About this listing
The Lovers' Landing -- Welcome
This is the lower unit of a two unit house. For larger groups we recommend renting both units. This unit has a full kitchen, dinning nook, large living room, one large bedroom with a queen bed, and one full bathroom. There is a gas fireplace located in the living room of this unit. There is one parking spot included with this unit and additional parking available on the side of the house. There is a gas and a charcoal grill available for your use. This unit also has beautiful and large back deck with sweeping views of the bay.
ALL PRICES INCLUDE THE MARIN COUNTY OCCUPANCY TAX of 10% WHICH WE ARE REQUIRED TO COLLECT.
This house reflects the lives of my grandparents. My grandfather was a master mariner by profession. He sailed in the American Merchant Marine from the 1920s to the 1940s, circumnavigating the globe more than 25 times. His wartime service was as captain of the Liberty ship, SS John Fiske, whose identifying plaque from the ship's bridge is on the eastern exterior wall next to the steering wheel. When they retired in the 1970s, my grandparents chose this location so that he and my grandmother could have a quiet life in the woods, but at the same time could see the horizon and part of the sea.
The tree-top setting is just a half-mile from the town of Inverness with its store, post office, café, and restaurants; and a ten-minute drive from the restaurants, shops and weekend Farmers' Market of Point Reyes Station. Beaches, hiking trails and the Point Reyes National Seashore are within walking distance or a short car ride, and the south-facing deck is sunny and warm all day. But don't take our word for it--read what the New York Times had to say about Salt Water, the local restaurant, and the delights of the wider area. '36 hours in Marin County', 27 Jan. 2013.
We hope that you enjoy our house, enter into its spirit enjoying the views of Tomales Bay, the hills, woods and beaches of western Marin and Elephant Mountain bathed in the ever- changing light of the Point Reyes Peninsula, a very special ‘Island in Time'.
The Chiles/Brock Family
1. Quiet hours are from 10pm to 9am. All activities and noise should be contained inside during quiet hours.
2. Absolutely no parties and only the allotted number of guest are allowed on the property at any given time unless approved by owner. It is possible to have a larger gathering but requires owner approval and may require event permits, depending on the scale.
3. We ask that you please respect this house and property as a no-smoking environment, this includes all deck areas (this is because of fire concerns, Inverness is high risk fire zone). Any remnants of cigarette butts left on property will result in a $50 fine per butt.
4. We also ask that you remove street shoes on the deck or in the kitchen.
5. No pets allowed on the property.
6. Cleaning: Premises will be delivered to Guest in a professionally cleaned condition. Upon termination of occupancy, Guest will deliver the Property in broom clean condition. If Guest does not return the Property in such condition guests will be fined. Specific checkout procedures are outlined in the guest handbook on the property and in point 7 below.
7. Checkout Procedure: Prior to vacating the House, Tenant is required to place all trash and recyclables from the house into the large county collected bins. Failure to comply will result in extra fees to have trash off-hauled by the house cleaner. Please ensure all dishes and cookwares are clean and return any furniture (inside and outside) to its original position. Used beds should be left unmade. Make sure all doors and windows are locked and shut and that the heater or air conditioner has been turned off.
8. Condition of the Property: Guest shall, upon arrival, examine the Property, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures, and landscaping and shall report if any are not in operating condition or are in disrepair. Homeowner will make reasonable attempts to correct the deficiencies. Reporting repairs and/or cleaning deficiencies does not give Guest the right to cancel this Agreement or receive a refund of any payments made; such inspection is to provide the parties with a mutual understanding of the condition of the Property.
9. Outages. Guest expressly acknowledges and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guest does not intend to make the Property a residence or household. The Property occasionally experience outages that are beyond Homeowner's control. Homeowner reports outages as each occurs upon receiving notice of same. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
10. Behavior: Guest agrees to behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. Guest shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and last until 9am. At no point is amplified music allowed outside or shall inside music be played loud enough to be heard outside. Creating a disturbance of the above nature, or exceeding the maximum stated occupancy, shall be grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement. Upon such termination, Guest shall then immediately vacate the premises without refund of any fees.
11. Occupancy Limit: The maximum number of overnight guests is limited to 4. An additional 6 non-registered guests may visit the Property during the day (9am-9pm) at any one time. Children under the age of three do not count against the limits. Exceeding the maximum stated occupancy of the stated limits shall be grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement and Guest shall then immediately vacate the Property without refund of any fees.
12.The upper deck of the house is also available on Airbnb, it is a great option to rent both for larger groups.