Nice private room that suits two. You share the bathroom and kitchen with my roommate. He just started working after his studies and he will be pretty busy, so you might say that you have the house for yourself for most part of the time. There is an extra mattress, so it suits a couple as well as two friends visiting Amsterdam. The real bed is a queensize bed (140*200). This street is in the Dapperbuurt in Amsterdam-East.
The Wijttenbachstraat is next to the Eerste van Swindenstraat of the main east-west running street of the Dapperbuurt. This is a great multi-cultural neighbourhood and especially the food is really nice: There are many places where you can find great Asian and Caribbean food.
The room is quite spacious (about 20m2) and has television/dvd and wireless internet.
In the neighbourhood you'll find a great daily market, a great park and a train station. The city center is about 10 minutes by bike or tram. This is a great place to get a good touch of Amsterdam! For people on a budget; this is your best bet!
We had really nice stay. Everything as in the advertisment. Communication with Elwin was also very smooth, fast and precise! Thanks Elwin!
My girlfriend and I stayed in Elwin's apartment for 3 nights. The room was perfect! It was clean, quite new and spacious. Elwin is a very kind, interesting and likable guy, and a good host. His roommate was mostly not at home, so we had the apartment for ourselves most of the time. He is very friendly and funny as well. Both gave us really good tips (rent bikes!) on the city during a very nice chat on the balcony. We seriously enjoyed our stay and had an awesome time in Amsterdam! It is truly a beautiful city. Thank you very much for your hospitality, Elwin!
We stayed at Elwin's room for a week and it was perfect! If you want go to city centre you can do it by tram for 10 minutes or on foot for 40 minutes!the room is comfortable and has everything you need!there are supermarkets, park, cafes, coffeshop not far from Elwin's room. Neighborhood (Mikky) is very nice gay, studies and work and we saw him seldom!
Choosing this room,we don't compassionate!!!
Thank you, Elwin, very much!;)
Elwin was really kind and understanding! He made sure that we were settled into his apartment comfortably and he was also really generous to share his DVD collection with us. His room is located in a nice neighborhood and it is in close proximity to supermarkets and food options.
However, do take note that there are steep steps leading up to his apartment, so it might be slightly taxing if you are traveling with heavy luggages.
My girlfriend and I spent a week in Elwin's room and we were very happy about our stay.
The room was clean, bright and looked as on the pictures. The kitchen was convenient and had everything needed. The flat is well situated in Amsterdam, in a quiet area close to public (email hidden)e Dappermarkt, Oosterpark and grocery stores are also just around the corner.
Even if we didn't meet Elwin in person, we were warmly welcomed by his flatmate Michael. We would like to thank both of them and we strongly recommend this place if you plan visiting Amsterdam.
- Elwin is a good host, attentive and hospitable
- The location of the flat is very convenient. Transport connection is perfect.
- problems with heating - the boiler in the kitchen switches off regularly and radiators in the room go ice cold.
- the wardrobe and all the drawers in the room are fully stuffed with the host personal belongings (old shoes, for example), thus you have to store your things either on the table or in your suitcase which is not exactly convenient, especially in case your stay lasts more than one night.
- it is said in the description that we share the kitchen and the bathroom with Elwin's "roommate. He just started working after his studies and he will be pretty busy, so you might say that you have the house for yourself for most part of the time", but: a) several days prior to our arrival we were informed matter-of-factly that the roommate is on holidays and has guests in his part of the house as well. Fortunately, those guests appeared to be two nice Italian ladies, quiet and cleanly but still that's quite a serious discrepancy. Our choice lay between two rooms and we chose Elwin's one just because we were supposed to have one neighbor, the owner of the second room, and not several "guests"; and b) also matter-of-factly we were informed that "Michael's part of the house will be used with some people to celebrate newyears'" and that there should be at about 20 (!!!) guests. It was very nice of Elwin to invite us to join the company but... No, thank you. I leave that without any further comments.
- the bathroom and the toilet are really very small.
As far as our opinion is concerned the room by no means can be considered as a "low budget accommodation", it is definitely overpriced.
Elwin was a nice host who greeted us on arrival and gave us a few tips. The room was large and there are tram stops conveniently close.
Unfortunately we didn't meet Elwin in person but he was very helpful in our up-front mail contact and everything worked out perfectly fine. His flatmate Michael is very nice. The room was tidy and looked like on the photos (and even included towels).
Very good low budget accommodation which we can highly recommend.
Me and my friend stayed at Elwin's for three nights. The apartment is located in a very convenient place, there is a tram stop just outside the building and train station is 5 min of walk away. As for the inside, we literally utilized every inch of the apartment. Kitchen and bathroom are very useful. On top of everything, Elwin is a great host, a well educated man. He was really helpful ever since the day we made our reservation. I would definitely recommend Elwin's.
It was my first airB&B experience and it was great. When we arrived there, Elwin was on a trip abroad, but his roommate, Michael welcomed us. His place is located in the eastern south part of the city and easy to reach by tram. Cyclers were really fierce here so, we decided to use tram instead. When we reached his place, His room was cosy and michael was really kind and explained about the city and transportation etc..
If you plan to visit the city. I recommend his room.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT