About This Listing
This comfortable and functional duplex apartment is located at the base of the Grands Montets ski area (also great for hiking and mountain biking in the summer). The centre of Argentiere is only a 5mins walk away with its many bars and restaurants.
Split across two-levels, the apartment layout is as follows:
- double bedroom
- quad bedroom with one double bed and a set of bunks
- the ground level comprises of a living area with sofa, dining table and a well equipped open-plan kitchenette. There is also a spare WC and a diamond shaped balcony.
The apartment has a dishwasher, washing machine and ample parking, making for a hassle free and adventure-maximising stay! If booking, please read the House Rules beforehand.
Other Things to Note
1) CHECK-IN: This is a private apartment, there is no reception, so please let us know in advance your arrival time so we can arrange for somebody to meet you. Possible check-in times are between 16h00 and 20h00. We can offer a check-in for late arrivals between 20h00 and 23h00 for an additional fee of €30 euros. Check-in will not be possible after 23h00. Any arrival beyond one hour of the pre-arranged check-in time will be charged a €30 euros late arrival fee. Check-out is between 08h00 and 10h00 on your departure day.
2) CLEANING FEE: As stipulated in the pricing details, there is a mandatory additional cleaning fee of €70 euros to pay on arrival. We charge for this separately as a one-off fee per booking because it reflects the true cost of cleaning the apartment between guests regardless of how many days they stay. Rolling this cost into the daily price is not a fair reflection and punished guests who stay longer.
3) LINEN AND TOWELS: This property is rented without the provision of bed linen and towels. Sets can be rented for a one-off fee of €15/person. Please let us know if you will be requiring these and indicate how many people are in your group. As with the cleaning fee, we charge for linen separately as a one-off fee per booking because it reflects our true laundry costs and allows our guests to save on this cost should they wish to bring their own linen. We can provide details of bed sizes where necessary.
Simply treat our apartment as if it is your own and make the most out of your stay!
This apartment wasn't quite what we expected. The photographs looked OK but in reality it was quite run down. Our key didn't work well in the door, we had to leave our bags downstairs as there was no way we could get them up the narrow squeaky staircase. Mel was helpful and the surrounding scenery stunning but I would try and stay in Chamonix town if we returned. I think also for the price, the linen and towels should be included in the price.
This place is really small. We had six people and it sleeps everyone comfortably but the downstairs kitchen & living room is really tight. The kitchen only fits one person at a time. The toilet is downstairs and bedrooms are upstairs which is a bit awkward. Great location for skiing Grands Montets. We never met Oliver but the woman who checked us in was very nice.
Great location between the Grand Montets lifts and the main street of Argentiere. The apartment is located in one of the rather ugly apartment blocks that were built, probably in the 70s, and like most from this era, it is very small, especially if you are a group of 5 or 6. You'd all want to know each other well. It has been cleverly laid out with storage places in every possible space. The apartment was pretty well equipped and there was also good wi-fi which was a surprise as this wasn't advertised. We had no problems upon arrival or departure so overall a positive experience.
We went to Chamonix for an end-of-season weekend, where we had to find a ski domain above 2500 meters to still have some acceptable snow. Les Grands Montets are very good and Oliver's flat is really 1 minute away from the cabins....by walk ! The apartment is quite small but very functional and can easily host 6 people. Highly recommended if you want to ski in Chamonix !
Efficient apartment in a great location in Argentiere. We called it "the boat" because it is custom-furnished and arranged to maximize space and the balcony is "the bow". Worked well for our family of five. Thanks to Oliver who is responsive and helpful.
This host has 26 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Oliver
My name is Oliver - I live in Chamonix and I run Elevated Leisure, a small accommodation and activity business that I set-up 6 years ago. My aim is to make little-used private homes available to those who can't afford a glitzy chalet, but still want to have a traditional mountain experience. My reward is a happy guest who leaves Chamonix in love with the place, who will come back again and tell their friends also. To achieve this, I don't simply find my guests a comfortable and warm bed, I insist on helping them with every aspect of their holiday, summer and winter. I work with only the best local service providers to give my guests the most authentic and unique experience of the mountains possible. I love Chamonix and I love to help my guests explore and enjoy this area as much as I do, because I truly believe it is one of the most amazing places in the world and there are hidden gems to be found, despite it's touristy reputation. I really look forward to welcoming you into one of my homes and helping you discover Chamonix.