About this listing
Beautiful room in a 4-room apartment next to Lausanne main train station, in the classy and quiet neighbourhood of "sous-gare".
We are a couple and have an extra room to accomodate travelers or simply people looking for a short-term accomodation
- Good location, right next to the main train station (~100m)
- Beautiful view of lake Geneva and mountains
- Very bright aparment
- Quiet area
- At walking distance of supermarkets and many businesses
- Train, bus, metro stops at max 3 min. walking
2 bathrooms (one with shower, one with bathtub), kitchen, living room, laundery room (common).
Interaction with Guests
We're not a hotel! If you share our apartment, we love to do things with our guests and help them as best as we can. If we have time, we like to show them around or share a dinner with them. Of course, some guests will want to be left alone and we respect that. We won't insist if we see you prefer independence ;)
The train station area is not the city center so to speak. It is located between the lake-side area, Ouchy (below) and the center (above).
We're lucky to enjoy the convenience of the train station without suffering from the noise of the trains. Our apartment faces the lake and your sleep quality is guaranteed!
In addition to the train station (regional, national and international destinations), there are two M2 Metro stations nearby. The train station is a main bus hub for the city. You can get anywhere from there.
Other Things to Note
Please make sure your profile is filled (picture, a few words about yourself) before submitting your booking request. If you can validate some verifications, it's even better ;)
Also, please remember to include a few words about the reason of your stay, and the person traveling with you, in your reservation request.
Your request may not be considered if these two conditions are not satisfied.
We respect our guests and serve them the best we can to give them an enjoyable experience and a comfortable stay.
In return we are expecting them to respect our apartment and the fact that we are living in it during their stay. The following rules (mostly common sense, but important to mention) should be observed:
1. Smoking is not technically allowed, however nicotine addicts may get their fix only if they do it outside the kitchen window ;)
2. Please don't use the kitchen after 11 pm
3. Guest agree to pay for the replacement of any damaged and/or broken items (amount taken from the deposit). For example: decoration, cushions, kitchenware, linens, towels, new lock if keys are lost, etc.
4. Respect our neighbours as much as we respect them. Please make sure you ring the right door when checking in! (It happened too many times...I'll never stress that enough...)
5. If you snore, do it quietly ;) In other words, try not to make the whole building shake at night and keep noises at a minimum.
I am also asking a small favour to our guests: I may ask from time to times to enter their room to pick up some of my clothes stored in a closet inside the room. I hope you don't mind...
These rules may sound boring but as I said, it is probably only common sense and you won't have to do a special effort to comply with them!