About this listing
This cozy room with double bed, wardrobe, desk and wifi is in lovely old house with garden 150m from train station, 5 min. walking to Alkmaar center, cheese market. Shared garden and bathroom. Train to Amsterdam 35min. best train and bus connections!
Welcome to our B&B under the watertower in the center of Alkmaar!
• Located in the historical Spoorbuurt in Alkmaar
• Just 2 min. walking from train/bus station Alkmaar
• Amsterdam 35 minutes by train
• Every 15 min. leaves a train to Amsterdam, Leiden, Haarlem, Delft, The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht....
• Private guest room with a queen size bed, towels
• A third person could fit into a second guest room with a single bed.
• FREE parking
• FREE WIFI super fast (150MB/s)
• Breakfast (€ 8,-p.p.) with sun shine in the garden
• Bicycles for rent (€ 5/day)
• Canoe to rent (€ 10/ half day)
•.Cheese market, theaters, museums, historical center 10 min. walking distance
• Restaurants, shops, supermarkets, boat tours, canoe renting in 5 min. walking distance.
• Beaches: Egmond aan Zee, Bergen aan Zee, Schoorl aan Zee 30-45 min. by bicycle
Cyclists, hikers and nature lovers very welcome!
All the information about the cheese market, every Friday morning 10-12.30 noon, can be viewed here:
You are welcome to stay with us and feel at home in our B&B under the watertower in the Spoorbuurt in Alkmaar. We are a bi-national couple and speak English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish and Hindi. We enjoy having guests and love to share our local knowledge, give insider tips about Alkmaar and its surroundings and provide lots of information, maps and folders about the city Alkmaar, the cheese market, trips to the Dunes, beach and bicycle tours in North Holland.
If you wish to discover the charming country side around Alkmaar or do day trips to other cities in the Netherlands we support you to find your way around. Amsterdam, Hoorn, Volendam, Haarlem, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Leiden, Den Haag are easy and fast to reach by train or car. The bus station is right next to the train station, where you can catch a bus to the beaches Bergen aan Zee, Egmond aan Zee, and the dunes in Schoorl and Castricum or visit beautiful villages like Bergen, Graft and de Rijp.
Whatever your interests and preferences are, we will always be available as resource persons to make your stay as beautiful, comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Bedroom, living room, garden, bathroom, kitchen
Interaction with Guests
As much or as little as the guest wishes!
It is a historic neighborhood, built end of the 19th century for the workers of the railway. Small old and beautiful houses, many artists, young families, community life, typical dutch life style, many bicycles!
1. Walking: very easy, walking to and through the city 3-5 minutes,
2. Cycling: we have bicycles for rent to get to center, surrounding villages, polders, dunes, beaches and Ijsselmeer. Scenic rides through tulip fields and country side!
3. Trains: From the house to the train and bus station it is only two minutes walking, trains take you anywhere in the Netherlands.
Amsterdam 30 min. by car and 35 min. by ICE train, which leaves every 15 minutes.
4. Car: We have a 3 hours parking permit right in front of the house and can offer free parking, very close by.
Other Things to Note
This room is now available for 1 person all inclusive for 6 weeks: 01 February, 2016 - 16 March, 2016
We have put a lot of love and care into our home and hope that you will treat the room, house and garden as it would be your own.
Please communicate with me about in-and out check times.
For the rest there are no rules, just one detail, if you are a smoker please do so outside in front of the house or in the garden and not inside. Thanks and have a great stay in Alkmaar under the water tower!
I enjoy travelling but also receiving guests. Me and my husband we are passionate about cycling, spending time in nature, cooking and baking, listening to music, reading and gardening.
One of the highlights in travel experience was doing a 3 months bicycle tour through the Amazon (Suriname, Guyana, Brazil). We love to exchange travel stories and adventures with our guests and are curious to hear about your experiences.
One of my mottos:Leave a place I visit more beautiful than I have found it when I arrived.