Spacious house, located on a quiet country lane with beautiful views of the countryside, close to M3 motorway. The area offers many major tourist attractions and exciting variety of sporting activities. Buses direct to/from Dublin & universities.
You are very welcome to our spacious house, located on a quiet country lane with beautiful views of the countryside.
We look forward to helping you have an enjoyable stay in Ireland and County Meath, the "Royal County of Ireland".
You will have a lovely double bedroom with a beautiful garden view.
Your bedroom is bright, cozy and warm. It has plenty of storage with a large built-in wardrobe, a full-length mirror, two bedside tables, reading lamps and digital radio. Blackout blinds & curtains and a nice soft carpet.
You will have direct access to your own private bathroom with a bath tub and shower. The bathroom has a toilet, wash basin, tiled floor and tiled walls.
Hair dryer and straighteners and international power adapter are all available for use at request.
You have a TV room for complete relaxation with large Samsung Smart TV and satellite TV including channels in many languages and access to the DVD collection.
A beautiful spacious sitting room with lovely garden views is also available, if you prefer no TV and would like to read magazines, books or work on your laptop computer and/or tablet PC, play board games, cards or just chill out!.
Our fully-fitted kitchen is available for you to use at any time. It has conveniences including large built in fridge and freezer, oven, espresso maker, microwave cooker/oven, toaster, kettle, cooking utensils, Mix blender, grill and a large kitchen table.
You can use free WiFi at any time.
We love to welcome you and spend time to make your stay comfortable and helpful. As well, sharing experiences living and traveling in Ireland, and around the world.
We enjoy having breakfast together and spend time talking about subjects of general interest.
We love to share with you leisure activities, like playing board games, etc.
The house is surrounding by farms and lovely country houses. It is a quiet and enjoyable place to relax and enjoy.
The local area boasts wonderful walking, fishing, horse riding and horse racing, golf and bicycle rides as well as luxurious spa destinations for a quieter pace.
We have lived in the area for over 10 years and would be happy to give you recommendations for local activities and assist you in arranging these as required.
Our home is only 40 minutes drive from Dublin Airport. There is also a bus that goes to the airport from Dunshaughlin (nearest town to our house) on a regular basis. We can collect you at the bus stop as we are only 5 km from the town or bring you down to the bus stop when you are returning to the airport.
We are five minutes drive to the European Union Food and Veterinary Offices & Teagasc's Beef Research Centre.
Our house is close to Trim & Dunshaughlin and the M3 and N3 motorway and it is only a five minute walk from our house to the Dublin - Trim road (R154) from where you can get a bus to Dublin on an hourly basis or to Trim (15 minutes duration).
The Dublin bus takes from 45 minutes to an hour to get to Dublin City Centre. A return trip will cost you less than €10 and less if you book online.
If you are student, there is a bus at 6.45 am which takes you direct to University College Dublin. It is sixty minutes travel time. Also, there is another bus from Dunshaughlin (10 minutes drive away) direct to Dublin City University. You make significant savings (20%) on your bus fares as a student for single, return and 10 journey fares.
Student Identity Cards will be recognized by Bus Éireann for entitlement to student fares.
HOW TO FIND US
It is really easy for you to find our home. Whether you are coming from Dublin, the airport or from the north of Ireland, you get on the M3 motorway and take the exit for Trim.
At the next roundabout take please take the exit for Trim.
You follow Trim/Dublin Road to Warrenstown and you will have arrived! The local landmark is the Warrenstown Arms pub.
TO VISIT THE SURROUNDINGS
If you would like to visit the wonderful historic and sporting attractions in Meath (the heritage capital of Ireland) or use our home as a stepping stone on your journeys through Ireland, we will look after you!
We are well located for both country and city pursuits, suitable for all interests. For example:
- The Boyne Valley Drive, 225 kilometres in length and taking in 22 historic sites - one of world renowned heritage with some of the best examples to be found anywhere. The sites featured along the way include Bru Na Boinne (the UNESCO World Heritage sites at Newgrange Knowth Dowth), Trim Castle, Monasterboice, Slane Castle and Mellifont Abbey - we can provide you with all the details
- 12 km to historic town of Trim(multiple Tidy Towns winner). The town is noted for Trim Castle - the largest Cambro-Norman castle in Ireland.
- Boyne Valley Activities in Trim offer Kayaking, Boat tours, Paintball, Rafting, Bike hire,air ballooning and High-ropes with delivery and pick up.
- only 34 km drive to Dublin, originally founded as a Viking settlement, it evolved into the Kingdom of Dublin and became the island's principal city following the Norman invasion
- and 25 minute drive to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre - offering over 180 stores ranging from fashion to electronics, and gifts to houseware.
- just 4 km drive to Killeen Castle and golf club (delicious restaurant, wonderful country walk and trail, fishing, host to the Solheim golf Cup 2012) located in Dunsany, County Meath, Ireland, is the current construction on a site occupied by a castle since around 1180.
- and 10 minute drive to the historical Hill of Tara - is an archaeological complex that runs between Navan and Dunshaughlin in County Meath, Ireland. It contains a number of ancient monuments, and according to tradition, was the seat of the High King of Ireland.
- within 18 minutes driving, you arrive at Trim castle. This is a Norman castle located on the south bank of the River Boyne in Trim, County Meath, Ireland. With an area of 30,000 m², it is the largest Cambro-Norman castle in Ireland - looks wonderful when floodlit at night.
- 35 minute drive to historic Newgrange.
Newgrange was constructed over 5,000 years ago (about 3,200 B.C.), making it older than Stonehenge in England and the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt.
- 35 minutes to Slane village. The village centre dates from the 18th century. The village and surrounding area contains many historic sites dating back over 5,000 years, including Slane Castle, dating back to 1785.
- 14 km to Dunboyne Castle. Dunboyne Castle, originally a castle, later a fine Georgian house, was built as a seat for a branch of the Butler dynasty, the Lords Dunboyne.
- 20 km to Navan - the county town of County Meath in Ireland - the 5th largest town, and 10th largest urban settlement, in Ireland.
- 18 km to Tayto Park - a popular amusement park in Asbhourne, County Meath. The Park offers over 100 attractions but the main draws are the animals: porcupines, Emus, wild cat, buffalo, highland cattle and many more make this a real safari adventure in Ireland.
- 9 km to Fairyhouse racecourse - It is the home of the Irish Grand National. The first race meet was held in 1848. In 1870, the first Irish Grand National steeplechase was held there
- 9 km to Tattersalls - is the main auctioneer of race horses in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- 7 km to Award winning Station House Hotel & Restaurant in Kilmessan.
- 10 minute drive to village of Dunshaughlin with many pubs, shopping & restaurants.
- There is something for everyone to enjoy at Rathbeggan Lakes(15 minute drive) Abseiling, Airsoft, Allotment Gardens & Shop with Fresh Produce, Art Barn, BBQ's, Birthday Parties, Bouncy Castles, Bunjee Trampoline, Catch & Release Fishing, Climbing Wall, Corporate Team Building, Face Painting, Fishing, Fly Fishing, Fun Valley, Heritage Park, High Kings Tower, Nature Walks, Pedal Boats, Pet Farm, Picnic Areas, Playground, Pond Dipping, School Tours, Scout & Club Groups, Water Roller, Zip line.
You can easily get around by car to enjoy what the local area has to offer or we can transport you at a small charge.
We look forward to helping you have an enjoyable stay in Ireland!
Your stay will include breakfast. Please let us know if you have dietary preferences. Maggie, my wife is a nutritionist and can advise you if you desire!
We prepare breakfast the night before so you only need to turn the kettle, toaster on and get milk, etc. from the fridge. This allows you the freedom to choose which time you wish to have breakfast.
A selection of herbal teas, tea and coffee and biscuits/cookies are always available.
EXTRA SERVICES AVAILABLE
Our home has facilities including; washing machine, spin-dryer, which you may use at an extra fee.
Bike rental is available - please advise in advance about your requirements.
We provide transport to and from the airport and to all of County Meath's major tourist attractions / sporting events.
We offer a tourist guide (in English, French and Spanish).
The services above are available for an extra fee.
If you are a smoker, you are welcome but we ask that you smoke outside, we provide outdoor seating.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have and if you have any special requirements, please feel free to ask and we will accommodate them if we can.
This was a lovely little spot with great hosts in Barry and Maggie. Very clean with a big bathroom and a nice breakfast in the morning. An ideal spot for exploring Meath from a peaceful and quiet location. Barry and Maggie have lived and worked on all but one of the world's major continents and have plenty of local insight to boot! Would recommend this place to anyone... Please note that you will be best off with a car to get here!
WOW! What a fabulous place to stay. Barry and Maggie's home is terrific and even although we were VERY late arriving (after getting totally lost), Barry came out to meet us and lead us back to their home and we spent a lovely time chatting over coffee. The room we had was immaculate and very comfortable. Even tho we didn't see Barry in the morning - because he had already gone to work - Maggie was there to make us breakfast before western off for Donegal. Trim is a delightful town and the accommodation and hospitality at Barry and Maggie's was excellent. If you are ever I that part of Ireland, you hwould have a great place to stay if you choose their home.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.