About this listing
Mountain amazement and only a short walk to the family friendly Bucksnort Saloon. Cozy, rustic, and even romantic! Great mountain retreat, walking distance to a fantastic watering hole and exploring only 55 min from Denver!
Mountain amazement and only a short walk to the family friendly Bucksnort Saloon. Cozy, rustic, and even romantic! Great mountain retreat, watering hole and exploring!
There is a propane fireplace, footbridges, and tons of windows throughout the cabin. The little cabin is still a bit rustic, but is quite cozy as it is and has a lot of character.
Full kitchen with stove, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, blender, rice steamer and just about everything else you might need to cook a Christmas feast. There are various spices and staples for use such as eggs, milk, rice, olive oil, etc. depending on the time of year. Yes you will see a big beautiful bathtub in the pictures, but unfortunately our water supply and drainage does not support the use of it = sorry strictly no baths, great hot showers only! We are no longer allowing fires in the wood burning stove. The cabin stays warm with the beautiful propane fireplace and we've found for safety sake we will no longer permit wood fires.
Also, sadly we can only host two humans at a time. The cabin is fabulous but small and we have to manage our resources carefully. I wish we could host larger parties and small families but we have to stick to two people at a time. We appreciate your understanding.
One small but cozy bedroom with lots of windows and a queen size bed. A closet with hangers and fresh linens and towels.
You will get to enjoy the yard and cabin including everything in it. We have Netflix, and wi-fi which run a bit slow at times but generally is pretty good for mountain service. We do not have cable TV.
Check out our other listing... we have just added our Mountain Cottage home to AirBNB, which is just 5 minutes from Red Rocks Amphitheater. It's a great little home if you're going to a show or looking to explore the Lariat Loop by car or bicycle!
The roads are county maintained all but one mile to the cabin. There are residents that maintain the last mile. We have had only one storm in the last 4 years that we couldn't get our 2wd car over the last hill and had to walk the last bit. So,
we feel pretty confident that if you book during the winter, you shouldn't have a problem getting to the cabin.
Our fantastic neighbor helps to cohost since we do not live close to the cabin. We will let you know if they will check you in or where to find the key and they will be available if you need anything at all and of course you can message us anytime.
There is not any public transport that comes to this location. Once you get here though, you don't really want to get back in the car if you don't have to. We have lots to see in this area so stop for food/beverages on your way here and plan on being able to relax.
There is lots of wildlife in the area. We are in such a cool mountain area that feels so remote, yet has times where you feel like you're lucky enough to be a part of the excitement of this unique location. People are very friendly. The Bucksnort Saloon is family friendly so don't hesitate to book the cabin to see some live music or sip a beer with a friend.
Every year, the Forest Service sell permits to cut your own tree in Buffalo Creek (approx 5 mi from Cabin). Kids get to meet Smokey the Bear, you can stop at the Fire Department to get your photo taken with Santa and have some hot coco.
Make a mini-vacation of it and book the cabin! Cutting dates: November 23 through December 9
* Bucksnort changes its hours and days of operation seasonally and sometimes weekly. Please call to find out if they will be open if that is on the top of your wish list during your visit to the cabin.
*The Bucksnort is a big destination location and the area gets many visitors over the weekends. During the week it is much quieter in the area.
* As with many small mountain towns you will likely not have cellular service. You may have limited service depending on your carrier however, you will get service in the town of Pine one mile away.
* The toilet is a brand new clean RV toilet. This mean it works with gravity so it uses less water, otherwise, it's just like a regular toilet. (not a big deal, just giving full disclosure).
* Our mountain location does not have the top of the line internet speed. But we usually have no problems with it.
* We are off the grid as far as water goes. Our water is trucked in and operates off of an electric water pump. But you shouldn't notice a difference from any other house.
* The cabin is about 100 yrs. old and does have low ceilings in the far end of the kitchen and bedroom. If you're over 6'3 you might feel like a mighty giant in those nooks of the cabin.
A note from us: We've loved sharing our little cabin and we've met such a fantastic group of people hosting through AirBnb. I (the wifey wife) especially get warm fuzzies knowing we've made our guests happy and comfy. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make a more comfortable stay throughout your stay or for future stays/guests. We appreciate any feedback.
One more final note:
This cabin is so much fun because of the fact that it is off the grid and so rustic, but this also means that we on the very rare occasion we have to deal with small
issues such as pumping or filling of water tanks, frozen pipes in the winter, or deep snow. 99% of the time we keep things going flawlessly and it just adds to the adventure, but if you are looking for a boring, perfectly predictable, mundane place with no charactor you should consider staying at a hotel instead. ;) Cheers!
You have full access to the house and the front yard.
Interaction with Guests
Bryon and I communicate throughout the guest bookings. We have recently started working a couple days a week in northern Colorado we may ask you to let yourselves in. We will let you know when we touch base with you a few days before your arrival. Our super sweet and fabulous neighbor, Jamie, loves co-hosting and can be available to you with any questions throughout your stay if we can't be there. Otherwise, we will message you two days before your arrival to tell you where the key is left for you to let yourselves in. We are always accessible through Airbnb and by phone. We ask that you message upon arrival to let us know you're in and okay. Message us or call us or our neighbor if you need anything during your stay.
Our little cabin is nestled in an amazingly scenic area. There's beautiful rock formations, river with pooling water and small waterfalls, a fun old saloon, and cool little old cabins throughout the area.
Other Things to Note
During the winter the roads are plowed pretty well since the road is a school route.
We are excited to share our home with others and we are entrusting that you will treat our home and neighbors with respect and care.
1. NO OUTDOOR FIRES. Absolutely no outdoor camp fires. We have a BBQ for cooking. We appreciate your understanding and compliance to this rule.
2. LIABILITY. House is privately owned. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on premises. Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests.
3. NO PARTIES. No more then 2 guests maximum are allowed in the house at any time unless prior arrangements have been made with the owners, and written consent is given. The house is in a close knit neighborhood and we highly regard our neighbors welfare. We ask that you enjoy yourselves inside with music and guests, but keep conversations and music at a low volume outdoors. They are all very friendly and we want them to enjoy our guests. Quite time outside after 9pm.
4. NO BATHS. We ask that our guests shower only and don't use the bath. It is tempting but we have to conserve our limited water.
5. SAFETY EQUIPMENT. For your safety, please do not tamper with the CO2 and fire alarms.
6. Smoking is not permitted inside. If you smoke outside, please dispose of your butts in the outside container.
7. Apologies, but no fires in the wood burning stove. The propane fireplace is charming and will keep you very warm.
If problems arise during your stay please notify us immediately so that we can address issues as soon as possible. As our reviews show, we are very responsive and want to make sure you have a great stay.