About This Listing
Flat panel TV, surround sound entertainment system, and Apple TV for your viewing and listening pleasure
villa Moderno is a wonderful, well-appointed condo in the best location in town....right along Calle 12, the heart of Playa del Carmen! Access to prime beach clubs, amazing restaurants, and vibrant nightlife can all be found just steps away all along Calle 12. And with rates as low as $100 a night for this 2 bedroom condo, it's a steal for Playa :-D
Check out these features:
* Sleep off your Playa fun atop some feather top mattress and high quality linens in villaModerno's 2 bedrooms, outfitted for up to 6 guests. There is 1 Queen bed in the master suite, and 2 double beds in the second bedroom. For those guests that need it, the property management company can provide a crib.
* You'll find plenty of bathroom space to spruce yourself up in the condo's 2 full bathrooms. 1 bathroom is en suite with the master bedroom, and the other is accessed off the main living space.
* Free WiFi and free phone service will keep you plugged in when you need to be. If you have ever consider working from Playa on an extended trip, it would be a snap with this high tech setup!
* Planning to entertain yourselves or a crowd? It's a piece of cake with the fully equipped kitchen and living space. The kitchen contains everything you need to whip up a meal, stir up a cocktail, or maybe just brew some coffee. In the living room you will find a nice flat panel TV, a surround sound DVD system, and an Apple TV to stream your iPhone/iPad/iPod's music and movies. You can even access your Netflix account from the Apple TV for those nights you just want to relax with a movie!
* In case you are hoping to pack light, or maybe just re-wear that fabulous top...mid-stay washing is a breeze with the in-unit full size washer and dryer.
* You'll find space to relax outside (it's why you're coming to Playa, right?!?) just steps away in the courtyard with there is a pool, sun deck, and a soothing waterfall. You'll also find a private terrace accessed from within the condo, complete with small jetted plunge pool and hooks to use our hammocks.
* Peace and quiet can be hard to find in Playa del Carmen, but you will find no shortage of serenity at villaModerno. Our condo overlooks the lovely central courtyard of the complex and not the street. So once you have slipped through the front gate of the complex, and meandered through the courtyard to your front door, you really will be able to truly escape the hustle and bustle of Playa.
* If you are arriving with a car for your Riviera Maya explorations, you'll find another uncommon feature for central Playa del Carmen: free on-site parking! And if you won't be having a car, no worries, you can walk everywhere in Playa, taxis are everywhere, and there is also abundant bus service and tours going anywhere you would want to go.
You really can't beat the value you will find at villaModerno. Please message us with any more questions about the condo, Playa del Carmen, or anything else you would like to ask to help you plan a fantastic vacation!
During your stay, please keep in mind the following house and building rules:
1. NO SMOKING. Please refrain from smoking anywhere within the condo.
2. No Pets: Pets are not allowed inside the condo.
3. Limit noise: Please refrain from playing loud music or making noise after 11PM to respect the other residents of the building.
4. No parties. Parties are not allowed in the courtyard common areas or in the condo. Hosting a large party (more than 10 people in the condo) will lead to your expulsion from the unit with no refund of your rental cost.
5. No glass at the pool. Please use the plastic cups provided in the unit for all beverages consumed at the pool, including bottled beer.
6. Obey all posted pool rules. There is a sign with rules next to the pool. Please follow these rules during your stay.
7. No hanging in common areas. Towels are not to be hung out to dry in front of the condo, please do so on the back terrace or elsewhere within the condo. There is also a dryer in the condo you may use for this purpose.
8. Use designated parking. Park only in the designated parking space and display the provided parking permit.
Great location for a home base in Playa del Carmen. Andrew's condo is clean, bright and welcoming and had everything we needed. We got groceries at the Mega and the kitchen was well stocked for cooking and re-heating leftovers. The beds and pillows are very comfortable, nice soft linens, good bath and beach towels, comfortable and quality furniture. We loved being on the first floor with doors opening to the tranquil pool area. Apple TV was nice to have to chill out after a long day in the sun and wifi worked great. Nice to be just south of Av Constituyentes and right off 10 Av - centrally located for easy walking everywhere. We preferred to avoid 5th Ave if we could since it was a spring break madhouse, and there are lots of better places to eat west of it. We are a family of 3 and aren't the partying types. Even though the condo is 1/2 block from the nightclub area and CocoBongo, it was insulated and felt a world away. We rented bikes and felt safe and at home. Andrew was quick to answer questions and everything was very smooth. Edgar from Vimex helped us while in PDC, and he was awesome and super friendly, giving us maps and suggestions. We hope that Andrew doesn't decide to move there full-time any time soon so that we can stay again! Thank you Andrew for opening your home to us.
Perfectly located condo to enjoy a stay in Playa Del Carmen. A two minute walk to all of the action and the beach, while still being in a peaceful and secure location. Very clean and cozy. Check in was a breeze and Andrew was always very quick to respond to any questions. We would definitely stay here again!
Andrew has got it all sorted out! We really enjoyed the apartment, and appreciate how well appointed it was. The WiFi was fast, the apartment spotless, the support staff welcoming and efficient- everything was perfect. It was located close to the 'action', but removed enough for a good night's sleep, close to grocery shopping, and casual or fine dining. The flat is exactly as pictured, communication was easy and I can't think of a single way to improve it! Thanks Andrew
We truly appreciated Andrew's villaModerno! The notes he sent us covered all we needed to know. The appliances worked with no stress, including the Apple TV, which allows for Netflix. The condo is on the first floor, no stairs to climb. The pool is a few feet from the livingroom window, a pretty sweet view. The location of Playa Kaan is ideal. Take a left out the front gate, and in two minutes you're at 5th Ave. Or keep going and in three more minutes you're at the beach. For any problems Vimex is also two minutes away. Just take a right out the gate. But we didn't have any problems, aside from locking ourselves out once., and Vimex had a spare key. Overall, this is a very good deal.
Nous avons passé un très bon moment dans l'appartement d'Andrew. L'emplacement était parfait, l'appartement très propre, très confortable et en tous points conforme à sa description. Nous sommes arrivés tard et nous avons pu récupérer les clés sans problème auprès du gardien. Nous recommandons cet appartement!
Andrew was incredible from start to finish. Even if I had the smallest question, he answered promptly. Being a first time user of Airbnb, I had my share of worries, but he quickly put any worries I had at ease. Thank you again, Andrew!
With an incredible host came an even more incredible and charming home. The pictures do not do this place justice. As soon as you walk in, you feel at home. The location is even more splendid. You're close to EVERYTHING, but you're still nestled a little further away from any noise of 5th and 12th street may cause during the night. My husband and I cannot wait to go back, and we would definitely stay at Andrew's again. :)
About the Host, Andrew
I like to bike it, swim it, run it, dive it, cook it, and design it. I love being outdoors, and when I have to be indoors, I have a need to create. I build online experiences, both professionally and sometimes in my spare time, make a mean Mexican mole, love to tinker with anything Apple, and have a bad addiction to HGTV. I have a passion for Playa del Carmen, which is how we ended up with a place there. Who wouldn't love Playa del Carmen?
For the best, craziest show and night of fun, you MUST go here! Stage performances, acrobatics, fun music, and all you can drink sillyness make for quite a night.
This is THE place for the late night crowd. Party till dawn with the beautiful Mexico City jet set crowd.
Grab a comfy outdoor bed under the stars while enjoying great cocktails and black and white movies projected on to the side of the hotel.
Great people watching spot right along Calle 12. Grab a seat at a table along the street and watch the crowds parading by to enjoy their night out in Playa.
Great group to dive with in Playa. Be sure to have them take you to Las Tortugas to see all the sea turtles!
Dance all night right along the beach, cooling off with the breeze off the Caribbean.
Best place in town to grab a workout. Excellent facilities and classes. You can get day or multi visit passes, perfect for a vacation stay.
Perfect spot for beach-side dining with some delicious food. Try the juicy, huge coconut shrimp, my fave.
For authentic mayan cuisine, it get's not better than Yaxche. Our favorite dish here: Conchinita Pibil. No trip to Playa is complete without it.
For great seafood at bargain prices off the 5th ave strip, head to La Pesca. Our favorite: Fish Veracruz. YUM.
Totally basic space, totally delicious, totally cheap. Grab some arracherra beef at this shop across from the Mega Commercial, you won't be disappointed.
This pin is not accurate, just head to Calle 10 between 5th and 10th avenues to find this gem. Great spot to grab some tasty noodles dishes and the best mojito in town. And swedish meatballs!
If you're seeking a nice pool and really comfy lounge chairs to accompany your chair-side food and drink service, this is the beach club for you.
Great place to stick your toes in the sand, enjoy the beautiful view, get chair-side food and beverage service, and enjoy the DJ spinning great smooth tunes.
Great place for breakfast in a really nice garden setting.