About this listing
2BDRM 1 BA FLAT/APT- 4 BLOCKS TO WEHO+WiFi+ LOCATION+MODERN+WASHER/ DRYER+A/C+PARK+CABLE+ SMART TVs+COMFY+4 BIG BEDS+KEYLESS+GATED. Newly remodeled DUPLEX apartment on first floor with King bed in each bedrm + queen in one bedrm + sofa/futon
1. Close to the Action (97/100 walk rating) with FAST FREE WIRELESS INTERNET in 2 bedroom duplex (you are downstairs unit) on one lot...
...King Beds in each room+queen bed-- AND KEYLESS ENTRY to your unit--no meet ups... everyone can come and go as they choose....plus coded front gate and parking gate+Washer/Dryer
2 NEWLY REMODELED MODERN, AIR CONDITIONED+Fans+ 850 sq ft -- 2 BEDROOMS 1 bath ENTIRE apartment/flat with 2 KING BEDS and 1 Queen Bed with new modern kitchen in fabulous location 4 blocks from the city of West Hollywood (and from the Walk of Fame on Hollywood Blvd+red line metro) on quiet street west of highland, north of Santa Monica Blvd., 2 1/2 blocks south of sunset-- that will accommodate 1-6 people. NOT 2 miles away or 1.4 miles away. RIGHT THERE IN A GREAT LOCATION.
3. Walking distance to major sightseeing, restaurants, shopping, work outs, transportation etc.
4. Deluxe Pillow-top KING SIZE BED (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) cm) AND pillow top QUEEN SIZE BED 60"X80" (153x203 cm) in one bedroom
AND a day bed that converts into a comfortable king size bed in smaller second bedroom (very comfy twin or pulls out into king size bed that is also comfortable). Full length mirror in the apartment also.
5. Black out shades.
6. New redwood deck for the property under a big, flowering lemon tree, 2 loungers, chairs, table and umbrella and hedges and flowers--beautiful and charming for enjoying the California climate after a day of sightseeing.
7. Cable/Satellite Smart TV--- internet connected flat screen 42" TV in living room and 32" flatscreen in bedroom. Can use your Netflix, Amazon, Hulu or other account for additional content. In bedroom and living area.
8.. Locked and Gated free parking. Unrestricted (except for Monday 12-3p) street parking also available
9.. White washed hardwood floors throughout.
10.. Ceiling fans throughout in addition to air conditioning.
11. Fully tiled bathroom with tub/shower, hair dryer, shampoo and conditioner, towels, lighted make-up mirror, full length mirror . Glass tile wall (obscure) for extra light.
12. New fully equipped modern glass tiled galley kitchen with appliances, automatic dishwasher, keurig coffee machine, Italian espresso maker, French press and seating for 6 and settings for 6. Huge closet space.
13. Your own in-unit automatic Washer and Dryer. You supple the automatic washing soap.
14. Located on first floor of 2 story duplex in the city of Los Angeles (Hollywood), 4 blocks east of the city of West Hollywood. The best is west. West of Highland is desirable and more expensive in terms of location. North of Santa Monica is also a dividing line in terms of location--we are north.
15. 2 1/2 blocks to Sunset and 4 1/2 blocks to Hollywood Blvd. Can walk to La Brea and Melrose. In fact, you can walk in ten minutes the four blocks to a bustling area of West Hollywood with loads of shops and dining. Restaurants are walking distance as are pilates, yoga, spa and Hollywood/Highland shopping district and metro and clubs.
16. SMOKING allowed on porch in front of unit and on private deck off kitchen. It's also OK on common redwood deck in front if not disturbing other guests. Not in unit.
This location is outstanding and is in the heart of the entertainment, artistic, designer areas where an international and national array of creatives mix and create or enjoy the simply incredible weather of Los Angeles, which has a virtually perfect climate.
Rarely too humid or too hot or too cold. Just right. This area is close to the Loews Hotel up the street or the Roosevelt Hotel and east of here is the W on Vine and west of here is the Standard and Mondrian. Best locations for L.A. are down in the "flats" not up in the hills if you want convenience as a tourist...I have had many people in the entertainment business stay here...who were from other (URL HIDDEN) is a great location...
There are art galleries within walking distance, Or the cheap and simply the best hamburgers in the U.S., "In and Out Burger" which is walking distance. Bossa Nova Restaurant is walking distance, on Sunset near La Brea and is open until 4 am. Huge menu, including pizza and very reasonable prices. Must try Pink Berry (desert--frozen yogurt)...not like any others...much better and free samples...Sunset-west of La Brea--across from Ralphs. All you can eat Korean BBQ with prime, Kobe and Wagyu beef can be found at Oo-Kook Korean BBQ Restaurant on 8th street...about a 15-20 min drive. I just had a great meal there for $27. a person.
Lots to see and do, whether intellectual, physical or artistic or emotional. See the best view of Los Angeles from downtown to the ocean as you walk Runyon Canyon... An oasis in the heart of the city...lounge on the redwood deck, enjoying the weather.
. Everything you want to see is within 5-15 minutes away...Melrose, The Grove, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, West Hollywood, Beverly Center, Universal City (by metro direct). 20or so to Rodeo Drive (but Rodeo Drive is ridiculously expensive)...but many newer and hip designers are on Melrose...and you can walk to Melrose.
New, white, modern sofa (a full size futon bed if needed) in living area, comforters, 100% cotton sheets , black out shades in bedroom, extra blankets and pillows, modern furniture. A very comfy place.
Redwood Deck in front, loungers, outdoor table and chairs and umbrella. A separate Private deck for your unit off the kitchen with table and chairs.
Interaction with Guests
Read my reviews. I'm very interactive with my guests online and available if needed.
Close to all the sites of Hollywood in a happening location with a 97 walk rating.
Convenient public transportation...4 blocks to metro at hollywood and highland...4 blocks to city of West Hollywood. 1/2 block to Highland, a main thoroughfare with bus transportation. Can walk to many places, including the walk of fame. But there is also parking for one car within the gated property.
Other Things to Note
NO DIRTY DISHES ARE TO BE LEFT IN THE APARTMENT. WE HAVE AN AUTOMATIC DISHWASHER AND SOAP PODS FOR THE (URL HIDDEN) PLEASE PUT DISHES IN DISHWASHER AND RUN THROUGH THE CYCLE.
The cleaners charge me for cleaning based on NO dirty dishes to clean. They wash all the linens, towels, etc and spend a lot of time doing the regular clean up. I pride myself on having good cleaners. But if they need to spend extra time cleaning up, they charge me this extra fee and I pass that charge on. I rarely find this a problem however, as the majority of my guests are quite wonderful!
CHILDREN and INFANTS are counted as occupants when booking.
I provide the initial toilet paper roll and paper towel roll...if you need more, there are markets nearby (4 blocks away). I also supply soap, shampoo, conditioner. Hair Dryer. (URL HIDDEN) per person...wash and dry any extra u use. Please tidy up when you leave.
1. DO NOT DISTURB other neighbors, nor other units (except if your car is being inadvertently (URL HIDDEN) NOT DISCUSS AirBnb WITH NEIGHBORS....KEEPING LOW KEY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD IS IMPORTANT, as many neighbors do not appreciate loud or inconsiderate guests...WHICH MEANS NO RAUCOUS BEHAVIOR OR LOUD TV OR YELLING. WITH CHILDREN, NO RUNNING AROUND THE APARTMENT. DEFINITELY NO PARTIES
2. Treat the place as you would your own (if you were not a party person!).
3. Leave air conditioning or heat OFF during the day if you are not in the place.
Same with lights and TV, except outdoor lights should be left on.
4. No guests or children may stay or visit if they are not listed as guests.
5. Please remember to put remote for parking gate back on kitchen table and other remotes back where you found them. I only have one so don't leave it in car and forget!!
6. Please do not leave dirty dishes in dishwasher or counter. All dishes must be put through the automatic dishwasher or hand washed (wine glasses hand washed)...therefore, when you leave...if there are dirty dishes...please put them in dishwasher, add the provided automatic dishwashing pods (Cascade brand does a very good job) and turn dishwasher on to run through a cycle. Please make sure any pots and pans are cleaned by hand before putting in dishwasher.
The cleaners must wash all the linens and towels and clean the the apartment; when they have extra work and extra messy places and especially dirty dishes, THEY CHARGE ME EXTRA...ranging from $36.00 for dirty dishes to $63.00 for lots of dirty towels beyond limit and extra dirty apartment. I pass whatever they charge me on to my guests. So far, this has not been necessary. But they only have so much time to get everything ready for the next guests. So please understand. This is not a hotel with a cleaning staff.
7. Please water potted plants on porch if they look dry. I have a gardener once a week, but when it is very hot out, the plants need extra water. I try to do it...but sometimes I am out of (URL HIDDEN) if they are looking dry, I would appreciate it if you would give them a little water. But this is a request only.
8. If bathroom floor gets wet, please dry it. Don't leave bathroom floor wet.
9. One bath towel per person . IF YOU USE EXTRA TOWELS, IT IS NO PROBLEM AS LONG AS YOU WASH THE EXTRA TOWELS (or sheets) IN THE WASHER AND DRYER BEFORE YOU LEAVE (I do not provide clothes washing soap). There is not enough time to wash and dry lots of towels and sheets if new guests are coming the same day. People like to use linens at different rates (plus we have a drought in California so conservation is important and water is heavily (URL HIDDEN) I ask only that you wash, dry and put back in closet if you go over one bath towel and one hand towel per person per week. And if you use an extra set of sheets per stay, then they must be washed and dryed. In the dryer, use Bounce brand if available.
10. The drains can become clogged with hair so I have the special drain covers so you can toss extra hair in trash and not down drain.
There is a little tool for removing hair if the drain is slow...But please note the reason for these drain covers.
11. NO PETS ON PROPERTY. IF YOU OR YOUR GUEST BRING A PET WITH YOU WITHOUT OBTAINING WRITTEN PERMISSION IN ADVANCE OF ARRIVAL DATE, THE ENTIRE DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED. The rights of other guests are such that pets are NOT allowed on the property.
Also, trash pickup is early Friday morning...BLUE is recycle, BLACK is everything, GREEN gardening...If you are staying on a Thursday night, I would appreciate it if you could check if trash was put out in front on Thursday night. If you notice they are not already out on street in the late evening on Thursday, please send me a note. I will also ask this of the unit upstairs but you both may not be there on a Thursday so whoever is, I would appreciate this if it hasn't already been done. I just want to make sure trash is out by Thursday night and then back in by Friday or Saturday. Otherwise, trash cans will get too full.
TO REPEAT, THE HOUSE CLEANERS DO SEVERAL PLACES AND ARE ON A TIME SCHEDULE--IF PLACE IS EXTRA DIRTY, THEN I AM CHARGED EXTRA (as set forth earlier)
AND I NEED TO PASS THAT CHARGE ON. THIS HASN'T HAPPENED SO FAR, AS YOU CAN SEE FROM MY REVIEWS.
There should be a broom and dustpan there for general tidying up which I would appreciate. And other cleaning products if you get inspired to cook.
BEWARE OF USING THE STOVE PROPERLY. The stove is relatively new...however, the knobs for lighting and turning on the burners are delicate!! (I say this because a prior guest was not careful in this regard). Please turn the burner to LITE position and wait for flame to come on before turning further. After flame comes on, adjust the temperature. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SHUT GAS OFF AFTER USE BY RETURNING THE KNOB TO OFF POSITION (the knob will snap back a little).
I appreciate all my guests who have made an effort to keep the place looking good. Thank you in advance.
In windy conditions, please put the umbrella down after you use it...as it can get swept away. Sometimes we have something called Santa Anas...warm powerful winds...
WiFi network and password is on a laminated sheet in the apartment. The cable company+network +password is listed in House Manual (on CONFIRMATION you receive from airbnb after you are already booked-PLEASE READ IT AND BRING WITH YOU). If any trouble, try disconnecting from electrical outlet, waiting a few minutes and then rebooting. If you have an amazon, netflix or hulu etc account, you can access more content on the TV. Make sure you are on HDMI 1 for cable reception.
Have a good time in LA.
From Dec 01, 2016 - Feb 28, 2017 the minimum stay is 5 nights.