About this listing
This private studio apartment brownstone apartment is the perfect home away from home. With its original details and light filled room, this cozy unit is a one of a kind space.
This cozy space is a fully renovated studio nestled in the heart of land marked Stuyvesant Heights, and an enclave of Bedford Stuyvesant.
The space on the parlor (2nd) floor of a brownstone and is located directly across the street from the A train and only four short stops to Manhattan (lower).
The unit is fully furnished with lots of natural light and designed with you as the guest in mind. From crisp, white, high thread count sheets to a wall mounted flat screen TV, free WiFi, this unit offers plenty of amenities.
A fully functional kitchen awaits you where you’ll find dishes and cookware for all your culinary desires.
This space also boasts a renovated bathroom with marble floor tile, a modern vessel sink and spa like amenities. Plush towels, linens and Spa-like toiletries are included.
There are a plethora of culturally diverse restaurants, cafés and bars all a short distance away including Peaches, Beso and Saraghina.
There is a park across the street where you can take in the sights or simply read a book and enjoy some quiet time after a long day of sight seeing in NYC.
The space is cozy and is most suitable for 2 guests. It contains a full size bed.
Check-in is between the hours of 3pm and 7pm. Check-out is at 11am. Early check-in and check-outs may be requested in advance for a fee of $30 but is not guaranteed. Luggage storage may able be requested in advance for a fee of $20 but also is not guaranteed.
My floral design office/studio is right next door which means you'll likely have fresh flowers in the space :)
There is an iron and ironing board in the apartment
Roku TV is provided with HBO, Hulu Plus and Netflix.
Interaction with Guests
I live on the property. Either I or my Mother, Rose, will likely be the one to greet you and to check you in.
Bedford-Stuyvesant, popularly known as Bed-Stuy (sounds like: Bed-Sty) or Stuyvesant Heights, is located in central Brooklyn and nudges up against Williamsburg. A historic neighborhood that boasts pristine brownstones, a tight-knit community and cadre of locally-owned bars, restaurants, cafes and wine bars.
The express A and C trains at Utica Avenue are directly across the street from the apartment. Please sit in the back of the train if you are arriving from Manhattan. I can also offer you a complimentary taxi credit; and you can get a $10-$30 credit towards your first ride. Download the app UBER (in your country) and use the code 5wuv0.
1. I've put a lot of love and care into creating a comfortable space. Please take good care of it and keep it clean!
2. No Smoking in the apartment or within the immediate vicinity of the premises.
3. Please turn off the Air Conditioner, lights and the TV when leaving the room. It is not economical to have it running all day.
4. Any damage done to property or items missing from the unit, will be your responsibility and will be deducted from your deposit.
5. This is New York City, anything can happen! Please know that in the 7 years I have lived here I have never had any security problems. However, please use your new city-smarts when walking around late at night. Stay alert, don't be preoccupied with your phone or ipod, know where your keys are etc.
6. We recycle in NYC so guests are responsible for sorting their own garbage. You will be provided with two garbage bins, one for recycling items (glass, bottles and paper) and one for regular items. Please make sure that you are not mixing recycled and regular garbage.
About the Host, Makini
Born in Trinidad and Tobago and raised in Brooklyn, New York, I am a proud Trinidadian/Brooklynite. I own a boutique floral and event design company that specializes primarily in weddings. I am also an interior designer.
I am so elated to be an Airbnb host! It was my childhood dream to own a brownstone and eight years ago, I made that dream a reality when I purchased this home is historic Stuyvesant Heights/BedStuy. I have put a lot of thought into creating comfortable and well designed spaces that I am really proud of. I look forward to hosting you!!!