We are a group of international students, artists, young and nice people who share a flat. In summer we have some bed places free and we share it with fellow students/artists/young people visiting Venice.
The room is the one in the photo or an other, all places are in shared double rooms, you will have one single bed, one table and one chair, a closet. In the room there will be drying rack, iron and small ironing board.
Breakfast is generally NOT provided, but you can use the kitchen any time and there are cheap supermarkets around.
We also live in the flat and we are doing some progressive renovation, so there can be be a little bit of mess around the flat but of course not in your part of the room, that will be given clean and ready.
POSITION OF OUR FLAT
Our flat is located in Mestre, in the mainland of Venice, not in the part with canals and gondolas. To go to the Historical Center of Venice you have to take the bus or train and takes exactly 10 minutes. Buses run all day and all night, so there is no limit of transport.
The flat is in a strategic position:
- 3 minutes walking to Venezia Mestre train station (all trains stop there)
- 2 minutes walking to the ATVO bus terminal for the airports (VCE Marco Polo and TSF Treviso)
- cheap/free parking area just in front of the building
- we have one private parking space for one car (10 euro extra/day)
- in the surroundings of the flat there are very cheap and good supermarkets and any kind of shops, also ethnic (Indian, Chinese, Bangladesh, African, Russian, ...) plus normal and cheap Italian restaurants (much better quality and lower prices compared to the touristic area)
Buses to/from Venice Historical Center (island part) run all day (every 2-5 minutes) and all night (every 20 minutes), one ride costs just 1.30 euro and it takes just 10 minutes to get there.
It's also possible to get to Venice Old Town by train (less frequent, 1,20 euro).
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Indicative arrival time should be agreed at least few days in advance.
If you don't provide in advance arrival time, we can't guarantee that there will be someone home all day to wait you, we have also our life.
At the beginning of your stay we provide you:
- keys of the flat and keys of your room
- information booklet with maps and info about the city and the flat (in English)
- clean room with fresh sheets, pillowcases, blankets and towels
Shower gel, shampoo and soap for washing machine is available in the bathroom.
At the end of your stay, before 12:00 (noon) you are expected to:
- leave the room reasonably clean
- return they keys provided
- put used bedsheets, blankets, pillow cases and towels in the proper container in the bathroom
If you need to leave your luggage in the flat till your departure you can get an other pair of keys to enter in the flat later in the day.
SHARED AREAS OF THE FLAT
There are two shared bathrooms, with bath tub/shower, washing machine, hair blow dryer. One bath tub is also jacuzzi, if you want to relax after a long day.
There is a big and comfortable living room and kitchen corner, big fridge, WiFi Internet and there is one PC that is available for shared use of everybody.
The living room is available for cooking, talking, partying all day and all night by everybody in a shared way, it is not allowed to sleep on sofas.
SPIRIT OF THE SHARED FLAT
We are all young people who like to enjoy life.
If you share our spirit and you think that renting a room in a shared flat suits you better than one room in a b&b or in a hotel, you are welcome!
We will really make our best to make you feel comfortable and provide all things you might need to live in Venice for few days/ all fresh infos about clubs, restaurants, events, exhibitions, meeting points, ...
You will have keys of the flat and you should feel really like at home!
You can use all the of equipment of the house, washing machine, kitchen, fridge, .... that allows to save lots of money in food, Internet, washing clothes, ..
You can stay on your own or, if you prefer, make friends and participate to common activities, shared dinners together, parties, ...
The base price of each bedplace is 25 euro a day for each person.
If you need a safe parking for your car, with previous agreement, we can provide it.
Contact us for an accurate quote for medium and long stays (more than 1 week) or for extra needs.
Special agreements available for students, artists, ... or young people ready to help in the flat and/or in our artistic activities (we are also on WorkAway).
If you are interested in such opportunities please contact us!
PLEASE WRITE IN YOUR REQUEST
- the purpose and length of your stay in Venice
- arrival date/time/type (train/bus/flight/ship/...) and where you will be coming from
- full names / age / gender / nationality of all people who will stay here
- which languages you speak
- if you have a mobile phone with you on your trip
We are constantly updated on all necessary infos about the city: transport, attractions, events, shows, concerts, open air cinema, nightlife, ...
Our goal is to give you the most updated and fresh information to enjoy your time in Venice, that is not necessary an expensive city if you have the right informations!
For example, you can
- use internet, kitchen, washing machine FOR FREE!
- see one of the few original gondolas remained in Venice FOR FREE!!!
- try the gondola for 2 EURO!!!! Yes, TWO EURO!!!!
- taste a slice of the probably best pizza in the world for 2 EURO!
- drink the best Spritz (venetian drink) or Prosecco with free snacks buffet for 2,5 EURO or with free food (pasta, risotto) buffet for 7 EURO!
- eat the tastiest Tramezzino (famous venetian sandwich) for 1.50 EURO!
- taste the best icecream of Venice, a huge scoop for 1.50 EURO!
- ride the Vaporetto (waterbus) to Murano (glass factories) or to Lido (beach) for just 3 EURO!
- enjoy lots of free concerts, dance parties, events.. FOR FREE!!!
- spend a lovely day in nearby Padova or Treviso for 5 EURO return ticket
- spend a whole day on 5 or more islands of the Venetian lagoon and hopping on and off waterbuses for just 18 EURO
- spend three days in all islands of the Venetian lagoon and beach hopping on and off waterbuses for 22 euro
Are you ready to have a wonderful Venice experience? Come and stay with us! :)))
My experience at Tom's was interesting. He was really hospitable and friendly. I really enjoyed that it was a shared space with other travelers. Although it was advertised as a students flat but Tom isn't a student and no other students live there. Also, Tom really likes to talk about sex and intimate things...so if you're not comfortable with convos like that be prepared to be uncomfortable. Aside from all of that, the place is very close to the train station, cheap food, and your space is clean.
Enjoy your stay with Tom!
Our flat is exactly a student's flat, with shared double rooms, a bit messy, with friends coming in and out, talks till late night, shared dinners....
Tom's jobs and age are clearly written, and it's written also that we share our rooms with travelers in summer, while in winter there are more students.
Elena, Aizuura and Oksana, who are at home here and are here daily, are students.
In our flat there is freedom of speech and freedom of opinion and anyone can say what they like, as soon as they let others express their opinions as well.
When we are around a table talking freely there is no more hosts and guests, we are all on the same level, each one brings on the table the ideas he likes to share with others, else it wouldn't be Airbnb, it would be a hostel or a professional B&B where they treat you as an anonymous client and don't really make friends with you.
Conversation topics are chosen spontaneously by people's interests, with Jessica we talked about sexuality and relationships, as she works in that field and she was the first saying she is very interested in them, with the next guests (a couple from Singapore and a guy from Taiwan) we talked about asian lifestyle, asian families and shared many Italian and Chinese food recipes, with the next guests (a couple from Moldova) we talked about political issues in different countries in the world, with the next guest (a guy from Argentina) about differences in traveling in Europe and in South America, .....
Great follow up on a timely manner. Thank you Tom! Hope to host you when you visit NYC
I can have really precious memory in venice thanks to Tom. I can meet so many young people staying Tom's flat. He is knowledgable and wise man and the best cook in Italia!
He invite me in dinner everyday and his food is the best. I can travel venice really comfortably, tome is neat host. I can learn so many things by Tom. This experience is really memorable to me i can not forget these. Tom, really really appreciate you. I wish i visit your flat once again in my mind.
Great place to stay with everything you need! Tom made our arrival and check in so easy. He even walked with us from the train station! The apartment was clean and cozy. Only a few minutes away from Venice by train or bus.
The reservation was canceled 14 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Tom was great! I came in late and he met me at the train so I wouldn't have to walk alone. My trip was unusual for them because I was there for less than 12 hours, just needed a place to sleep before heading to the airport in the morning. But I know if I was planning on staying in Venice, this would have been a great choice! Tom and his flatmates were very friendly, provided a lot of information, and were right next to the bus stop to Venice to see all the sights! Also a 5 min walk from Mestre station, which is also where you can get the bus to/from the airport. And as a solo girl, I felt completely safe staying here. I highly recommend it!
Tom is probably one of the best hosts you can ever find on airbnb, and you will not regret your stay with him. He really takes care of you and makes sure you enjoy your time in Venice.
Tom was a great host! He had tons of info for me about where to go, what to eat, and how to get there for cheap. The accommodations were fantastic, a cozy bed and a nice little kitchen. I would definitely stay with Tom again when I make it back to Venice!
Great place, great guy, great location, great towel
Great place! Tom and his roommates were very friendly. Tom was nice enough to show me around Venice and took me to gems of the city. I was also lucky enough to have a great dinner at his house with other friends. What a great cook!!!! If I go back to Venice, I will definitely stay at Tom's apartment!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.