About This Listing
Fantastic accommodation if you're looking for a haven in which to relax and enjoy nature and silence.
"We find the "Cabana Azul" (Blue Cabin) in a property with 13000m2 of land, a typicall mountain house fully restored respecting its character. Its thick garma-stone walls and interior wooden-frame tell us stories about former "pasiegos" (locals) moving from cabin to cabin to new pastures with their families and animals.
The two-storey house has a 6 person capacity. We find on the unobstructed ground floor the kitchen, dining room and the living room with fireplace. On the first floor there are three double bedrooms. Both floors lead to a balcony with a beautiful view. The cabin is fully equipped (small appliances, bedding, linen, towells....)
Outside there are an arbour, a barbacue, a woodshed, hammocks, gardens... and infinite Cantabria...
We welcome well-mannered pets and ouners ;-)
Imagine your ideal holidays. A beautiful charming mountain house in a valley among mountains. All the green colors in front of your eyes. Hundred forests . The sound of the cowbells, the river, the breeze... Feel the sunshine on your face, close your eyes while you rock in the hammock and drop the book in your lap...
Cantabria offers everything to traveler: pasiegos amazing green valleys, mountains and ski resorts, unrivaled beaches with water sports, caves, monuments, culture ...
Minimum stay 2nd half July and August: 1 week
Airport transfer (35 €) (Arrival and up, 1-4 people)
Interaction with Guests
Each guest is different. There are guests who come seeking solitude or intimacy with partner and we try not to interfere. But if our guests want to chat, know the area, customs ... we are happy to spend time with them. Accommodate people from other places is like traveling !!!
A bus runs twice a day near home. From Liérganes there are buses and frequent trains to major towns and cities.
- Stairs light´s switch also turns on outer side light.
- The kitchen has two lights under the cabinets.
- Balconies lights´ switches are next to each door.
- Outdoor dining light´s swich is above the beam.
- There is an electric water heater always on . Be careful and do not have a shower all at once!
- Firelighters and matches are near the fireplace . Guests have free a load of firewood per day of stay.
- Do not leave trash bags outside because at night animals come and break and scatter the trash .
- There is a dumpster on the road next to the bus stop.
WHERE ARE.. ?
- In the kitchen cupboards you will find crockery, cutlery , pots, pans, tablecloths, napkins, tea towels , blender , toaster ...
- In the large upstairs closet ( inside and on the side) you have blankets , iron , ironing board , mop ..
- In the woodshed back is the mop, drying and tweezers.
- In the bathroom there are towels. Behind the door is the broom. In the cabinet is the dryer, and an old pet towel.
- In the back on the outside there are two hammocks. If you come when you are not put maybe it's because it's raining. As the good hang time ago, but if we have forgotten REMEMBER US! . A nap in the hammock watching the rock and vultures is an experience not to be missed !
- At 8 am baker 's van passes in front of the house . We have to wait in the road to stop . If you want bread for every day you are staying and do not want to get up early , you can pay in advance and tell him to leave bread in the neighbor´s box.
- Well behaved pets are welcome in our house. We do not see a place like The Garimuca without fully enjoy your best friend. It is forbidden animals to climb on the beds. If your animal is conflicting with others ( dogs , cats ... ) please let us know so that we have special monitoring with ours during your stay.
- Please do not give food to our animals. We do not want them used to ask for food and disturb our guests ( some people do not like animals ) .
WHERE TO EAT
- We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner , but ordered in advanced .
- There are restaurants in San Roque de Riomiera (3 km ), Mirones (4 km) and Liérganes ( 13.5 km )
WHAT TO DO
- We offer routes you to learn one of the most spectacular paradise of Cantabria and its history. Children free.
- Caves, bird watching, hiking, mountain climbing ...
Thoroughly enjoyed our 4 day break in stunning scenery and in a really relaxing and peaceful home. Sitting out on the balconies taking in the views and listening to goat bells in the distance made for a a perfect getaway. Angela was a wonderful host, offering and taking us on a walk with her and her husband up in the hills and presenting us with a still warm homemade lemon cake on our first day! Would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone that enjoys beautiful scenery, outdoor walks and charming hosts.
We had a wonderful time in Angela's and Angel's beautiful house in an idyllic setting. It is as described and much much more. The location is perfect, with amazing views of the mountains, forests, tracks and 'cabana pasiegas' The BBQ, hammock and picnic area are a bonus, but to sit on the upstairs or downstairs balcony is magical. Whether it was to enjoy our morning coffee or a glass of wine to watch the sun go behind the mountains, it was perfect.
Angela could not be more welcoming. The fire and wood chip burner were both blazing to herald our arrival. We ordered food the first evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. Angela is a wonderful cook and excellent baker!
Angela guided us on a hike up the mountains where we witnessed spectacular scenery.
Our little 18 month also loved the rural setting so much and especially the lovely dogs Pegas and Blus.
We hope we can return soon!
Ha sido una buena experiencia. La casa es muy acogedora y tiene todas las comodidades necesarias. La cocina, el baño y las habitaciones están bien. Gotzone estuvo muy atenta y nos facilitó la estancia. Un alojamiento muy acogedor y en una zona increíble. Completamente recomendable
El sitio es espectacular , ademas ellos son super serviciales , siempre atentos !!! Nos relajamos muchisimo , el lugar es una pasada con unas vistas impresionantes , hicimos una ruta que nos acompaño angela y fue una experiencia muy bonita !! Es uno de los mejores lugares que he estado !!! Lo recomiendo a todo el mundo porque tanto ellos como el lugar son impresionantes !!!!!
Es como estar en un cuento, la casa es preciosa, levantarte y respirar el aire puro, hacer una barbacoa por la tarde estar junto a la chaminea en un entorno inigualable. Angela y Ángel son como los ángeles, encantadores... Reiteramos siempre que nos dejen jajaj
Ha sido una maravillosa experiencia no solo por la magnífica casa sino porque Angela es una estupenda anfitriona! El primer día nos trajó un bizcocho recién hecho para desayunar que estaba de riquísimo!! Seguro que repetiremos!!!
Desde el primer momento Angela ha conseguido hacernos sentir como en casa, haciendonos todo lo mas comodo posible. Si la casa nos habia gustado por las fotos, cuando la vimos aun nos gusto mas!. Es un sitio unico al cual volveremos seguro!! Muchas gracias Angela por este fin de semana!!