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (amusement & water park)
- Allentown Art Museum
- America On Wheels (Cars)
- Da Vinci Science Center (Kids)
- Allentown Fairgrounds (The fair is Labor Day weekend)
- Civic Theatre of Allentown
- Lehigh Valley Grand Prix (indoor go kart facility)
- Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs (Baseball at Coca-Cola Park)
- Mack Trucks Historical Museum
- Lehigh Valley Mall
- Muhlenberg College
- Cedar Crest College
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
Within a short drive from my home (Other cities/towns):
- Lehigh Valley Wine Trail (various local wineries)
- Lehigh Valley Zoo (Schnecksville)
- Lost River Caverns (Hellertown)
- Crystal Cave (Kutztown)
- The Rodale Institute Experimental Farm (Kutztown)
- Martin Guitar (Nazareth)
- Roxy Theatre (Northampton)
- Northampton Community College (Bethlehem Township)
- DeSales University (Center Valley)
- Phillipsburg Mall (Phillipsburg, NJ)
- Promenade Shops (Mall, Center Valley)
- Valley Preferred Cycling Center (Bike racing)
- Shankweiler's Drive-In (Orefield)
- Becky's Drive-In (Walnutport)
- Bushkill Falls (Bushkill)
- Das Awkscht Fescht (Antique and classic car show Macungie)
- Hawk Mountain Sanctuary (Kempton)
- Koziar's Christmas Village (Bernville)
- No. 9 Mine & Museum (Tourist mine Lansford)
- North Summit Climbing Gym
- Roadside America (Model train exhibit Shartlesville)
- Jim Thorpe
- Pocono Mountains
- Various ski resorts
- DeSales University (Center Valley)
- Penn State Lehigh Valley (Center Valley)
- Lehigh Valley College (Center Valley)
See the Discover Lehigh Valley website for more on the area.
Kevin is a fun, friendly, considerate and organized host. He knows what he is doing and how to run a house and home. We chatted, we joked, he shared info about the local area. I really appreciated the way Kevin keeps house.....clean and comfortable, the patio and yard and porch are great to spend time in! I look forward to returning someday.
Awesome! Kevin was a great host and his place was great to stay at! Will definitely consider staying at his place when I am back in the area! For the price, location, cleaniness, and awesome host - it's definitely worth every penny! Thank you!
Kevin is one of the nicest Americans I've ever known. He is funny and his house is clean and so relaxing in a quiet neighborhood.
Because I'm a foreigner and it was my first time in Easton, he let me know the area around the city by inviting me to some events like "demolition derby" in New Jersey which was really great. He also taught me how to cook sometimes. His other housemates are also nice.
Really nice to know them.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.