About this listing
With views of York Minster, and only 2 minutes walk away, our 2 bedroom/2 bathroom air conditioned apartment is ideally placed for visitors to this magnificent city. Fully equipped to the highest standards, it comes with the benefit of free parking.
Located only two minutes walk from York Minster, 7 Aspire is a top-floor, fully air conditioned apartment. The 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment has been fitted and furnished to the highest standard to ensure your stay is both memorable and enjoyable. Much attention to detail has been spent in ensuring everything you may need has been provided. The property is strictly no smoking and no pets. The apartment is currently rated #2 out of over 200 holiday rental properties in York with Trip Advisor.
Access to the apartment is via lift/stairs from a secure entrance adjacent to a handy Sainsburys Local supermarket. Our meet and greet service will meet you at the ground floor entrance, will give you the Parking Permit if required, allowing free parking in the adjacent car park, and will take you up to the apartment on the third floor, to show you around.
The main living space includes a kitchen, dining area, and an area to relax. The fully-fitted kitchen is equipped with all the appliances you would expect. Naturally the kitchen includes all the cutlery, crockery, glassware, utensils and cookware that you are likely to need. The dining-area seats 4 in comfort with an oak and leather dining suite. The lounge provides seating for 4 and includes a state-of-the-art wide-screen 3D high-definition television. The television is tuned to receive both Freeview and Freesat TV channels, delivering over 300 English-language TV, text and radio channels, and 60 foreign-language TV and radio channels. Attached to the television is a 3D Blu-ray player capable of playing all formats of pre-recorded disk; a library of Blu-ray and DVD disks is provided for guest use. Moreover, a selection of books and board games are provided, to keep you going if the television gets boring! For those that need to keep connected to the outside world, the apartment is fitted with free wi-fi, and the main television includes high-definition video camera connectivity if you need to keep in touch with friends or family over the internet. There is a handy wireless-induction Powermat to keep your mobile devices charged in the event you forget to bring a charger.
The main bedroom includes a king-size bed, bed-side cabinets and built-in wardrobe and drawers. A hair-dryer, hair-straighteners and curling iron are provided, as well as a second flat-screen television. Opening off the main bedroom is a quality-finished en-suite that is fitted with wall-hung basin and toilet, as well as a large shower. The second bedroom is equipped with full-sized twin beds, complemented by free-standing solid oak bed-side cabinets, a tallboy chest of drawers and a wardrobe. Moreover, a second hair-dryer is also provided. The main bathroom is adjacent to the second bedroom and along with a wall-hung basin and toilet, there is a bath with built-in shower over. The cupboard in the hallway stores a steam iron and ironing board if needed.
The apartment has a full central heating system providing radiator heating throughout.
For those who might want to explore York and its surrounding area on two wheels, the apartment includes secure cycle/motorcycle storage on the ground floor, with access directly opposite the Bootham Row public car park.
The apartment has stunning views - the south-facing windows overlook St. Mary's Abbey walls on the other side of the street and the Yorkshire Museum gardens and Abbey ruins in the distance - the east-facing windows frame views of York Minster only 250m away!
This property is a dedicated self-catering holiday rental; the Aspire Building is a mixed-use development with a retail unit on the ground floor, offices on the first floor, and 12 residential units on the second and third floors.
Rates vary depending on the night of the week and time of year. Weekend rates apply to Fridays and Saturdays only; Sunday nights are charged at the week-night rate. For stays up to 8 nights, there is a flat rate £80 service fee, for which all towels/linen and an end-of-stay cleaning service are provided. For stays of 9 nights or more, additional mid-stay or weekly cleaning and change of towels/bed linen is provided for an extra fee: 9-14 nights - £60 ; 15-21 nights - £120 ; over 21 nights - £180. Because the Airbnb software cannot handle such variable cleaning fees, the maximum number of nights it will allow guests to request is 8 nights; if you wish to stay for more than 8 nights please send a message by pressing the Contact Host link stating the start date and number of nights, and we can generate a correct rental figure that allows for the additional cleaning fees (you may need to adjust the end date to get the message system to work!).
Guests are required to provide a £200 credit card charge to be held by Airbnb. In the event that the apartment requires a more comprehensive clean than is normal (for example if someone has smoked in the apartment), an extra cleaning charge may be made. Accidental breakages such as broken glassware or crockery will not be charged, but damage to furniture, carpets or equipment, may be charged, depending on the extent of the damage and the cost of repair/replacement. There is no charge for the use of the car parking permit; however, if guests fail to return the permit on departure, they will be liable for subsequent guests' parking charges and permit replacement costs. There are no sales, city, VAT, services or other taxes to be paid.
Once a booking is confirmed, we will send guests a Registration Form to be completed and returned, for property insurance purposes.
The apartment is available from 2pm on the day of occupation. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate guest arrivals later than 9pm. We ask that guests vacate the property by 10am on the day of departure; there may be some scope for a later departure subject to the arrival time of subsequent guests and the availability of the housekeeper.
The minimum stay requirement during Low Season is 2 nights, and during Xmas/New Year is 4 nights. At all other times there is normally a 3 night minimum stay requirement; however, we do take 2 night bookings if we have a 2 night gap in existing bookings, and late booking of 2 night stays are sometimes available within 3 weeks of an intended stay at any time of the year; please email to confirm availability/pricing.
We are content to accommodate infants in the apartment for no additional charge. We do provide a travel cot for guest use, though guests will have to make their own arrangements regarding the provision of suitable bedding. Please note we do not provide a high chair.
Interaction with Guests
Unless there is a problem, guests will have free use of the apartment and will be unlikely to encounter either the owner or the housekeeper during their stay, except for any mid-stay or weekly cleaning confirmed at the time of arrival.
Other Things to Note
Please note that guests will be required to agree to our own Booking Conditions that will differ in certain aspects from Airbnb's general booking conditions. Full details of our Booking Conditions are visible under the House Rules section, and copies are provided to guests following booking.
In booking this property, the person making the reservation will be required to agree to the following booking conditions.
1. This Agreement is governed by English law, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
2. The wording of this Agreement is required to abide by the UK regulations concerning distance contracts detailed in The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013. The information required to be provided to a consumer prior to their entering into a contract with a trader is provided below, in accordance with Schedule 2 to the Regulations.
3. In this Agreement, the following terms are defined as:
The Owner - shall mean David and/or Margaret Howes, trading as 7 Aspire Holiday Apartment
Principal Guest - shall mean the person entering into the agreement with 7 Aspire Holiday Apartment
Occupant(s) - shall mean all other persons accompanying the Principal Guest
Visitor(s) - shall mean all non-resident persons invited into the property by the Principal Guest
Agent(s) - shall mean other persons appointed by the Owner to act on their behalf
4. This Agreement is made on the basis that the apartment is to be occupied by the Principal Guest and other Occupants for a holiday of a specified period. The Principal Guest must be over 18 years of age, and will have responsibility for the apartment and must have the authority to ensure that all Occupants and Visitors observe these booking conditions.
5. The provision of accommodation is made on the basis that the apartment is to be occupied by the Principal Guest and other Occupants for a holiday as described in the Housing Act 1988 (Schedule 1 paragraph 9), and the Principal Guest acknowledges that occupation of the property does not confer on the Principal Guest or other Occupants any security of tenure within the terms of that Act.
6. There is a requirement for all UK accommodation providers to abide by the regulations detailed in the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972. Accordingly, the Principal Guest must complete and return the Registration Form provided; failure to complete and return the form will constitute cancellation of the booking by the Principal Guest, and will be subject to the cancellation clauses detailed below.
Main Characteristics of the Service Provided
7. The Owner undertakes to provide a furnished holiday let; the total contracted remuneration includes the provision of accommodation and use of facilities as described, the provision, use and laundering of towels and bed linen, the supply of utilities (water, electricity, broadband and wi-fi), use of a parking permit for a single vehicle, and a cleaning service (end-of-stay, mid-stay, and/or weekly clean, appropriate to length of stay).
8. The Owner does not accept any responsibility or liability for acts or omissions of third parties, which may prevent or disrupt a booking. It may be possible that certain facilities or features may not be available on occasions due to circumstances beyond the Owner's control for which the Owner accepts no liability. In addition, no liability can be accepted by the Owner for any injury, loss or damage to the Principal Guest, any Occupant or any Visitor to the apartment arising out of or in connection with the use of the apartment.
9. The information and descriptions supplied, whether in writing, verbally or on the web site, are offered in good faith; the Owner uses his best endeavours to ensure accuracy, but whilst every care is taken to ensure that all information regarding the property is accurate, there may still be errors or omissions.
10. The Owner reserves the right to change or modify decoration or furnishings (including fixtures, fittings or equipment) provided as necessary, though will endeavour to maintain the overall standard described on the web-site. Accordingly, the Principal Guest will have no case for recompense in the event that decoration, furnishings or equipment varies from that described between the time of booking and commencement of the let.
11. The Owner will not be liable for breakdown of any equipment, nor loss of service, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to persons or property which the Principal Guest or other Occupants or Visitors may suffer, except where such breakdown or loss of service renders the apartment uninhabitable (eg no electrical or water supply, failure of the boiler resulting in lost of heating/hot water). The Owner will make every endeavour to repair or replace equipment that fails during the period of let, but cannot guarantee this can be achieved.
Trading Name - 7 Aspire Holiday Apartment
Address - 73 Station Street, Rippingale, Bourne, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom, PE10 0SX
Telephone [telephone withheld]
Email [email withheld]
Total Price of Services
12. As detailed in the accompanying invoice or third party web site payment request.
13. Where we issue an invoice to guests directly, it will comprise a combination of nightly rental fees and a per-stay service charge (the Rental Total), a security deposit and, where appropriate, additional charges as detailed below.
14. Bookings made via third party web sites/agencies may include a booking fee or service charge applied by those web sites/agents concerned; details of such charges will be included in the total payment request, but may not be individually itemised in the payment request issued by those web sites/agents.
Additional Charges and Costs
15. Invoices for rental payments paid direct to the Owner via PayPal transfer will incur a 3% fee to offset part of the transaction fees associated with the transfer.
16. In the event of any refund due to the Principal Guest, any incurred costs of financial transfer (eg international bank transfer fees, credit card surcharges or chargeback fees, etc) will be deducted from any refund.
17. Deductions may be taken from the security deposit as necessary (see paragraphs 32-43 for details).
Period of Let and Access to the Property
18. The booking is made on the understanding that the apartment is available on the dates agreed.
19. The period of let shall be from 2pm on the day of arrival and the apartment must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. Requests for a variation to the stipulated earliest arrival or latest departure times must be made to the Owner at least 7 days prior to occupation. The ability to vary timings cannot be guaranteed and are subject to the arrival of subsequent guests and the Housekeeper's availability.
20. In order to ensure timely access to the property, it is the responsibility of the Principal Guest to contact the Housekeeper one hour prior to the anticipated arrival time to confirm he/she is on schedule. Arrival at the apartment must be no later than 9pm; if for any reason this is not achieved, the Principal Guest will be responsible for arranging alternative accommodation pending making new arrival arrangements at the Housekeeper's convenience.
Arrangements for Payments
21. Payments Direct to Owner
For lets due to commence within 6 weeks:
Full payment of Rental Total and Security Deposit paid by the due date shown on the invoice.
For lets due to commence in more than 6 weeks:
Deposit Payment of 20% of the Rental Total paid by the due date shown on the invoice. Balance Payment of Rental Total and Security Deposit not less than 5 weeks prior to the commencement of let; failure by the Principal Guest to pay the Balance by the due date will constitute cancellation of the contract by default.
22. Payments to Third Party Web Sites/Agencies
Payments not made directly to the Owner will be collected by the third party web site/agencies according to the schedules determined by their own guest payment policies; monies collected will be held and only forwarded to the Owner in accordance with their transfer policies.
Failure to complete payments in accordance with the schedule determined by the third party web site/agency may lead to the automatic cancellation of the booking.
23. Any issues or complaints about the state of the property or facilities must be brought to the attention of the Housekeeper during the arrival process.
24. Any other complaints must be notified to the Owner as soon as possible by telephone, and thereafter confirmed in writing (letter or email) as soon as possible, but not more than 48 hours following departure.
25. The Principal Guest must give the Owner reasonable opportunity to rectify any shortcoming(s) in the property or facilities before seeking redress.
26. Under no circumstances will the Owner's liability exceed the rental fee paid for the property.
27. The consumer regulations covering distance contracts and a consumer's right to cancel within specified time limits for a full refund, do not apply; this agreement is for the supply of accommodation for a specific period, and therefore is exempt from the requirement to provide a ‘cooling off' period.
28. If the contract is cancelled by the Principal Guest prior to occupation, the following will apply:
Any booking fee or service charge paid to third party web sites/agents will be forfeit
A £50 administrative charge will be deducted from any rental payment already made
Any Security Deposit or Service Charge paid will be returned in full
The balance of any payments made will be forfeit unless the property can be re-let
Where the property can be re-let in part or for the whole period, a refund of any rental fees obtained from the new guests will be made, less the value of the administrative charge
29. If the let is terminated by the Principal Guest following occupation, there will be no refund of rental fees paid for any unexpended portion of the let.
30. If the contract is cancelled by the Owner prior to occupation for any reason beyond the control of the Owner (eg damage caused by fire, storm, flood, previous occupants, etc) and the apartment is not available for the period booked, then all monies paid by the Principal Guest shall be returned in full. In circumstances where the apartment becomes uninhabitable after occupation, the Owner's liability will be limited to the unexpended portion of the rental fees remaining. The Owner shall not be liable for any loss, expense or inconvenience or otherwise resulting in such unavailability and the Principal Guest shall have no claim against the Owner.
31. The Owner reserves the right to terminate the tenancy following occupation if there is a breach of any of the Guest Obligations (see below); in such circumstances all fees paid will be forfeit.
Security Deposit/Guest Obligations
32. The Principal Guest agrees to provide a security deposit, which may be retained, in whole or in part, to meet the cost of breakages, other damage, missing equipment or other fittings or facilities, extra cleaning in the event that the property is not left in accordance with the requirements detailed in the Departure notes contained in the guest information folder in the property, financial costs associated with refunds, or extra charges for non-compliance with the obligations detailed below.
33. The method of collection and return of the security deposit will vary depending on the booking channel used, as follows:
Airbnb - A credit card charge of up to GBP200 may be made up to 48 hours following departure
Holiday Lettings - A GBP200 payment will be held by Holiday Lettings; it will be returned 10 days following departure
House Trip - No security deposit taken by House Trip; payment taken by the Owner (see 7 Aspire Web-site, below)
7 Aspire Web-site - A £200/USD300 payment (as appropriate) paid by bank transfer or other electronic fund transfer; returned using same method, within 7 days following departure
34. The Principal Guest accepts that only those Occupants named on the Registration Form may reside in the apartment; the apartment may not be occupied by more than 4 persons, except for infants sleeping in guest-provided travel cots, as agreed at the time of reservation. The Principal Guest must remain resident during the period of let.
35. The Principal Guest and all Occupants are required to maintain the apartment and its contents in a clean and tidy condition, and on departure, leave said as advised by the Departure notes; failure to do so may result in an extra cleaning charge being levied.
36. The Principal Guest shall be liable for any loss, costs, expenses or claims arising from any damage caused to the apartment and/or its contents, or to the communal areas of the Aspire Building, by the deliberate or negligent act or omission of themselves or any Occupant or Visitor.
37. The Principal Guest accepts there are strictly no pets and no smoking allowed in the property. If Occupants or Visitors admit a pet or smoke in the property, a £50 extra charge will be deducted from the security deposit, in addition to any extra cleaning charges applied.
38. The Principal Guest shall not (nor permit other Occupants or Visitors to) cause nuisance or annoyance to other building users or any neighbours. They are required to keep the noise to a reasonable level, particularly between the hours of 10pm and 11am.
39. The Principal Guest must ensure that all keys are left behind on the day of departure. Failure to do so will incur a charge for replacements.
40. The Principal Guest must ensure the parking permit is left behind on the day of departure; the Principal Guest will be liable for all parking fees incurred by subsequent guests until the permit is returned or replaced, and for the full replacement cost if the permit is not returned (up to £995).
41. The Principal Guest shall allow the Owner or his Agents entry to the apartment for all reasonable purposes.
42. If, because of actions or omissions by the Principal Guest or other Occupants, the Owner is unable to meet his obligations with respect to subsequent guests, he reserves the right to recover other consequential losses from the Principal Guest.
43. Except for security deposits held by third party web sites/agents (see paragraph 33), the Owner will refund the security deposit within 7 days of the end of the let (without interest) under deduction of such sums that may be due to the Owner from the Principal Guest.
From Jan 3 - Feb 29, 2016 the minimum stay is 2 nights.