About this listing
If you like to have your morning coffe on an outdoor veranda or if you enjoy a barbecue in the evening, - this could be the place for you. We have a really nice flat with its own entrance and terrace in the basement of our villa that is situated less then 100 meters from the Metro station. The underground leaves frequently and it takes 12 minutes to go to downtown Stockholm. Around the metro station there is a small center with restaurants, shops and a library. The area is one of the most popular in Stockholm and a very safe and secure place to be in. And as we are so close to downtown Stockholm, we will provide you with bikes when you are here.
The flat has a bigger room with a queen sized bed, shower/wc (with washingmaschin and a tumbledryer), a kitchenspace and a dining area that can also function as a bedroom for a third person. It is not designed or luxuary, we preferred to make it a cosy home that we ourselves would love to stay in. The flat is fully equipped and we serve with clean bed linen and towels.In direct connection to the flat there is a little sunny veranda where you can have breakfast or make a barbeque in the evening.
In walking distance there are green areas and two lakes where you can swin and nearby there is a lovely park, especially appreciated by children, with animals (sheeps, pigs, hen and rabbits) that they can cuddle with. And all of you can of course cuddle with our nice little Yorkshireterrier Tequila or with our cool cat Mao.
The flat is perfect for a couple or for a couple with one child. The queen sized bed is suitable for two persons and the kitchen sofa is nice to sleep in for one person. If there is a fourth person, we will lend you an extra bed.
For those of you travelling to Stockholm in order to participate in a conferens or other events at the Stockholmsmässan in Älvsjö, it might be good to know that there is a direct bus connection from Aspudden to Stockholmsmässan that will only take 17 minutes of travelling.
The flat is independent to the rest of the house and it has its own entrance.
* Smoking in the flat is not allowed, but you can smoke outdoors using the ashtray.
* We will not appreciate big parties, but a normal holiday life is no problems.
* The house is old and not well isolated so therefore we don't want loud music after midnight.
* Our little dog Tequila and our cat Mao are really nice and as they like people they will probably pay you a visit, so you must like animals.
* We hope that you will enjoy the veranda and the part of the garden that is in front of the veranda. The rest of the garden is for our privacy please.
* There is no cleaning fee, but we expect our guests to leave the flat in a nice way, ie no dish left to be washed up and no rubbish for us to pick up. But you do not have to bother to vaccum-clean the floor (we will do that for you) as we know how many things one has to do leaving a rented place.
About the Host, Solveig
Hi, my name is Solveig and I live with my husbond Janne in a cosy old house just outside the citycentre of Stockholm. When our two children moved out, we rebuilt part of our house to a nice flat that we rent out. We have often rented from private persons and have such exellent experience of it and would therefore like to give the same nice reception to our visitors.
We are quite layed back and we love to be in our wild garden, but we also enjoy traveling very much, preferrebly not in the summer though, as that is the loveliest time in the garden. When we travel, we try to go off-track and just hang around. The very best travel we have done was the 5 months when we lived in Liverpool and the fantastic two years we lived and worked in Valparaíso, Chile.
We are borned and bred in Stockholm and can therefore give you all sorts of advice about what to do and where to go. As we really enjoy good food and to make a barbecue, the flat contains all sorts of things that you need to be able to cook, including equipment for making a barbecue.