About This Listing
This modern, bright, convenient one bedroom flat is on the ground floor, in a safe, gated complex. It is comfortably located in Mountjoy Square, right in the Centre of Dublin, on a gorgeous Georgian Square.
This apartment is in a safe, gated apartment complex . It is a modern apartment built behind a Georgian Facade, located in a beautifully proportioned, exactly square, Georgian Square, with a park in the centre of the square and a playground in the park.
The apartment comprises one bedroom with a double bed, built in wardrobe and a chest of drawers. There is a kitchen/living room too, and the living room is furnished with two sofa beds which can be turned into two single beds. So the apartment can fit a max of 4 people at any given time.
There is one bathroom with a shower.We live on Mountjoy Square, a few doors down from the apartment, so are easily on hand to assist with any problems or issues.
Parking is on street, and metered.
We provide coffee, tea, milk, sugar, juice, eggs, butter and some basics for cooking. We also provide all bed linen and towels - so no need to bring your own.
- Free Wifi
- Wardrobes and drawers with space for clothes.
- Electric heating
- Hot water
- Fridge - Freezer
- Cooking utensils, pots, frying pan, plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and a blender.
- Bed Linen
- International Power adaptor
Helping you to relax:
- Cable TV
- Book library
Helping you to have fun:
- Tourist literature with maps
- Plenty of local knowledge and expertise!
- A cot upon request
- A high chair upon request
- High quality dry dog food upon request with a small surcharge.
What are we near?
- Airport - 40 minutes by the number 41 bus which leaves from the Square and stops on Dorset Street or the airport bus which goes from O'Connell Street, a five minute walk away.
Theatres and concert venues:
- Gate and Abbey Theatres - 5 minute walk
- Olympia and Gaiety Theatres - 20 minute walk
- O2 and Bord Gáis Energy Theatre - 25 minute walk
Museums and Galleries:
- Hugh Lane Gallery, Dublin Writers Museum, James Joyce Centre - 5 minute walk
- Croke Park Museum, Trinity College, Wax Museum, National Leprechaun Museum - 10 minute walk
- Science Gallery - 20 minute walk
- Glasnevin Cemetery, Jameson Distillery - 25 minute walk
- National Gallery, National Library, National History Museum, Natural History Museum - 30 minute walk
- Collins Barracks, Guinness Brewery - 40 minute walk
- Croke Park (home of GAA) - 5 minute walk
Shopping, Eating and Drinking:
- Henry Street, O’Connell Street, Jervis Centre, Ilac Centre, Capel Street, Cobalt Cafe, Paul’s Bistro, Wallaces- 5 minute walk
- Temple Bar - 10 minute walk
- Grafton Street, Georges Street and Stephen’s Green -20 minute walk
Parks and beaches:
- Mountjoy Square - On doorstep
- Blessington Basin
- Royal Canal - 10 minute walk
- Grand Canal - 25 minute walk
- Phoenix Park - 10 minute bus ride
- Clontarf and Sandmount beaches - 10 minute D.A.R.T. ride
- Howth and Dalkey beaches and cliffs - 25 minute D.A.R.T. ride.
If there is anything else that you would like to visit and need the direction to please just ask.
We look forward to your visit!
There is a communal garden, which is gated,and can be accessed by our guests.
Interaction with Guests
I will meet people when they arrive, and show them around the apartment. I also live on Mountjoy Square. If people are staying for more than 3 days, I will try and pop in to say hello and also usually try to meet guests as they leave to make sure everything has gone well and learn any lessons to improve the experience for future guests.
Mountjoy Square is in the heart of the North Georgian Core of Dublin City. It comprises a beautiful square of Georgian Houses set around a park in which there is a great children's playground.
We are within walking distance of the Gate and Abbey Theatre (our national theatre), the Dublin Writers Museum, the Joyce Centre and a host of other attractions. The Hugh Lane Art Gallery (Dublin's municipal gallery) is a 5 minute walk away. This part of Dublin is steeped in history, and features in Joyce's Ulysses. The first Dail (Irish Parliament) after liberation met in no 3 Mountjoy Square and every building has a unique history. The Mountjoy Square Society (of which we are members) regularly organise guided tours of the square and we run events for Open House and Culture Night (in September every year).
The Chinese quarter is in Parnell Street (a couple of minutes away on foot) with lots of up and coming chinese and vietnamese restaurants. This area is vibrant and wonderful and our visitors really enjoy staying here.
You can get around Dublin, which is a very small city, on foot; You can also do a bus tour of Dublin starting in Cathal Brugha Street, three minutes walk away from the apartment.
Other Things to Note
We have a great local italian restaurant in a quiet location and guests often like to eat there on the first night of their arrival, if they are tired. Croke Park , the home of Gaelic Football and Hurling, is just round the corner and boasts a great museum. Our botanic gardens, Dublin Zoo (in the Phoenix Park) are a short bus ride away and the fascinating and little known Glasnevin Cemetary, where many of our historical national heroes are buried, is a short bus ride away - and it has a fantastic museum and geneology section.
I would like you to treat the apartment with respect, act reasonably, do not disturb the neighbours, leave the apartment is good condition. I do allow well behaved dogs to stay, but because we're in an apartment block, they need to know to keep fairly quiet and not upset the neighbours! No smoking in the apartment. and enjoy all that Dublin has to offer. That's about it
Ian was a great host! We didn't arrive until after midnight and he met us at the bus stop to take us to his place. It is only a 10-15 minute walk to the major city centre area. We walked everywhere in the city from the apartment. It had everything we needed for our short stay. Would definitely stay again!
The photos and text on the airbnb website accurately describes Ian's apartment. We found it comfortable, functional and a great base to explore Dublin from. Although we did not actually meet Ian in person we found he was always helpful and quick in replying to our emails and txts.
Location was perfect to walk to O'Connell Street and for restaurants, etc. We enjoyed our stay - apartment was clean and neat and worked well for us for the two nights we were there. Ian left good information sheet for most everything. It would have been good to have a picture of 33 Mountjoy's front gate because it was a bit difficult for the taxi driver to locate since we had no idea what it looked like or where it was.
Great location. Very comfortable unit with everything you need. An easy stroll to the main sights and fun areas.
I stayed in Ian apartment with my daughter and two friends of mine and we had a very pleasant experience. Ian was very punctual and we had good communication with him. The aptm is cosy and essential and is really very close to the city center but very quiet. I recommend it.
This host has 141 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ian
Hi, Ian here. I have taken over from Ann and Bern to welcome you to Dublin.
I am a native Dubliner who has returned to university full time to study business and politics. I am a keen choral singer and love to travel a lot. As Dublin is my home town I enjoy sharing city with visitors.
As a resident of Mountjoy Square myself I can help you out with all the information you need about the area.