About This Listing
AS OF APRIL 2015... COMPLETELY REDONE and NEWLY FURNISHED. No more maintenance needed! Looking for long term rental starting mid august.
Renting long term including EVERYTHING.. all utilities, cable, wifi, a/c.
RENT FROM A NATIVE NEW YORKER! Why?
I make your trip to NYC easy!
I rent out my entire TRUE REAL TWO BEDROOM with washer/dryer in the apartment, television in each room,, highest speed internet possible, wifi, linens ... ALL INCLUDED! :) You have the entire apt to yourselves :)
• I can get you tickets to off-broadway, comedy, jazz for $10
• I can get tickets for some Broadway shows for about $45
• A HAMMOCK in the apartment for you to swing the day away!
• A true TWO bedroom.. not a fake wall thrown up to make it into a 2 bdrm
• WASHER DRYER IN THE APARTMENT! NO NEED TO PAY FOR LAUNDRY!
Each bedroom has internet, wifi, and cable TV with a flat screen as does the living room!
It's an amazing two bedroom located in a gorgeous HISTORIC building on the Upper East Side. Apartment includes Washer/Dryer in the apartment, wifi, linens, etc.
- You are IN manhattan... WALK EVERYWHERE! :)
- 13 minute walk to CENTRAL PARK, MET. Museum & Whitney.
- 10 minute cab to the Greenwich Village
- 7 minute walk to Subway (takes you to Times Square in 6 min)
- 5 minute walk to Gracie Mansion and Charles Shutz Park
- 2 minute walk to over 290 restaurants
- 1 minute walk to three different buses
- Wireless Internet
- Extremely Safe. Private Security Monitored at night.
- Video entryway
- Great view from the roof of the river and the city!
- Flat screen 28 inch TV and internet.
- Floor to ceiling windows for tons of sun during the day
- Exposed brick !
- Fully Furnished * Stainless Steel Appliances *
A more longwinded explanation of the apartment …
A bit about the apartment, it is a two bedroom with 3 floor to ceiling windows (one in the bedroom and two in the living room). The apartment is very clean, in a very safe neighborhood and looks great.
The second bedroom is small, but has a wall to ceiling window in it, as well as exposed brick, air-conditioning, and full size Sealy bed. It also has a large closet and three small dressers to put your things in.
The kitchen will be stocked with plates/dishes/cups/cutlery etc, as well as pots and pans. We installed new cupboards, new sink, new stainless microwave, and redid the butcher block countertops year.
The floors are parquet wood flooring throughout the apartment and there are two areas where the wall is exposed brick, so it provides you with a great look and an attractive apartment.
There are also bookshelves, coffee table, brand new leather couch, chaise lounge, and ottoman, small dining area, ceiling fans, and air conditioner. There are several plants in the apartment as well to give it a homey feel.
The Upper East Side is incredibly safe with no problems as far as crime or drugs etc. You can feel safe walking around at night when coming back late from work without a problem.
The building does provide a night security officer who monitors the area at night to ensure safety, but if you speak to anyone about our neighborhood they will confirm that there are never any problems.
I am close to everything ... with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd avenues being a 3 minute walk away and literally thousands of restaurants and bars of all different tastes, from Italian, Ethiopian, Peruvian, Argentinean, American, English, French, Middle Eastern, Vegetarian, Sushi, etc. Literally there is everything right near by. If you would like to see.. you can go to (website hidden) and see all the 546 restaurants that are in our neighborhood alone.
Central Park, the Met, the Guggenheim, are all a 13 minute walk away or a 3 minute cab ride. All areas of the city are completely accessible without a problem via cab, bus, or subway. There is even a taxi stand right nearby that takes you to Wall Street/Downtown in 10 minutes for only 6$ a person.
Anyway ... hope that helps ... if you have any other questions please let me know. I will try and get back to you right away.
QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE:
1. Are Linens Included?
Yes... clean and new linens are provided for you.. no worries about having to bring that with you. Save the space in your bag! :)
2. Do you provide me with keys for the apartment?
Yes.. I provide you with two sets of keys ... and have family in the city to help you if you locked yourself out.
3. Is a laundry mat nearby?
No need.. since I have a washer and dryer in the apartment
4. Is there any additional fees?
No.. I don't charge any extra fees.. as a lot of other places do.
5. How do I know if the apartment is going to be clean?
I have a cleaner come in between guests... ALL PAID BY ME ... so no hidden cleaning fees for you.
6. Can I cook and use the kitchen?
Cook your heart out!
7. Are there a lot of stairs to get into the apartment/building?
I live on the first floor.. and so there are exactly 6 small steps to get into the apartment. I have had elderly persons rent the apartment who were concerned about stairs.. but it isn't a problem at all.
8. Do you have wifi?
There is also wifi if you bring your own computer.
ANYWAY... whew.. long winded perhaps.. but I hope that helps. Feel free to contact me and ask any questions you may have
My parents live here and we ask that you are respectful.
SIMPLE HOUSE RULES:
1. There is NO SMOKING in the apartment. I am very allergic so can not have anyone smoking in the apartment. Please go outside if you need to smoke :) Sorry for the inconvenience.
2. ONLY guests who are registered on the reservation are allowed in the apartment. Make sure to reserve for the amount of people that will be staying. If you have others stay in the apartment, your contract will be void and you will be asked to leave without a refund.
3. All guests need to provide a copy of an identification, as the building wants to know who is residing in the building.
4. No pets (I am highly allergic - so sorry)
5. The apartment should be returned as you found it:
- In same condition you found the apartment
- All garbage thrown out
- All dishes washed.
6. If you break/destroy something, you need to alert me to the fact as soon as possible. We reserve the right to take out charges for repairs/damages from the security deposit.
7. Unless discussed previously with the owner in writing, check-in is at 3 pm and check out is at 11 am. If you do not abide by this, your security deposit will not be returned.
If you do not follow these rules,, your deposit will not be returned. (This has NEVER happened but have had several people not follow the simple rules.. sorry :D)
Our host was attentive when I emailed before arriving, but when we arrived, he was in Porto Rico and didn't respond to calls, emails in a timely manner. When he finally did, he sent a friend to try and help us with the safe (no instructions), television sets in the bedrooms that didn't work, lack of advertised computer, phone. And you'd better like who you're travelling with as the bathroom door doesn't shut. Advertised as just two blocks from the subway, it was still a 15min walk. Said the apartment was fully stocked, but was empty except for a couple of things left over from the person before.
This was my first time trying Air bnb so i was a little unsure what to expect. We had very good communication with Roberto from the first e-mail and we received good descriptions of getting to and into the apartment as well as some useful info on New York.
I have been to New York a few times so i knew what to expect from the area. It is a safe park of the city and pretty quiet for New York. It is not in the heart of everything but not too far away. Taxi and Metro travel is cheap so it is not a huge problem getting anywhere.
The apartment is a good size and clean but is a little tired and by European standards in need of maintenance. Overall we enjoyed our stay
We had a wonderful time here. It was in a safe neighborhood and the host was very helpful with any questions we had. The only thing was that the TV wasn't working for the duration of the trip. This wasn't the hosts fault, as this was a technical difficulty with the cable company. This was also very close to many restaurants and bars which also was a huge plus! Thanks a lot Roberto!
We had a great stay in New York and will definitely be back. Ricardo was quick to reply and had a great New York guide ready to go that answered all our questions.
The apartment was very accurately described and photographed. The biggest place we've ever stayed in the city! There was great selection of NY guide books to borrow.
I loved his collection Latin-american "taxi's!"
The neighborhood was what we were looking for, quiet and safe.
Roberto was incredibly helpful - answered all my queries very quickly and also booked tickets on our behalf to an off-Broadway show. The apartment is located in a great area - 15 min walk to Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and less to the subway. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby and a friendly, safe feel to the area.
This host has 125 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Nyc
Hi, I am a native New Yorker who has traveled and lived around the US as well as several places abroad. So, at times I rent out the second bedroom of my two bedroom because I love travelers and hearing all their stories.
I do know a lot of deals in the city, from very inexpensive tickets to the theatre to great places for drinks/food that won't break the bank.
I try and be as helpful as you need me to be.. because I grew up here, I absolutely love it when people visit my city and fall in love with it! I want you to feel relaxed and at home in my place, so feel free to use the kitchen, help yourself to a drink, or ask as many questions as you'd like.
I ask for a copy of the persons identification such as drivers lic. or passport.
Email me if you have any questions.
Amazing museum that offers a look at how the old NY looked, and how immigrants who first came to NYC lived. The tours show you homes dating back over 100 years ago. It truly is incredible.Orchard St New York New York 10002