About this listing
Great house in ideal location for exploring the far northwest of England.
This beautiful house sleeps 6-8 people (see notes below) and has been renovated recently keeping many of the original Victorian features whilst modernising throughout.
* HISTORIC MARKET TOWN * BEAUTIFUL LAKE DISTRICT * COAST-TO-COAST ROUTE *
Large characterful house in quiet hillside area of Penrith with fantastic views over the Lake District. There's lots of different types of wood used throughout the house and a few interesting features that make it a different kind of holiday experience...
PLEASE NOTE that this is a listing for the use of the whole of our house (as per description below), it is a self catering rental and does not include breakfast as our other listings may.
- Large kitchen/dining room
- with dish washer and washing machine
- Lounge with TV/DVD/Audio/Home Cinema
- Bedroom 1 - Double Bed, Sofa and wash basin with views over to Barton Fell
- Bedroom 2 - Twin Beds, TV-DVD, Easy Chair and views towards Blencathra
- Large Bathroom with Bath, Basin, Double Shower & WC
- Bedroom 3 - Double Bed, TV-DVD, wash basin & floor mattresses for an additional 2 persons configured as either 2 singles or a double. Views south towards the Howgill hills and the south lakes
- Mezzanine Lounge above Bedroom 3 with sofa, Piano and fabulous "Mary Poppins" views over the rooftops to the Lake District
SLEEPS 6 COMFORTABLE BUT WILL SLEEP UP TO AN ADDITIONAL 2 PERSONS ON FLOOR MATRESSES. PLEASE CONTACT OWNER IF YOU WISH TO ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS OPTION AS IT IS ONLY SUITABLE FOR CERTAIN PARTIES. THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF £10 PER SET OF BED LINEN FOR THIS OPTION. PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT DINING SEATING DOWNSTAIRS IS LIMITED TO 6/7.
BED LINEN IS PROVIDED BUT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS.
HIGH CHAIR AND TRAVEL COT ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
WELL BEHAVED PETS ALLOWED ON REQUEST - PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE BOOKING.
THERE IS A SMALL CHARGE OF £7/NIGHT PER PET TO COVER ADDITIONAL CLEANING ETC
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROPERTY HAS STEPS TO ACCESS THE PROPERTY AND STAIRS IN THE HOUSE TO ACCESS THE BEDROOMS. THE LADDER STAIRS TO ACCESS THE VERY TOP FLOOR LOUNGE ARE QUITE STEEP.
The whole house and secluded, secure garden laid to lawn and flower beds with a wild meadow section. There is a patio area with garden furniture and gas BBQ.
The greenhouse and garden shed are off limits. Please leave the fruit on the fruit trees as this is our crop of specialist apples.
Interaction with Guests
We may be around and living in one of our other properties nearby so we may well get to meet you at some point during your stay.
Penrith is at the crossroads of the far northwest of England which means you have easy access to a wide variety of destinations: from Hadrian's wall to the NE, the Lakes to the W and the Yorkshire Dales to the SW.
Penrith boasts a mainline railway station and major road connections N, S, E & W.
Outdoor shoes not to be worn inside.
No Smoking on the premises.
No candles or other naked flames to be used.
No deep fat frying
Please leave our home as clean and as tidy as you find it.
Please respect the neighbours and keep the noise levels to a minimum.