About this listing
- The 2 bikes have been stolen :(
- please note that the apartment gets pretty dusty on its own so before you pass judgement and rate it as dirty, please manage your expectations.
Stay in my comfortable room in the middle of Berlin's most vibrant area Kreuzberg. It comfortably fits 2 and comes with 2 bikes (1 big and 1 small..please note), with easy access to major subway lines and pretty much everything there is to see in Berlin.
The room is located in my lovely apartment, equipped with all that you need including a fully fitted kitchen, bathroom with tub, wifi, a laundry room in the basement with washer and dryer...and a very comfortable double bed (I have the same one in my room). Towels, linen all provided. Also, I have an extra phone with a local prepaid simcard in it for you to use as well as 2 bikes you can use to explore the city.
The room itself comes with a double bed, bedside table, touch sensor bedside light, space for luggage, your own closet as well as a large window with a sunny and green view of ivy vines and the sky (no pesky neighbour windows to peek into what you're doing), and of course blinds if you prefer darkness!
My apartment sits one street parallel to the Landwehrkanal, perfect for a jog or just a sit in the sun in summer. On Tuesdays and Fridays the canal banks turn into a frenzy of food, fresh produce and random essentials as the Turkish Market takes over. The burgeoning "cool" area of Kreuzkölln is also just across the canal, with quaint shops, cafes, excellent restaurants and just about anything you would expect from a young and upcoming Berlin neighborhood. There're 2 big supermarkets just across the canal as well, and a 24 hour convenience store just opposite the apartment.
On the other street parallel lies the famous Görlitzer Park, all within walking distance.
Just a couple of minutes walk takes you to the U8 station Schönleinstrasse or Kottbusser Tor, with direct connections to Alexanderplatz and Mitte, or to the U1 station Görlitzer Bahnhof terminating at the "club" station of Warschauerstr (2 stops away and walking distance to Berghain, the Revalerstr. club stretch). Watergate, Club der Visionaire and other clubs are within walking or biking distance (you can use my extra bike). If you prefer the bus, the M29 runs right in front, with access to pretty much anywhere you need to go.
If you want to stay somewhere that's the quiet but right smack in the centre of almost everything, come drop by mine.
You'll have access to your room, wifi, the bikes, the phone, coffee/tea facilities, any groceries I may have at the time. Also, there's a sound system you can plug your ipod/iphone into to annoy my neighbours (who never get annoyed) Pretty much anything will be shared except for my bedroom of course.
I work at home but I'm often out for meetings, but the room's entrances is pretty discreet and you would be more than welcome to lounge in the living area, and I'd also be more than happy to hang out, have a couple of drinks and give you tips if you need. There're quite a few maps I have also which you can use.
**EDIT : PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS INCLUDED IN YOUR BOOKING CONFIRMATION IF YOU BOOK. THEY CONTAIN DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO GET TO MINE FROM BOTH AIRPORTS + TRAIN STATION. **
**ALSO...if you're going to be staying more than 3 days, please try to keep your room in order so that I can occasionally clean it if you're concerned about cleanliness. I don't really feel comfortable prodding your stuff around so if you'd like the room clean, do keep it in order to begin with :) **
You will have access to everything in the apartment apart from my room, but please do keep in mind that the kitchen is not big and is *shared*. I cook alot, and there will be alot of my stuff in it. You are more than welcome to use the kitchen but please clean up after a reasonable time, and please do not cite the kitchen being unclean when it is just well-used in reviews.
Due to bad reviews over what I could say are inflated expectations, I have to list down the following:
1. The apartment is rather dusty, and I respect your space...so please do not expect me to go into your room and clean it up for you. Respect the space you are in, and do not put it on me when you have left the room in disarray.
2. The kitchen is NOT a showroom kitchen. I use the kitchen alot, and I encourage guests to do so as well. If you use the kitchen, I do not mind if you leave stuff in..I will gladly help you to wash them IF I am using the kitchen as well.
3. The sheet and towels may not be 5 star quality, but rest assured they are cleaned at 90deg and dried. The pillows are put in the machine every 2 weeks so do not question their cleanliness.
4. The bathroom is a communal space. I am always particular about cleaning out the sinks as well as the toilet bowl and the tub whenever I am in there. However, if you have long hair and it goes everywhere please try to clean it up if you're bothered (I clean it up anyway when I am in the bathroom) but PLEASE do not expect me to act as your Host and Maid at the same time. I do what I can, but please...most of all..
IF YOU MAKE A MESS, HAVE THE DECENCY TO CLEAN IT UP before you leave me a bad review on cleanliness. You are staying in my home, not a hotel.
Interaction with Guests
I'm here to answer any questions, but I tend to leave you to your own privacy unless you want to hang out, which I'm more than happy to do so.
If you have a problem, I would really appreciate asking me about it instead of pretending everything is fine and putting everything in the review later.
Other Things to Note
Ladies, please note that I don't have a hairdryer (for now) so if you need one, do bring it along with you
* Please no shoes in the house.
1. If you use the kitchen, please clean up after.
2. Always lock the bike if you're using it, wherever you are.
3. No parties
4. Respect my stuff, please don't move things around or break anything.
5. No entering my room.
6. No smoking in the room, only in the living area with the balcony door open or out on the balcony.
7. Lock any bike securely anywhere you go.
8. You're welcome to my groceries, but please do ask before consuming them, and be reasonable about replacing items if you've finished or almost finished them.
9. If you are checking out late, please do pack and move your stuff out of the room by 2pm so I can clean the room and do the laundry.
10. Always ASK before you use or move anything...I'm really easy, and I never mind but I appreciate asking. This applies to bringing unregistered guests home too.
11. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THE KEYS. If you lose them or mistakenly take them with you, it's going to cost you at least €150 to change the entire lock.
12. MAKE SURE YOU READ THESE RULES