About this listing
This modern appartment in Arnhem is situated on the ground floor near the Rhine (just 200 metres!)) and in the centre of Arnhem.
Note: you will have the whole house to yourself!! Total privacy!!!
The train station is on walking distance.
There's a bus-stop in the street and will get you to the centre of Arnhem or Oosterbeek in just 2 mins.
The Arnhem Museum of Modern Art is situated in the same street of the house where you can have your breakfast with a stunning view over the Rhine and Betuwe valley!
There's also a supermarket situated in the street for further need of food. There also is a snackbar, a chinese take-away, a bike store where you can rent bikes, a wine-store and a magazine store for newspapers, magazines, flowers and little presents (all 200 metres away).
There's a big public park in Arnhem (Sonsbeek Park) and of course national park The Veluwe is close by as well as many other museums!
Arnhem is also known for its fashion institute and is just 1 street further, so that's on walking distance.
You like jogging or mountainbiking? There are many routes just located outside the house. Just put on your running -or walking shoes and explore the beautiful nature near the Rhine or the beautiful landscaping at the rim of the town of Oosterbeek!!
Arnhem Zoo (Burgers Zoo) is just 10 min by bus!!!
The appartment itself has typical '30's detailing; stained glass, meticulously detailed brick walls and has a green front and back garden with a porch, flowers and plants. Just sit and ejoy; the front garden faces south and receives natural sunlight all day long!
The interior is modern with a warm twist. It has a big dining table and a spacious sofa.
The appartment is suitable for two (one private bedroom)
There's a large living room (tv, ipod dock, wireless internet included) with double doors to the back garden.
Across the hall you will find a separate toilet. Furtheron you will find a fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, combo-oven, microwave, nespresso coffee-machine, refrigirator).
Adjacent to the kitchen there is a large bathroom with a shower and a separate bath (washing machine and tumble dryer behind sliding doors).
The 2-person bedroom is situated on the second floor and is very quiet. There is no traffic of any kind at the back of the house, so tranquility while sleeping is guaranteed!!
The uniqueness of it all: nature, walking, running, dining and shopping are all on walking distance from this beautiful house!!!
Please note that breakfast and other need of food is not included (except sugar, tea and coffee).
The appartment offers the following amenities:
Free use of:
- Wireless internet (wifi)
- Cable tv
- Linens and towels
- Washing machine/tumble dryer (washing detergent not included)
- Free use of tea and coffee (Nespresso)
- Combo (microwave) oven
- Garden chairs
- Outside porch sofa (in summer)
- 100% privacy!!
Feel free to contact me any time for further questions!
First as well as second floor (bedroom).
You have the whole house to yourself; so total privacy!!!
You will find everything you need while staying in my house in the Oranjestraat, just 200 metres away: Supermarket, Winery, Chinese take-away, snackbar, bikestore and an oppulent newspaper store.
You should visit the beautiful town of Oosterbeek, just 5 minutes away.
- By airplane: Schiphol Airport is and 1,5 hour train ride to Arnhem. Simply take the train to Arnhem from Schiphol Airport. From the Arnhem train station it's just a 10 min walk to my house.
- By car: you can park your car in the street, (either Utrechtseweg or Oranjestraat). Parking is free!!
welcome in my house!
Please read this information carefully!
- Wear slippers in my house; leave your shoes at the front door
- Coffee, sugar and tea are free of use. All the rest is private.
- There is a little freezer in the top of the refrigirator
- The drawer for kitchen and eating utensils is hidden behind the right top drawer right near the combo-oven.
- Important: make sure you clean my house before you leave. That means vacuum cleaning floors and wet cleaning surfaces of bathroom, kitchen and toilet. Hence: leave it as you found it at arrival.
- You can find cleaning tools under the kitchen sink and behind the sliding doors in the bathroom (bucket, mop etc.). You don’t pay for cleaning costs, so cleaning is a must.
- Make sure you turn the heater in the living room back to 10 degrees when you leave.
- Before leaving collect your used bedding goods and towels and place them in the laundry bin under the bathroom sink.
-You can discard the garbage in the black container in my back garden. If it's not there you can leave the bag under the porch.
-Check-out is at 11.
I hope you have a great stay in my house and enjoy Arnhem!
Everything about this place was perfect for us. It is exactly as described in the listing and as soon as we arrived we felt like it was home. Bas made us feel very welcome and was quick to respond to questions that we had. His house is in a great location and we really enjoyed returning there after exploring Arnhem and the surrounding countryside each day. It does feel like home and we did not want to leave. Thank you Bas, you have a great place and you are a very kind and gracious host.
Beautiful house, super cozy and close to parks, nature and to the city center. This lovely typical Dutch place is exactly as seen on the pictures. Bas was always ready to help and made us feel really at home in our first 20 days living in The Netherlands. Thank you Bas!
Bad was easy to communicate with though we did not meet him. Description and neighbourhood were fine.
Bas is very responsive and a great host. Very easy to deal with and was able to rpovide lots of useful information.
His house is lovely, just as you see in the photos, in a quiet area with easy access to Arnhem centre and Oosterbeek. He keeps it very clean and tidy.
We brought our bikes and there is safe storage in his rear yard. The cycling around Arnhem is lovely, particularly the Veluwe and it is surprisingly hilly!
Overall a super place to stay for some fantastic cycling, scenery, museums etc.
Bas heeft het huis keurig achtergelaten voor ons en een welkomstbriefje voor ons klaar gelegd.
Bas' place is very tranquile and clean. We made great use of the garden and everything is close by. We had a very nice time!
Het huis van Bas is prima bevallen. Dichtbij het centrum, erg schoon en een mooie omgeving. Een goede uitvalsbasis om Arnhem te ontdekken!