Single person private room in an amazing penthouse located in the heart of Historic Boston (Freedom Trail). Gracious host and great rate! Monthly rental available.
Not for guests who do not like animals or are allergic to them!
Visit Boston in style!
This cozy one-person guest room is nestled in a spacious penthouse. The 5-story historic row house is located on the Freedom Trail in the Gaslight District of Charlestown, MA right across from the Navy Yard, The USS Constitution, and MGH campus. There’s easy access to all tourist attractions: North End, Downtown Boston, Haymarket, Cambridge/Kendall MIT, TD Bank Garden etc....
The guest room is a lovely self-service hotel-style space with access to an elegant penthouse; including a breathtaking panoramic view of Boston, Boston Harbor, and the Zakim Bridge.
The residence is professionally maintained to be a safe, comfortable environment for guests. Please note that this is a gay household. In addition, there are two cats (Agnes and Kelsey) and a small dog (Leo). It is NOT suitable for guests who are allergic to animals, though the place is vacuumed daily. The residence is a 4th-story walkup without an elevator, so it is not suitable for guests who cannot climb stairs.
Nightly rate includes a self-service breakfast, tea, juice, or French Press coffee. There is also a cafe nearby, and many highly rated restaurants. The owner occasionally hosts dinner parties. Guests may use the kitchen to cook simple meals but must agree to the rules in the house manual.
* A single maple bed with ample storage capacity. Mattress is high-grade medium firm; and has protective cover and white sheets, blue silk comforter. Sheets and breathable cover are laundered between guests.
*Hairdryer and iron
*Hanging closet shelves with hangers
*Hotel-style luggage and shoe rack, and hamper
*iPod 4 and 5 docking stations and mini stereo with FM and iPod inputs (both docking and USB port in back)
*Self-service laundry and dryer
*Tilting desk and bookshelf with assorted books, an iPod 5 dock and charging station.
*Mirror and artwork
Guests also have access to:
*Shampoo-conditioner, facial cleanser, and shower gel. NO ACCESS TO WASHER DRYER.
Main living areas: living/dining room, bathrooms, and lounge area. Not suitable for couples. For couples, we have another larger room option.
Interaction with Guests
Owner assists guests, as needed. Owner lives on premises with daughter.
Sophisticated and historic, close to all downtown attractions
Online maps are the best! Also the MBTA. Easy access to bus and train info.
Other Things to Note
Cats use the litter box in the top floor bathroom, so the door MUST always be left open when not in use.
All guests must agree to the following:
1. The hallway going up to the penthouse is narrow. Take care not to make marks or scratches from suitcases on the walls.
2. No smoking anywhere on the premises or around the building.
3. The guest must keep the room clean. Please dispose of the garbage can bag upon checkout and leave the used towels and sheets in the white hamper at the foot of the bed.
4. Guests may use the washer and dryer in the basement, but clothes must be immediately removed from machines when done. Make sure to clean the lint tray on the dryer to avoid a risk of fire.
5. No additional guests are allowed to stay past 11:00 PM or sleep over. The room is designed for a single-person use only.
6. When using the bathroom, male guests are asked to keep seats down and to clean the seat after each use. Guests must tidy the shower when done.
7. Guests may NOT place hot pans or cooking items on the marble counters without a trivet. There are two silicone trivets and a large stainless steel trivet to the right of the cooking area. Hot items will damage the counters.
8. Please ensure the cats are always upstairs and not in the bedroom.
9. When guests close the bedroom door, please make sure there are no animals inside, so they are not locked in the room. Both bathroom doors must remain open when not in use, so there’s access to the litter boxes and washer/dryer. Do not close the second floor bathroom door!
10. Guests please place refuse in garbage cans and recycling in the back of the building.
11. We do not accept guests without offline ID verification.
12. A monthly stay of 30 days or more must be approved by owner.
1. Tenants will be emailed/texted a lock box code to access the room if the owner is not present. *The guest room has a red wooden heart on the door.*
2. Password for Internet connection is located in the house manual.
3. The blue tooth stereo is called Music Receiver. You can connect using your phone to listed to your music.
Update 3/24/2015: We have removed the Jacuzzi and installed a regular bathtub.
This was my first Air B'n'b experience so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it couldn't have gone better. Alex was extremely kind and hospitable and immediately made me feel welcome and at home. The flat was lovely, clean, comfortable and well-kept, and the room had everything I could have needed for a month-long stay. The location is brilliant, a short walk away from North Station - really easy and convenient to get around. There's a Whole Foods close by, and several restaurants as well as several places of interest! (The Bunker Hill Monument, the Freedom trail, the US Navy Yard...) I've also been known to be allergic to both cats and dogs but had absolutely no problem with Alex's pets. Overall an extremely positive experience and I would recommend Alex's place to anyone staying in Boston without a second thought!
The reservation was canceled 25 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
This is my 2nd time staying at Alex's, and everything was great, just like the first time. -even better, actually.* I came in to find the place spotless, warm and welcoming. Alex is a gracious host and always a pleasure to talk with when our busy schedules cross paths. I hope to find his place open on my next trip to Boston.
* Got the rare opportunity to hear Alex on the piano. Amazing.
Thank you Alex.
charming host and charming neighborhood
host was friendly and accommodating
location was excellent with nice restaurants and views
would recommend to others
You just have to read some comments below to see how awesome Alex is: If every Airbnbhost would be like him, hotels would be empty! All in all he just shows you the city on his own, telling all the stuff about it, so you do not even to enter the town. To put it in a nutshell, being Alex's guest is such a great experience, if I come back to Boston, i definetly will stay at his place!
Alex was a great host! The house is adorable and the location is fantastic. I'd definitely stay here again (and will when I'm back in Boston)
The flat might be beautiful and conveniently located, but during my stay I experienced a couple of hiccups that made my stay unnecessarily stressful.
The hosts were away during my stay and I had emailed at least 5 times prior my arrival with the house rules, then instructions, then updates etc. I was provided with a code for the lock, which ... did not work! So when I arrived I spent over 30 min after dark in pouring rain trying to figure out what was wrong. Eventually I was emailed a new code which apparently had been changed for the guest safety! I definitely did not feel safe waiting frustrated and jet lagged in front of the apartment! The host did not bother to apologize.
Another unpleasant thing was the cleanliness. There are two cats in the flat and the hosts' assistant was supposed to clean the cuvettes daily. When I eventually got the right code and I managed to get into the flat the cuvettes were full and there was a cat poo on one of the sofa! The sofa which had clear marks this had happened in the past!
Maybe the hosts have got good intentions and all goes smoothly when they are around, but I definitely would not rate my stay as a pleasant experience.
You were the first guest who ever left a bad comment about our space. We actually went out of our way to accommodate you and I had notified you that normally we do not rent the place when we are not here. My phone records showed that we responded with the new lock box code exactly 5 minutes after your emailed. You should have been lucky that we accepted you as a guest.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews
I’m a seasoned real estate broker who has assisted many clients with all facets of residential and commercial real estate in the Greater Boston Area since 1993. My extensive services include a primary focus on real estate sales, high-end leasing, and property management. I also provide professional relocation, interior design, project management, and real estate consulting services for investors.
I’ve worked in many local communities including the Back Bay, Cambridge, Charlestown, Somerville, Brookline, Newton and other great areas of greater Boston, such as Watertown, Belmont, and Arlington. My knowledge of these neighborhoods comes from being raised and educated in Boston, and as a long-time resident of Cambridge, Boston, and Charlestown. I’ve built relationships with clients in the surrounding areas of Greater Boston for many years.
In addition to residential brokerage, I assist clients with various real estate related life transitions, such as a family loss, estate management, change of ownership, divorce and asset division, estate liquidations and auction, broker price opinion, creation of real estate partnerships, trusts, and multi-investor ventures.
I gladly look forward to working with you and meeting your unique needs!